Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Heating things up for Nov.....

Guest Brad Sever

Guest michael^heaven
in my opinion there are five names that are untouchable in south florida unless the original promoters are involved 1) phat black pussy cat 2) home cookin 3) the church 4)purgatory 5) back door bamby- other than those, free game but those five nights are legendary and shaped south florida - just so we are clear I was not directly involved in any if you were wondering.... - there are my constructive and critical thoughts...... just sayin:rolleyes:

Add in the Lollipop Guild & The Time events.;)

Guest DB-CMG

this topic really got heated, just as the name...

a lot of culture regarding party names...

just chill guys... its all good...

and by the way... love Shine and Blue...

each venue got its own way of making the party good and fun...

good night folks:cool:

Guest sugaslim
lets see.... home cookin began in the 90's at the legendary groovejet for nearly 10 yrs. it was every tuesday and featured mark leventhal and radamus with elaine lancaster and shelly novak on the grill in the back. it was then at opium garden and lasted there for 2 years before it moved back to rain. it was a successful tuesday night at rain up until about a yr ago. it was their only solidly profitable night. it was promoted by church and bamby promoters carmel ophir, frankie, and mykel stevens and phat black pussycat promoter conrad and bill spector. it is a piece of miami beach history for the locals and to use its name in the city in which it was arguably the best locals night for over a decade is just plain out rude and disrespectful.... - i don't think anyone needs to cower the history of miami and not name something because its been used before but in my opinion there are five names that are untouchable in south florida unless the original promoters are involved 1) phat black pussy cat 2) home cookin 3) the church 4)purgatory 5) back door bamby- other than those, free game but those five nights are legendary and shaped south florida - just so we are clear I was not directly involved in any if you were wondering.... - there are my constructive and critical thoughts...... just sayin:rolleyes:
..........Trying to be so critical

Guest sugaslim
listen... i never meant to be harsh and I know i may have come across that way. dan is right, i do take some exception as I was involved with groovejet. I never said your party was "lame" I said using the name of a legendary party "home cookin" was lame.... how was colette? the colette night wasn't great honestly- we did about 700 heads in total but we did over 2200 on saturday for dj dan... some nights are good some aren't.... thats just night life... heineken's are $8 dollars at shine by the way... always have been - 6 for domestic 8 for imports - I think its the same as blue - what does beer price have to do with anything anyways?? if you say you didn't know then you didn't know but to say you've worked in sobe and not heard of home cookin is hard to believe - anyways, anyone who knows me knows that I am all for love and unity and the betterment of the scene - i give you props for moss - best of luck dude - there was no need for a personal attack man.. shows maturity...

children children children

Again, back to my example for V. Barbarino's benefit, if I named my club or party Temptations, I am sure I would get crucified on NJGuido, and Denny would probably be on the phone with me post-haste asking what the heck my problem was.

Imagine if I called it Paradise Garage? Christ, I'd need personal security every time I left my apt.

ummmm NO!

Couple problems with your theory..

First off, this is a party name not a club name, but lets assume it was a club name..

If you ask LP, he'll tell you every 3 years the club scene turns over crowd wise. Tempts has been closed I think like 3 years now going on 4. Maybe longer. The kids out at the bars and clubs now wouldn't probably know about Tempts at all! Example, I use to hang out at the Sawmill in Seaside, my brother hung out at the Greenroom in Seaside. Ironically THEY ARE THE SAME PLACE!

Next, clubs rarely get a global presence, besides a handful here in the US. Most of the clubbers couldn't name a single club outside the US if you held a gun to their head. I bet some people inside club space don't know what the name of the club actually is! Let alone the name of the party!

Then toss in geography and the time since the club or party closed and how popular it was, and you can see how Jon has no leg to stand on. Google Tempts or Paradise Garage on google maps there are tons of them all over.

Maybe to the 5 on this board who are hard core, but to the other 95% of clubbers club names and parties are forgotten 3 years later...

Another example, someon in Sobe opened up Voodoo... 15 miles away from the most famous voodoo.. Brick NJ still has Mansion. on and on and on and on..

Studio 54 only was open a year, there are 9438752934857342958 Studio 54's open today.

Let it go, the club scene and this stupid home cooking party was about as important to the scene as the Corona Boys who were fired from Space..

OH I forget how about all the club Envys??? And We Love Space Fridays...

Guest LeVeL

I agree Party names @ clubs get recycled and re-used over and over again, just a couple of months ago Nocturnal named their party Sunrise Sessions and even posted a flyer for the event which resembled the Sunrise Sessions party @ Space.

I know a lot of people are sometimes touched by these parties and wish for them to not be used by another venue that is not living to the party but its total non-sense to lose sleep over a parties name.

If you want the name of the party to go down in history, then brand it, make it yours and only yours that way other don't use it. Just look @ David Guetta's Fuck Me I'm Famous Party, no matter where he goes the name is accompanied with his name, so if a club uses a Fuck Me I'm Famous party then you know the reps for Guetta will call you.

Guest james stratus

2 to 4 cents here.

Fever was a legendary party thrown in the days when there were still clubs called the Spot, Insitution (?), and Paragon open on the beach. Fever and Buzz were DC/ Baltimore clubs/parties which are legendary by any standard. So 2 parties with the same name that effected an insane amount of people 1000 miles from each other... OK!

BTW Sorry I missed Jeff and the Grab crew last night. I passed out early. Next time.

Guest Cosmigonon

What a lame thread. I've been here for four years and never ever heard about that, even if that party was still going on last year. Like somebody said, 95% of clubgoers couldn't give a shit...