Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IT IS COMING...[12.07.07] RAPTURE MUSIC FESTIVAL (54 DJs 8 LIVE ACTS)

Guest Blackiechan76

Guest Blackiechan76

[align=center]

IT IS COMING...

{ R A P T U R E ! }

F R I D A Y _ 1 2 . 0 7 . 0 7

ep_rapture_full_md.jpg

{ click image for full event info & to r.s.v.p. }

{ 4 INDOOR/OUTDOOR AREAS -- 14 HOURS LONG }

{ 8 LIVE PERFORMERS -- 54 DJ's }

adel | allan banford (london, england) | anatoli russki | anton chasm (philadelphia pa)

bunny from rabbit in the moon (los angeles ca) (DJ SET) | butterflhigh (port st lucie fl)

cryotron (daytona fl) (LIVE) (rob real & anthony nuzzo) | cyberpunk | dagger | danny bled

deranged | devine & emilyplay (LIVE) | discjockeyjoey | djsteel | drumintellect | duchess

energetix | eric rage | esrever jd | f8al (orlando fl) | karmatika | kid kadian (cincinnati oh) (LIVE)

kramer | kriya & storm (LIVE) | london | mad hatter | mc motive | mendez (los angeles ca)

mike freeze | mike miro | monk | monte | nick wicked | nikolas | nova | obsession | okulus anomali

ology | pg-13 | pi-rate | proxxy (washington dc) | r.furey | rabbit | randomblare (LIVE)

rawtee | reptile | shockwave (port st lucie fl) | skylab2000 (los angeles ca) (LIVE)

special k | spy | synthetix | tantra | terror fx (LIVE) (pusher fm & bobby o'hara)

tobi-love & subgenre (LIVE) | wahrfar3 | wyzzard | zaixon | zane

~( PLEASE FORWARD THIS - CLICK FOR THE CODE! )~

~~( ADD OUR MYSPACE PAGE TODAY! )~~

~~~( EVENT DISCUSSION FORUM )~~~

~~~~( R.S.V.P. HERE! )~~~~

[/align]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sela V

Toe to toe

Dancing very slow

Barely breathing

Almost comatose

Wall to wall

People hypnotised

And they're stepping lightly

Hang each night in Rapture

Back to back

Sacrailiac

Spineless movement

And a wild attack

Face to face

Sadly solitude

And it's finger popping

Twenty-four hour shopping in Rapture...

Guest kellybrannon

oh man this looks hot!!

is it in a nightlub or is it an outside festival?

i have never seen bunny and have always wanted too

Guest rhythmburn
Toe to toe

Dancing very slow

Barely breathing

Almost comatose

Wall to wall

People hypnotised

And they're stepping lightly

Hang each night in Rapture

Back to back

Sacrailiac

Spineless movement

And a wild attack

Face to face

Sadly solitude

And it's finger popping

Twenty-four hour shopping in Rapture...

Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high

DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind

Flash is fast, Flash is cool

Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do

And you don't stop, sure shot

Go out to the parking lot

And you get in your car and you drive real far

And you drive all night and then you see a light

And it comes right down and lands on the ground

And out comes a man from Mars

And you try to run but he's got a gun

And he shoots you dead and he eats your head

And then you're in the man from Mars

You go out at night, eatin' cars

You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too

Mercuries and Subarus

And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars

Then, when there's no more cars

You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet

Face to face, dance cheek to cheek

One to one, man to man

Dance toe to toe

Don't move too slow, 'cause the man from Mars

Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars

Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall

He's gonna eat 'em all

Rapture, be pure

Take a tour, through the sewer

Don't strain your brain, paint a train

You'll be singin' in the rain

I said don't stop, do punk rock

Guest Blackiechan76
Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high

DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind

Flash is fast, Flash is cool

Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do

And you don't stop, sure shot

Go out to the parking lot

And you get in your car and you drive real far

And you drive all night and then you see a light

And it comes right down and lands on the ground

And out comes a man from Mars

And you try to run but he's got a gun

And he shoots you dead and he eats your head

And then you're in the man from Mars

You go out at night, eatin' cars

You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too

Mercuries and Subarus

And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars

Then, when there's no more cars

You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet

Face to face, dance cheek to cheek

One to one, man to man

Dance toe to toe

Don't move too slow, 'cause the man from Mars

Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars

Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall

He's gonna eat 'em all

Rapture, be pure

Take a tour, through the sewer

Don't strain your brain, paint a train

You'll be singin' in the rain

I said don't stop, do punk rock

Let's take this a step further shall we? What is that equivalent of the raw emotion when experiencing musical stimulation?

Music is freedom that relentlessly exists

Freedom of speech

Freedom of thought

Freedom of creativity

Freedom of imagination

Music is ever soothingly healing

A bombardment of on-going expression of feelings

Music is a tool of unity

Always bringing people together as family

Hence be described as a mentor of spirituality

Music is magic

Performing its tricks

With sweet instrumental tones and lyrics

Music is emotionally captivating

Music is positively distracting

Music is a form of beautiful art

Passed on as a message on a public stage

Music is as powerful as water

Flowing in and out of generations

Trapped ever so often only by its own enormous power

Music is an angel

Singing out from the skies as she flies

Music is love

Music is the food of all moods

Music is perfect and it is good for you

-Sylvia Chidi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blackiechan76

RAPTURE IS ONLY SIX DAYS AWAY!

HERE ARE SOME DETAILS OF THIS PARTY TO MAKE YOU EVEN MORE EXCITED!

1) RAPTURE IS NOW 18+ FOR LADIES & GENTLEMEN! 21+ to drink (of course) at seven HUGE bars throughout the venue - both indoor and outdoor!

2) id=32944'>BUY $20 PRESALE TICKETS EXCLUSIVELY AT:

>s.gif

3) ARTIST BIOGRAPHIES, TIMESLOTS & LINEUP INFORMATION, PLUS COMPLETE DETAILS ON THE RAPTURE MUSIC FESTIVAL ARE AVAILABLE AT RAPTURE.EUPHORIAPROJE

CT.ORG!

4) *COMPLETELY* OPEN FORMAT EVENT! Come and go as you please all night long for a nominal per person re-entry fee! (All Staff, Performers, and VIP's of course receive free unlimited re-entry)

5) TREMENDOUS SOUND & LIGHTING SYSTEMS! ...multiple lasers - cryo cooling - EIGHT DL2 digital projectors ($100,000 *EACH* - the most expensive main room lighting system in all of North America!) - MASSIVE supplementary sound in all areas, PLUS backup generators to ensure continual power throughout the ENTIRE event! HIGH-END EAW, MACKIE & JBL SOUND SYSTEMS THROUGHOUT ALL FOUR AREAS!

6) DOZENS OF VENDORS! We have worked to bring you a tremendous array of low-cost vendors to supply all your needs! HENNA TATTOOS - FACE & BODY PAINTING - SANDWICHES & SNACKS - LIGHTS & GLOWSTICKS - WANDERING ROSE VENDOR - ORGANIC/HEMP JEWELRY/BRACELETS/WALLETS - a FULLY LICENSED MASSEUSE - SUNBLOCK (for the daytime portion of the event) ...and a ROOFTOP HOOKAH PARLOR & LOUNGE!

7) NO PARKING OR DRIVING HASSLES! We will have two shuttle buses running partygoers back & forth to a nearby parking lot and hotel EVERY TWENTY MINUTES, so you can leave the party, freshen up or unwind for a bit, park at one SECURE location all night, stay at a convenient hotel and never worry about DUI or other inconvenient situations!

8) FREE CATERED BREAKFAST ON THE ROOFTOP AT SUNRISE! We'll have a full "regular" and vegan breakfast, plus a MASSIVE fresh fruit table, and fruit smoothies being given out - ALL FOR FREE - beginning at 7am on the venue rooftop!

9) OPEN FORUM PANEL DISCUSSION @ 9AM ON THE ROOFTOP! ...Devoted to the future improvement of our community, our culture, and our world, and hosted by Marie Exantus of Antidote Productions and Code Pink: Women for Peace, this forum will help you guide your life towards the next level. Lost? Confused about what you can do to help? Come here and ask, and people will be ready to provide easy solutions and a fantastic way to

transition to a more positive path in your life!

10) POLITICS - ENVIRONMENT - HARM REDUCTION - ACTIVISM! More than just a music festival, we have worked hard to bring you a diverse array of informational booths from dozens of area groups & organizations devoted to help improve our world! DanceSafe, ACLU, Code Pink: Women for Peace, Citizens for a Better South Florida, and many more are expected! NOTE: ANY LEGITIMATE ORGANIZATION IS WELCOME TO RECEIVE *FREE* EXHIBITION SPACE! Contact Marie Exantus at 954-708-9001 for info!

11) ARTWORK INSTALLATIONS! We are offering *FREE* exhibition space for any artists working via any medium! Simply display your art, offer to sell it, make contacts with like-minded individuals - your choice! Simply contact Mitch Waas at 954-652-8682 for info!

12) PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY! We will have at least three professional photographers continually roaming the event - PiXeL - Leah Lupton - Michelle McKoy! They will be wearing staff badges & have cameras, so if you'd like to have your picture taken for our website, stop one of them and ask! Visit myspace.com/rapturem

iami after the event for info on where the pictures will be posted for your viewing pleasure!

13) FULL BAR SERVICE THROUGHOUT THE EVENT! 66 Nightclub has a 23 hour liquor license, so alcohol will be served from 8pm-5am, and from 6am until close at 10am! All non-alcoholic drinks will be available throughout the entire period.

14) BOTTLE SERVICE *IS* AVAILABLE! Simply call the venue, 66 Nightclub, at 305-371-6950 to make all of your arrangements!

15) ANY SPECIAL NEEDS OR REQUESTS? CONTACT MITCHELL WAAS, EVENT COORDINATOR AT 954-652-8682 and he will be happy to address your needs and provide an easy & satisfactory solution to whatever they may be!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, AND WE WILL SEE YOU THERE!

Respectfully Yours,

Mitchell Waas

Owner/CEO/Event Producer,

The Euphoria Project, Inc.

http://www.EuphoriaProj

ect.org/

Telephone: //+1-954-652-8682

.. // Euph954

MSN: // admin@euphoriaproject.org

Yahoo: // EuphoriaProject

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest JustDade

5) TREMENDOUS SOUND & LIGHTING SYSTEMS! ...multiple lasers - cryo cooling - EIGHT DL2 digital projectors ($100,000 *EACH* - the most expensive main room lighting system in all of North America!) - MASSIVE supplementary sound in all areas, PLUS backup generators to ensure continual power throughout the ENTIRE event! HIGH-END EAW, MACKIE & JBL SOUND SYSTEMS THROUGHOUT ALL FOUR AREAS!

13) FULL BAR SERVICE THROUGHOUT THE EVENT! 66 Nightclub has a 23 hour liquor license, so alcohol will be served from 8pm-5am, and from 6am until close at 10am! All non-alcoholic drinks will be available throughout the entire period.

Marie -

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, (you know you're cool with me), but thought I would point out a couple of misrepresentations since you posted something that is obviously from someone else.

The DL2 lights are nowhere near $100K each nor is the system at Bricks/66 "the most expensive main room lighting system in all of North America!". I've seen that claim made by them a bunch of times and it just ain't the case...despite what the guy who sold them the stuff told them.

The second one is the really bad news......There is no such thing as a "23 Hour Liquor License" and anyone who tells you different is just wrong. This could actually be a real issue since Barbarino has already started making noise about it. It will be a big deal if the cops show up and start arresting people.

I just don't understand how the owners and managers could be so stupid to actually believe this nonsense. How hard is it to know what your own license allows you to do?

Guest mbongiovi
Marie -

The second one is the really bad news......There is no such thing as a "23 Hour Liquor License" and anyone who tells you different is just wrong. This could actually be a real issue since Barbarino has already started making noise about it. It will be a big deal if the cops show up and start arresting people.

I just don't understand how the owners and managers could be so stupid to actually believe this nonsense. How hard is it to know what your own license allows you to do?

Dade, just curious, based on Barbarinos post, the 23 hour liqour license statement is not that far off. I am not disputing that there is no such thing as a 23 hour liqour license, because I am sure there is not but seeing that the party is on Friday night they could actually serve from 8pm Fri - 5am Sat. and then start serving again at 7am Sat., is this right? If so, the claim they are making is only off by one hour. Which obviously is still false information and should be updated.

Guest mbongiovi
Dade, just curious, based on Barbarinos post, the 23 hour liqour license statement is not that far off. I am not disputing that there is no such thing as a 23 hour liqour license, because I am sure there is not but seeing that the party is on Friday night they could actually serve from 8pm Fri - 5am Sat. and then start serving again at 7am Sat., is this right? If so, the claim they are making is only off by one hour. Which obviously is still false information and should be updated.

Just so I don't confuse anyone with my question to Dade, here is a reponse from Barbarino to set it straight:

"Originally Posted by V. Barbarino

serving time = hours of operation. So if they want to kick people out for a few hours, sure why not."

So that answers that.

Guest JustDade

The law is as follows:

Nightclubs in The City Of Miami can serve/sell alcohol from 7am - 5am on Mon-Sat. On Sundays it's from Noon - 5 am. Simply put, you open at 10pm on Friday night....you must be closed and empty of customers by 5 am Saturday morning. From 5 to 7 am it is unlawful to have anyone in the venue who is not employed there. If it's Saturday night/Sunday morning then you can not legally re-admit patrons until Noon.

Miami Beach has similar laws except they can not begin again until 8 am on Mon-Sat.

Think about it........Mansion is packed. Everyone is having a great time. Tables are bumping. Why not call "last call" and have everyone buy 4 drinks each so they can keep going durin the period of "not serving"? The answer is BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!!!!

That's why Space was invented. LP was lured to 11th Street because the City was willing to designate that specific area an "Entertainment District" and issue special alcohol sales permits. If it aint in "park West" it has to follow the same laws as everyone else in the City of Miami.

I hope that was clear.

Guest JustDade

AND JUST SO WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE......

Many of you are probably wondering if you could stay open all night if you didn't have any alcohol or liquor license at all. Again, the answer is NO. There used to be a loophole that did allow that. The MIX never served booze and was just a "juice bar" that operated 24 hours a day. They enacted a County law, (county laws superceed City laws and are law anywhere in Dade County including Miami or Miami Beach), that clarified the situation. This clarification further defined the fact that licensed or not, serving or not, you can't be open past 5am. And just like that......no more MIX.

There are now a few threads on this topic. In the Pawn Shop/Richie Hawtin thread, the venue owner just posted that he was wrong and the advertising will be ammended. Maybe someone at Bricks/66 should do the same.

Guest mbongiovi
The law is as follows:

Nightclubs in The City Of Miami can serve/sell alcohol from 7am - 5am on Mon-Sat. On Sundays it's from Noon - 5 am. Simply put, you open at 10pm on Friday night....you must be closed and empty of customers by 5 am Saturday morning. From 5 to 7 am it is unlawful to have anyone in the venue who is not employed there. If it's Saturday night/Sunday morning then you can not legally re-admit patrons until Noon.

Miami Beach has similar laws except they can not begin again until 8 am on Mon-Sat.

Think about it........Mansion is packed. Everyone is having a great time. Tables are bumping. Why not call "last call" and have everyone buy 4 drinks each so they can keep going durin the period of "not serving"? The answer is BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!!!!

That's why Space was invented. LP was lured to 11th Street because the City was willing to designate that specific area an "Entertainment District" and issue special alcohol sales permits. If it aint in "park West" it has to follow the same laws as everyone else in the City of Miami.

I hope that was clear.

Thanks for the clarification.

The DL2 lights are nowhere near $100K each nor is the system at Bricks/66 "the most expensive main room lighting system in all of North America!". I've seen that claim made by them a bunch of times and it just ain't the case...despite what the guy who sold them the stuff told them.

Hey there, I'm the main promoter/producer behind this event. I appreciate your clarification; I'm just repeating what the club told me - "two million dollar renovation" ... "$100,000 per DL2" ... "total of eight DL2's installed" ... "only other venue with more than eight DL2's is in Ibiza" is the basic gist of what they've told me.

I was a bit skeptical but what the hell, you can read much of the same type of hype on the manufacturer's website where they tout Club 66 (then called Bricks of course) as "The Most Expensive High-End Lighting Installation in North America." That may be a mis-quote but that's the basic tone of the phrase they use.

Sorry if any of that is wrong, like I said I was just parroting what was already told me. My silly fault, I suppose, for assuming the information I got was correct. :)

Well, as we've discussed in the OTHER thread on this same subject, I've done everything on my end to ensure this is a legal, legitimate event. I already asked the owner and he consulted with his attorney and they both replied that 66 does INDEED have a 23 hour liquor license.

I suppose in the end, before the event itself starts, I'll have to insist that I see a copy of their license, just to COMPLETELY cover myself and my company's ass. Euphoria Project may not be a PERFECT company - we've certainly made our share of mistakes over the years - but if this event were to be shut down and I were (even temporarily) arrested, I'm sure EP's reputation wouldn't exactly be improved in a POSITIVE direction.

I'll be hitting up 66 tomorrow and will talk with the management AGAIN. And ask to see their liquor license in print.

Worse comes to worst I suppose the liquor sales will be ending at 5am. But we shall see!

I'll post an update on here once I find out the final verdict.

peace,

Mitch

I hope that was clear.

Thanks again for the clarification on this and the "staying open past 5am" situation. So basically you're saying, EVEN IF ALCOHOL SALES STOP AT 5am, there's no legal way 66 as a venue can stay open 'til 10am? If that's the truth, that's a seriously major problem for my event. I am now SERIOUSLY concerned. And will (as I've said) post an update once I've spoken to the venue.

peace

PS: Just out of curiosity, is Space the only venue in that area that has that exception/exemption?

Guest JustDade
Thanks again for the clarification on this and the "staying open past 5am" situation. So basically you're saying, EVEN IF ALCOHOL SALES STOP AT 5am, there's no legal way 66 as a venue can stay open 'til 10am? If that's the truth, that's a seriously major problem for my event. I am now SERIOUSLY concerned. And will (as I've said) post an update once I've spoken to the venue.

peace

PS: Just out of curiosity, is Space the only venue in that area that has that exception/exemption?

Sadly, that's the truth. However, this only matters if the code is enforced. Apparently the one advantage to Bricks' location is that they are invisible to law enforcement and customers alike. This may all be much ado about nothing. BUT.....if they do feel like enforcing the actual laws......5 am is closing time.

AND.....

"The Most Expensive High-End Lighting Installation in North America."

High End Systems is the manufacturer of the DL2. So it's not "the most expensive main room lighting system"....it's "the most expensive HIGH END installation". Big difference.

AND....

No, Space is not the only club with a 24 hour permit. Life, Studio A, Area 51, Nocturnal, Stereo and Goldrush all have 24 hour licenses.

Guest Blackiechan76

In the meanwhile as the legal drama is being resolved in a professional manner with all parties involved..a few interludes to ease into the next episode...

To address the concerns at hand regarding 66 and their liquor license:

I have once again spoken to the management at 66 and apparently some of you on here have actually contacted them yourselves. Many thanks to those of you who did that, because it apparently helped to underline the problem to the 66 mgmt, and helped them realize the importance of fully resolving this situation.

According to the 66 Nightclub management, they do indeed have a liquor license that stipulates they can serve alcohol until 5am on Friday night, and are also allowed to serve alcohol on Saturday from 7am until 5am. (On Sunday, however, alcohol cannot be served until noon.) So that was my error, there's actually a TWO HOUR gap from Friday to Saturday alcohol sales, not one hour. However, they can definitely stay open during those two hours, as long as the bars aren't serving alcohol.

They have assured me that this is a special ruling strictly for nightclubs along the "Brickell Avenue Basin" (or some phrase to that effect) which includes Tobacco Road which is right around the corner from 66. They have also assured me that they have this in print, and I will be heading over there tomorrow morning to obtain said article, which I will then transcribe and post up here for everyone's enlightenment. :)

Hopefully that will then permanently resolve this situation (at least concerning 66). Thanks to everyone for raising this issue, because if you hadn't I probably would have just "ASSUMED" everything was fine, and could have POTENTIALLY landed myself in a lot of trouble.

peace,

Mitch =O )

Dude, read it on their site!

http://www.tobacco-road.com/

Top right hand corner... Why do they state "open" till 5am if they can stay open later? I asked a friend of mine about Tobacco road (i've never been there) and they can only stay open till 5am.. So why is your club any different?

Seriously, you need to call code enforcement and get it in writing!