Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IT IS COMING...[12.07.07] RAPTURE MUSIC FESTIVAL (54 DJs 8 LIVE ACTS)

Guest Blackiechan76

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ariel

Dade is in training to be the new Barbarino. Nick is retiring the boards to replace POPS and continue to wash LP's car, along with all that work on 11st. :-P

Guest JustDade
dade has been on a bashing roll lately

I wouldn't say I've been on a "bashing roll". I would say that I have been calling it like I see it rather than just being quiet when I see something shitty. You have to admit that this event was a clusterfuck that could have been avoided.

The truth is that I feel for the guy. Anyone who has been promoting events for any amount of time has had their share of failures. I know that I have. But....to finance an event with a loan on your car and your buddy's IRA is just crazy. To do it at the ultimate failure venue was even crazier. To hire a bunch of DJs and performers without money to pay them is just wrong and is the reason that a lot of artists have a bad impression of "promoters." But what really chaps my ass is that these guys claim to be so fucking socially concious and PLURified yet when push came to shove they acted like typical scumbags. When there was a question about the hours, they didn't mention it on their website at all or inform their loyal followers. They just kept trying to sell tickets. When it was over and they were stuck with the bills, they blamed the parking!?!?!? Sorry.......it wasn't the parking that caused the problem. It was the whole thing that was wrong. It was an outdated model applied at a terrible location conceived and implemented by amateurs. Now they have given the old IOUs to people who were counting on the money they were promised and are asking for money from the same people they conned in the first place. Fuck them.

But that's not bashing........

Guest JustDade
Dade is in training to be the new Barbarino. Nick is retiring the boards to replace POPS and continue to wash LP's car, along with all that work on 11st. :-P

Don't make me cloud up and rain all over you, Son.

Guest aj2234
I wouldn't say I've been on a "bashing roll". I would say that I have been calling it like I see it rather than just being quiet when I see something shitty. You have to admit that this event was a clusterfuck that could have been avoided.

The truth is that I feel for the guy. Anyone who has been promoting events for any amount of time has had their share of failures. I know that I have. But....to finance an event with a loan on your car and your buddy's IRA is just crazy. To do it at the ultimate failure venue was even crazier. To hire a bunch of DJs and performers without money to pay them is just wrong and is the reason that a lot of artists have a bad impression of "promoters." But what really chaps my ass is that these guys claim to be so fucking socially concious and PLURified yet when push came to shove they acted like typical scumbags. When there was a question about the hours, they didn't mention it on their website at all or inform their loyal followers. They just kept trying to sell tickets. When it was over and they were stuck with the bills, they blamed the parking!?!?!? Sorry.......it wasn't the parking that caused the problem. It was the whole thing that was wrong. It was an outdated model applied at a terrible location conceived and implemented by amateurs. Now they have given the old IOUs to people who were counting on the money they were promised and are asking for money from the same people they conned in the first place. Fuck them.

they cant blame the location either. for this type of event its not a bad spot. we did candyland and future sound of breaks there when it was Pure or Rivir and both events did well over 1500 people.

Guest Ariel

LOL.

But what you said before, you're calling it like it is not bashing. I read these threads but don't really partake in these discussions and see how most people tend to take these things soo serious and don't see the truth. Some people should listen and take it as help. Mistakes like that could have been avoided for sure.

Guest Ariel
they cant blame the location either. for this type of event its not a bad spot. we did candyland and future sound of breaks there when it was Pure or Rivir and both events did well over 1500 people.

I remember that Candyland and it was dope! That's an example of good marketing for an OK venue. If done right something good can come out of it.

Guest JustDade

The Ep guys should have called AJ and asked him to co-promote but they were too caught up in their own message board to realize they were in trouble.

Guest mandarin
dade has been on a bashing roll lately

fuck that, EP deserves it. I'm still looking for my artists' compensation. Attn: MITCH, FUCK YOU PAY ME!

Guest JustDade
fuck that, EP deserves it. I'm still looking for my artists' compensation. Attn: MITCH, FUCK YOU PAY ME!

Listen here, you ingrate........Mitch will pay you as soon as the EP crew starts pouring in those donations.

Guest mandarin
Listen here, you ingrate........Mitch will pay you as soon as the EP crew starts pouring in those donations.

I intend on collecting, donations or not.

Guest aj2234

taken from the EP site, i can believe this is still up !

We Appreciate Your Support

x-click-but21.gif

We are a business and an organization which is COMPLETELY supported by you, our members. We pride ourselves on being operated as a COMMUNITY, and not merely controlled by a few power-hungry individuals. This means that we need **YOU** to be an active part of this community!! We encourage every member to contribute to the community in any way that they can.

Fortunately, our server has been kindly donated to us by ZIRUX.NET, however we do still have a lot of monthly bills to cover - electric, water, cable & internet, etc. Although it isn't always 100% practical, the two main partners of EP do *NOT* work day jobs - we have devoted our lives to seeing this business succeed - through thick and thin, no matter what!

So... For those of you who have the means - even if it's only a few dollars - it would be GRATEFULLY appreciated if you make a contribution toward our monthly goal, in whatever denomination you prefer. EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!

Please select an amount:

Other

And choose your currency:

$ USD

€ EUR

£ GBP

$ CAD

Â¥ JPY

$ AUD

Do you want your username to be shown?

Yes! - Tell the world I gave my hard-earned cash! No - List my donation as Anonymous

| Who has donated so far this month :)| Name Amount Date USD

Guest 029

(from EP site)

HELP SUPPORT EP!

Make A Donation

December´s Goal: $75.00

Due Date: Dec 31

Gross Amount: $0.00

Net Balance: $0.00

Left to go: $75.00

Guest ikamoto

LOL, Just Dade, I guess I should have said MY 2008. Besides if there is Rapture 2008 and all these lessons have been learned, what's the downside? (why did I just do that to me? LOL, I can see the msgs now...)

Either way. I have nada more comments to make about an event already almost a week old.

mandarin, what can I tell ya? :( I hope at some point everything works out.

I nominate this for most insane post of the year. Yeah.....2008 is going to be HUMONGOUS!!! BTW - Who is cashing in their IRA for that one?
:)There was a contest? :( on the IRA reference...

LOL.

But what you said before, you're calling it like it is not bashing. I read these threads but don't really partake in these discussions and see how most people tend to take these things soo serious and don't see the truth. Some people should listen and take it as help. Mistakes like that could have been avoided for sure.

I remember that Candyland and it was dope! That's an example of good marketing for an OK venue. If done right something good can come out of it.
:cool:

Guest jkfunkee
taken from the EP site, i can believe this is still up !

We Appreciate Your Support

x-click-but21.gif

We are a business and an organization which is COMPLETELY supported by you, our members. We pride ourselves on being operated as a COMMUNITY, and not merely controlled by a few power-hungry individuals. This means that we need **YOU** to be an active part of this community!! We encourage every member to contribute to the community in any way that they can.

Fortunately, our server has been kindly donated to us by ZIRUX.NET, however we do still have a lot of monthly bills to cover - electric, water, cable & internet, etc. Although it isn't always 100% practical, the two main partners of EP do *NOT* work day jobs - we have devoted our lives to seeing this business succeed - through thick and thin, no matter what!

So... For those of you who have the means - even if it's only a few dollars - it would be GRATEFULLY appreciated if you make a contribution toward our monthly goal, in whatever denomination you prefer. EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!

Please select an amount:

Other

And choose your currency:

$ USD

€ EUR

£ GBP

$ CAD

Â¥ JPY

$ AUD

Do you want your username to be shown?

Yes! - Tell the world I gave my hard-earned cash! No - List my donation as Anonymous

| Who has donated so far this month :)| Name Amount Date USD

i tried to donate $0.00 but paypal wouldnt let me.

Guest ICON

thats not bashing at all.. thats fucked up. i saw the pics of the event.. it looked like 10 people showed up. if a person does not have money to cover a party.. then perhaps they need to go back to school and look for a job at a workplace somewhere.

Although it isn't always 100% practical, the two main partners of EP do *NOT* work day jobs - we have devoted our lives to seeing this business succeed - through thick and thin, no matter what!

it is amazing how many people in this city dont want to work REAL jobs.. so they do whatever they can to make that a reality... most always fail.

My question.. what exactly is their business? Promoting lame ass raves and shit?

Guest Blackiechan76

I do apologize for taking a couple of days offline to handle some personal and financial business. I see you all have continued the lively debate of correct business ethics and standards in the nightlife industry in South Florida...However, I'm a bit perplexed at the fact you all are still harping about this event? For real? You all made it painfully obvious, from the inception of the event being promoted there was non-existent sincere support on this forum. And at times was really over the top.

I feel for Mitch and his partners, which umm...they did have money...their own. I lost over countless hours of my own personal time and effort and came out empty handed monetarily. But, for the people, whom attended the event and actually understood the goals we were trying to accomplish we know what's up. Now, during this period of reflection my affiliates and I questioned the odd barrage of inquiries regarding of laws being broken, liquor licenses being revoked, access to afterhours permits and who has really has the monopoly on this nightlife market...this and that? Now, Is it that EP and crew weren't lining your pockets or immediate interests? Is there some type of animosity or bad beef from back in the day and this was your time to shine when it came to just plain old playa hatin?

Unfortunately, most events and small business owners (like myself) go by a verbal agreements with their friends or affiliates on endeavors, such as these and is a common practice. For the last couple of days have consulted with a number of folk about Rapture and there's been a myriad of opinions. I've taken all the advice to heart and will apply those recommendations and constructive criticisms from now on with any venture I pursue.

Now, if there were contracts signed or verbal agreements made with Mitch and weren't adhered to properly? Please contact me directly at 954-708-9001 We'll resolve everyone's financial obligations and settle them in a timely manner.

Oh btw I have work three jobs:

I'm a nationally and state board certified L.M.T (Licensed Massage Therapist #MA42036 Nat'L Certified #404226-00) I work for IMC and Local Motion Productions with major venues in town (AAA, Bank Atlantic Center, Mizner) as a Stage Hand Sound/Audio/Video & Lighting Production Assistant. And my passion, Antidote Productions, Inc., which is a comprehensive Bookings, Artist/Modeling Management, Event Planning, Multi-Media Production and Photography agency. Like any small business owner, you'll experience unexpected financial losses and woes, especially during the current economic downturn we're experiencing nationwide. I've made and will probably continue to make my share of mistakes, but I also celebrate the litany of positive accomplishments that I've experienced. Nevertheless, I can't predict the outcome while going around the bend. We all took a chance including the venue, we gambled and lost. So what? So you all are always on point? I doubt it.

I hope everyone on here is well aware, that Mitch never intentionally set out to fuck his people over. And, honestly I'm disgusted at the level of obscenities, harsh remarks and outright insults to him and his affiliates. Which includes me. He's not only a business affiliate, but my friend. To witness how you all have reacted on here and glad some of you all didn't attend Friday night. The possibility of bringing that negative aura was spared on our behalf thank god. Realize Mitch attempted to showcase and give opportunities to the new generation of up and coming deejays who deserved the chance to been seen. And what does he get in return? Nothing, but hey it's all good.

peace,

Marie

Guest JustDade
I do apologize for taking a couple of days offline to handle some personal and financial business. I see you all have continued the lively debate of correct business ethics and standards in the nightlife industry in South Florida...However, I'm a bit perplexed at the fact you all are still harping about this event? For real? You all made it painfully obvious, from the inception of the event being promoted there was non-existent sincere support on this forum. And at times was really over the top.

I feel for Mitch and his partners, which umm...they did have money...their own. I lost over countless hours of my own personal time and effort and came out empty handed monetarily. But, for the people, whom attended the event and actually understood the goals we were trying to accomplish we know what's up. Now, during this period of reflection my affiliates and I questioned the odd barrage of inquiries regarding of laws being broken, liquor licenses being revoked, access to afterhours permits and who has really has the monopoly on this nightlife market...this and that? Now, Is it that EP and crew weren't lining your pockets or immediate interests? Is there some type of animosity or bad beef from back in the day and this was your time to shine when it came to just plain old playa hatin?

Unfortunately, most events and small business owners (like myself) go by a verbal agreements with their friends or affiliates on endeavors, such as these and is a common practice. For the last couple of days have consulted with a number of folk about Rapture and there's been a myriad of opinions. I've taken all the advice to heart and will apply those recommendations and constructive criticisms from now on with any venture I pursue.

Now, if there were contracts signed or verbal agreements made with Mitch and weren't adhered to properly? Please contact me directly at 954-708-9001 We'll resolve everyone's financial obligations and settle them in a timely manner.

Oh btw I have work three jobs:

I'm a nationally and state board certified L.M.T (Licensed Massage Therapist #MA42036 Nat'L Certified #404226-00) I work for IMC and Local Motion Productions with major venues in town (AAA, Bank Atlantic Center, Mizner) as a Stage Hand Sound/Audio/Video & Lighting Production Assistant. And my passion, Antidote Productions, Inc., which is a comprehensive Bookings, Artist/Modeling Management, Event Planning, Multi-Media Production and Photography agency. Like any small business owner, you'll experience unexpected financial losses and woes, especially during the current economic downturn we're experiencing nationwide. I've made and will probably continue to make my share of mistakes, but I also celebrate the litany of positive accomplishments that I've experienced. Nevertheless, I can't predict the outcome while going around the bend. We all took a chance including the venue, we gambled and lost. So what? So you all are always on point? I doubt it.

I hope everyone on here is well aware, that Mitch never intentionally set out to fuck his people over. And, honestly I'm disgusted at the level of obscenities, harsh remarks and outright insults to him and his affiliates. Which includes me. He's not only a business affiliate, but my friend. To witness how you all have reacted on here and glad some of you all didn't attend Friday night. The possibility of bringing that negative aura was spared on our behalf thank god. Realize Mitch attempted to showcase and give opportunities to the new generation of up and coming deejays who deserved the chance to been seen. And what does he get in return? Nothing, but hey it's all good.

peace,

Marie

Marie - As I said before, I have nothing but respect for you. I also feel badly for Mitch since I know what it's like to lose money on an event like this.

That said, I think you're being a little unfair about this. If you look at how this began, you'll see that it was simply a question of legal operating hours. Mitch personally replied and told us that he would get proof that the hours were correct and would post the proof. From that point on, he was nowhere to be found. Why? Because he knew that there was a 5 am cut-off. He made the decision to remain silent rather than let his loyal followers know there may be an issue. As far as I am concerned, that's not very cool.

He hired a bunch of DJs without any way to pay them. You may call that giving them a showcase butr I call it screwing them over. They could have gotten other gigs or just stayed home and saved the gas.

And....NO....most small businesses do not just go by verbal agreements. I don't know anybody in the business who just goes by verbal agreements.......that's crazy.

But the worst part is that he is now asking you all to pay for his mistakes.......again You are working three jobs to make ends meet and you still are having trouble. Mitch HAS NEVER WORKED!!! He asks the people who like EP to support him with monthly donations. It's no surprise that when this fell apart he just asked for more free money. I'm sorry, but that is really fucked up. It's only a community if everybody contributes. If one guy is the leader and all the followers support him it's called a cult.

Guest JustDade
LMAO!

The guy actually has a permanent section on his website where he explains that he does not work a "real" job so that he can devote all his time to the "community". He then asks that his followers make monthly donations so he can pay his phone, cable, internet and other bills. Does he have premium channels as well? Is it just me or is that insane? So let me get this straight.......I should work and earn money and send it to him so he can sit on his fat, lazy ass and dream up failure raves that I can pay to attend and when they lose money I can donate more money to pay off his debts?

This guy has a real scam going.