Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha

Guest Major

Guest JustDade

These Sasha threads are always interesting to me. I happen to believe that he's the single most talented guy in the game. Yet, every time he plays here we have this same discussion. Yes, his sound is different from what is usually played at Mansion. The thing is that his sound changes all the time. He never settles into a sound and sticks with it. he's constantly listening to new things and trying new things. That's a true artist, in my opinion. I have heard fans of his Northern Exposure days say he sucks now but that just means they're not into what he's playing. That's actually valid....you may not care for what he plays at any given time........but he is still talented as hell and I don't think it's fair to say he sucks. I saw him recently at the V-Fest in Baltimore. He started out with some very minimal, techy stuff and I was a little confused given that he was following Tenaglia. But after about ten minutes it all made sense and I got it. He's that kind of DJ.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drfubar
These Sasha threads are always interesting to me. I happen to believe that he's the single most talented guy in the game. Yet, every time he plays here we have this same discussion. Yes, his sound is different from what is usually played at Mansion. The thing is that his sound changes all the time. He never settles into a sound and sticks with it. he's constantly listening to new things and trying new things. That's a true artist, in my opinion. I have heard fans of his Northern Exposure days say he sucks now but that just means they're not into what he's playing. That's actually valid....you may not care for what he plays at any given time........but he is still talented as hell and I don't think it's fair to say he sucks. I saw him recently at the V-Fest in Baltimore. He started out with some very minimal, techy stuff and I was a little confused given that he was following Tenaglia. But after about ten minutes it all made sense and I got it. He's that kind of DJ.

That is a very well thought out reply and I agree with most of what you say.

When I said that to me Sasha was "bad", ofcourse I didn't mean that he's bad DJ. He just didn't play for the crowd, and the crowd responded by leaving.

Guest JustDade
That is a very well thought out reply and I agree with most of what you say.

When I said that to me Sasha was "bad", ofcourse I didn't mean that he's bad DJ. He just didn't play for the crowd, and the crowd responded by leaving.

As good as he is, I'm not sure he carries tunes for the masses in his laptop. Like I said, he's one of those DJs that will always have these kinds of reactions. But I will say that some of the most educational music moments I can remember were with him in my apartment listening to music. The things he heard in tracks and appreciated, once pointed out, changed the way I heard them.

Guest RzO
As good as he is, I'm not sure he carries tunes for the masses in his laptop. Like I said, he's one of those DJs that will always have these kinds of reactions. But I will say that some of the most educational music moments I can remember were with him in my apartment listening to music. The things he heard in tracks and appreciated, once pointed out, changed the way I heard them.

Dade, he was simply amazing. He did all the things that make him the Sasha we grew up on and more. The masses have no idea, and that is how it always is with music, right? I have been out alot, and I can say that saturday nite was one of the best nites of pure music i have ever heard. It was that good.

Mariano, don't take tek too seriously he was prolly drunk when he posted what he did. Point was that alot of people that went to hear sasha got what they wanted, alot of people who went to hear the top ten off beatport left. Its all good!:cool: