Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IT IS COMING...[12.07.07] RAPTURE MUSIC FESTIVAL (54 DJs 8 LIVE ACTS)

Guest Blackiechan76

Here you go, your club is lying to you! It's in the code on the city website.

(4) Hours of operation. The hours of operation for the sale of liquor shall be restricted for each Entertainment District as follows:

a. Brickell Village district: liquor sales shall cease at 5:00 a.m.

b. Brickell Riverside district: liquor sales shall cease at 5:00 a.m.

c. Park West district shall have no restrictions on hours of operation.

d. Media Entertainment district: liquor sales shall cease at 5:00 a.m.

e. Overtown district: liquor sales shall cease at 5:00 a.m.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JustDade
negative nancy

Why is he Negative Nancy? It was the venue who didn't know the law. It was the venue who lied to you guys. It was the venue who made up stories about special zoning. If someone here is to blame, it's the venue. Don't hate the messenger.

Guest JustDade
So basically you're saying, EVEN IF ALCOHOL SALES STOP AT 5am, there's no legal way 66 as a venue can stay open 'til 10am? If that's the truth, that's a seriously major problem for my event. I am now SERIOUSLY concerned. And will (as I've said) post an update once I've spoken to the venue.

What's the update after your conversation with the venue??

Guest pod

Yes, there's no legal way 66 can stay open past 5 AM, barring the magic "resolution", which is not possible now since the commission has already met.

Guest Blackiechan76

Just a heads up:

-be aware of your parking situations and not leave anything of value in your vehicles. This is a major weekend in South Florida alot of peeps are in town.

-Please respect yourself, be conscious of your entourages, posse or crews behaviors and everything will be all good!

*Get ready to have a great time and hear some tight sounds reppin from all over the world. Thank you to the folks out there, whom gave us their constructive criticism, Pro bono publico legal advice for even taking the time to possibly school some folk on this board on how business should be run. Maybe just maybe this was a wake up call? So Biggups to Just Dade, Pod and I can't believe I'm even going to admit this publicly and V. Barbarino.

Shout out to the folk on here who weighed in with the comical and outlandish opinions of this endeavor and I say this to you...

This will be a wonderful event and look forward to going till 10am Saturday morning. So on that note...

Much love from the Rapture Music Festival Massive:)

peace,

Marie aka Blackiechan

Guest JustDade
Just a heads up:

-be aware of your parking situations and not leave anything of value in your vehicles. This is a major weekend in South Florida alot of peeps are in town.

-Please respect yourself, be conscious of your entourages, posse or crews behaviors and everything will be all good!

*Get ready to have a great time and hear some tight sounds reppin from all over the world. Thank you to the folks out there, whom gave us their constructive criticism, Pro bono publico legal advice for even taking the time to possibly school some folk on this board on how business should be run. Maybe just maybe this was a wake up call? So Biggups to Just Dade, Pod and I can't believe I'm even going to admit this publicly and V. Barbarino.

Shout out to the folk on here who weighed in with the comical and outlandish opinions of this endeavor and I say this to you...

This will be a wonderful event and look forward to going till 10am Saturday morning. So on that note...

Much love from the Rapture Music Festival Massive:)

peace,

Marie aka Blackiechan

Marie - I know you to be a cool person and i appreciate your kind words. However, none of that changes the fact that the venue is not telling the truth about their operational ability. Mitch promised to post written proof. The venue made up some story but nothing has been posted that would contradict what we all know to be the law. Why are you guys still promoting this as an extended hours event? What will happen if the police shut it down? Will everyone get a refund?

Guest ikamoto

I absolutely and completely enjoyed every hour of this event. Rapture 2008 is gonna be even better!

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad propz to EVERYONE who had something to do with putting this together and made it work!

54 djs is AWESOME! MONK, BUNNY (and K) from Rabbit In The Moon and everyone else did their thing to the hilt! So many cool people at this thing I never broke a sweat off the dancefloor.

Thanks for breakfast. The Venue Staff were Phenomenal (MAD MAD Propz and Shout Outz go right here!) and yes, it was indeed my pleasure to meet you...

I think I may have lost my Signed RAPTURE poster! :-(

I KNOW! :-(

So there's got to be 2008, 2009, and 2010, just to help get me over it. Please? :-) Don't make me make a poll! LOL

Guest Ryan EliteEnt
I absolutely and completely enjoyed every hour of this event. Rapture 2008 is gonna be even better!

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad propz to EVERYONE who had something to do with putting this together and made it work!

54 djs is AWESOME! MONK, BUNNY (and K) from Rabbit In The Moon and everyone else did their thing to the hilt! So many cool people at this thing I never broke a sweat off the dancefloor.

Thanks for breakfast. The Venue Staff were Phenomenal (MAD MAD Propz and Shout Outz go right here!) and yes, it was indeed my pleasure to meet you...

I think I may have lost my Signed RAPTURE poster! :-(

I KNOW! :-(

So there's got to be 2008, 2009, and 2010, just to help get me over it. Please? :-) Don't make me make a poll! LOL

LOL

Guest JustDade
several Dj's did not get paid yet = event a failure in my eyes, waste of time.

What a shock!!! Djs not getting paid.....venue breaking the law.....what has the world come to?

Any DJ stupid enough to play for these idiots without getting every dime up front deserves to be screwed. Aside from the fact that the event was doomed to be an utter failure, it's just bad business.

Guest Blackiechan76

MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE, whom had a chance to swing by on Friday night till 8:30am Saturday morning. Thanks to Glen (Rays of Light), Lennox (Sound Media) and Eric (Stage/Production manager) for providing the production staff and quality set-up. Biggup to Kevens for making a cameo appearance and throwin down some sick vocals w/Bunny. Much thanks to all the vendors, and non-profit/activist organizations for reppin our community:) RASTA SHOT OUT to all the amazing DJ's and artists who performed and provided a sincere vibe. The breakfast rooftop session was certainly off the chain! Most importantly Thank you to the management at 66 Nightclub, Mitch, Tobi, Keith, Dan, Anthony, Robert and the City of Miami Police Department for cooperating with us in letting us make this event happen. We'll see you out next year for Rapture Music Festival 2008

peace

Guest mandarin
MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE, whom had a chance to swing by on Friday night till 8:30am Saturday morning. Thanks to Glen (Rays of Light), Lennox (Sound Media) and Eric (Stage/Production manager) for providing the production staff and quality set-up. Biggup to Kevens for making a cameo appearance and throwin down some sick vocals w/Bunny. Much thanks to all the vendors, and non-profit/activist organizations for reppin our community:) RASTA SHOT OUT to all the amazing DJ's and artists who performed and provided a sincere vibe. The breakfast rooftop session was certainly off the chain! Most importantly Thank you to the management at 66 Nightclub, Mitch, Tobi, Keith, Dan, Anthony, Robert and the City of Miami Police Department for cooperating with us in letting us make this event happen. We'll see you out next year for Rapture Music Festival 2008

peace

bs- it was practically empty, many areas were shut off due to "noise complaints" and several CONTRACTED djs did not receive payment yet, and Mitch has BOTH of his phones NOT accepting incoming calls.

Guest JustDade
bs- it was practically empty, many areas were shut off due to "noise complaints" and several CONTRACTED djs did not receive payment yet, and Mitch has BOTH of his phones NOT accepting incoming calls.

And the beat goes on.........

Guest ikamoto

OK, mandarin, for the attendees the event was a success. They are still talking about it today...

For the djs and any "behind the scenes" stuff, well, we all like when business is good and everyone who works deserves payment or a settlement agreed on by both parties.

I wasn't involved in the business end so I can't talk about stuff I don't know.

I hope it works out 'cause I know 2008 is gonna be humongous. :)

JustDade, Britney has a song with that title on her first album, it's not terrible...;)

Much love to Blackiechan76! :cool:

And the beat goes on.........

peace

Guest JustDade
OK, mandarin, for the attendees the event was a success. They are still talking about it today...

For the djs and any "behind the scenes" stuff, well, we all like when business is good and everyone who works deserves payment or a settlement agreed on by both parties.

I wasn't involved in the business end so I can't talk about stuff I don't know.

I hope it works out 'cause I know 2008 is gonna be humongous. :)

JustDade, Britney has a song with that title on her first album, it's not terrible...;)

Much love to Blackiechan76! :cool:

I nominate this for most insane post of the year. Yeah.....2008 is going to be HUMONGOUS!!! BTW - Who is cashing in their IRA for that one?

Guest jkfunkee
I nominate this for most insane post of the year. Yeah.....2008 is going to be HUMONGOUS!!! BTW - Who is cashing in their IRA for that one?

i got five on it