Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Were Fortunate Here In Miami...

Guest biznation00

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Buck White
One night they had Black Eyed Peas and LTJ Bukem on the same night.

That is a damn interesting juxtaposition of music.

Guest myles hie

It was sick. You would think it would be a 180 with the BEP explosive live set and then the deeper groovier LTJ biz, but it worked. MC Conrad made the transition work. It was dope, he was on a wireless mic and walked around the club doing his MC thing.

I wanna say i saw Josh Wink and the Orb for a similiar type event but things get a bit hazy ;)

There is a lot of negativity on this board....and back and forth discussions from many people who, in many cases, dont even go out! I feel like many times this board isnt a true reflection of our scene but rather a sounding board for clubbers past their prime..Jaded and out of touch...The truth is we're very fortunate to have a local scene as strong as ours...There are several clubs doing quality EDM events here and local artists touring the globe spreading the Miami flavor...Most cities I arrive in..I am welcomed with a "my greatest Miami moment was ..." story.

I was born and raised here...and Im pretty proud of how far we've come...Id love to see a little more creativity, enthusiasm and progress in this town and less bickering and "HATIN'! "

Great topic Biz...

Sometimes its tough to see whats right in front of you!

Guest JustDade
There is a lot of negativity on this board....and back and forth discussions from many people who, in many cases, dont even go out! I feel like many times this board isnt a true reflection of our scene but rather a sounding board for clubbers past their prime..Jaded and out of touch...The truth is we're very fortunate to have a local scene as strong as ours...There are several clubs doing quality EDM events here and local artists touring the globe spreading the Miami flavor...Most cities I arrive in..I am welcomed with a "my greatest Miami moment was ..." story.

I was born and raised here...and Im pretty proud of how far we've come...Id love to see a little more creativity, enthusiasm and progress in this town and less bickering and "HATIN'! "

Great topic Biz...

This is at least the first thread where it's mostly positive. The truth is that the current down-cycle has not stopped Miami from seeing talent from all over, in all genres and at all levels. If you're still into EDM, this is the best place to live.....NYC and LA included.

Great topic Biz...

When is the last time you went out besides djing at Space?

Oh that's right you don't!

pwed..

Guest swank

Great topic Biz...

+1 very well put...:cool:

Guest djway830
I don't have the brainpower to listen to your mix with a critical ear right now, but if you think you've got the juice, have the chutzpah to shop your material around.

Online and offline. Best thing I can recommend to any aspiring DJ/Producer out there is to be social, go out to events (regardless of their "underground" street cred) and get to know people.

Pod, I don't think you're full of crap. Let's be honest, the only way to really make it anywhere in this business is by getting out there and meeting as many people as possible. This works the same in the "underground" scene as well as the more "mainstream" scene. I wish that I made it out to more events and I like to think with my work schedule, I do a good job. You know though Pod, if given the opportunity, I would have no problem at all "selling out" as they say (I like making money) and like it says below.....I just like good music, whatever that may be. :)

Guest pod

I have brainpower today, I'm gonna give your mix a listen when I get home.

But at least you see it that way, that's a start anyhow. I've seen too many people with a modicum of talent, blow it, by being hermits.

Guest djway830
I have brainpower today, I'm gonna give your mix a listen when I get home.

But at least you see it that way, that's a start anyhow. I've seen too many people with a modicum of talent, blow it, by being hermits.

Pod, I do what I can. One thing I won't give up on though is the "underground" scene. I really do like more of the dj's coming through this way. There's just a different love for the music. I can't really explain it.

Guest RzO
Pod, I do what I can. One thing I won't give up on though is the "underground" scene. I really do like more of the dj's coming through this way. There's just a different love for the music. I can't really explain it.

i will sat matt, sunday eve at the lil pool party you had, the tunes were great, straight up groovin house music, mr chicago, hehe. I definitely enjoyed myself, a proper sunday evening mix of music, nice to meet you, definitely a cool lil spot u have there.:)

and sorry for calling major a wanker live on the air of your broadcast, hah! (although it was quite funny, and i didn't know we were live!:D)

I cant say it more, fortunate is an understatement, we are SPOILED here in miami.:cool:

Guest djway830
i will sat matt, sunday eve at the lil pool party you had, the tunes were great, straight up groovin house music, mr chicago, hehe. I definitely enjoyed myself, a proper sunday evening mix of music, nice to meet you, definitely a cool lil spot u have there.:)

and sorry for calling major a wanker live on the air of your broadcast, hah! (although it was quite funny, and i didn't know we were live!:D)

I cant say it more, fortunate is an understatement, we are SPOILED here in miami.:cool:

Sweet. Thanks for stopping by with him. Unfortunately, the session wasn't recorded! I really wanted to have the "gossip"! It could have made a killer remix!!! lol No worries though, Nic Alvarado loved it. He actually said it made him feel like he was at the party! And agreed, we are spoiled. ("Mr Chicago", I can thank Seb for that one)

Guest pod

I still think a lot of people on here bitch more often than is warranted, all things considered. It's not like we live in Kansas City or something.