Clubplanet Nightlife Community

accommodation idea

Guest lub

Guest lub

I was thinking how to really cut down on the hotel expense and here's the idea: What if I rent one of those luxury cabins in some Miami campground. I actually saw one with a queen bad, air-conditioning and all. This one was for $60 a day. Then if I rent a car for some $300 a week and drive between the campground cabin and beach for the parties while parking in that big garage building at 13th and Collins for $9 a day.

It's my first time at the conference so I will appreciate your feed back to this idea.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might as well stay on Mars. This is so far way from the beach. You'll be hating life driving back and forth. You can find rooms cheaper the farther up the beach you go.=)

rent a condo on the beach, go in with like 2-3 people, last year I had a great location (9th+Ocean) We got a great deal $1800 for 9 days, we only got it longer because my gf's from the UK were on vaca as well. Typically that's the best way to do it. Good luck.

Guest CROWN-ONE

You def wanna stay on the Beach. There is stuff going on all day and night. If you have to spend two hours commuting you will be hating life. It may seem more expensive but the experience of being right smack dab in the middle will make up for it.

Guest lub

True... I was probably thinking of the times when I was on speed able to drive long distances after a rave, which I don't do now.

I also remember last time (2 years ago) driving to the Beach from Ft. Laudy WAS a bit too much although it seemed pretty close on the map.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest abbie
rent a condo on the beach, go in with like 2-3 people, last year I had a great location (9th+Ocean) We got a great deal $1800 for 9 days, we only got it longer because my gf's from the UK were on vaca as well. Typically that's the best way to do it. Good luck.

Any links to this type of accommodation? I'll be making the trek over from Oz, so i have no idea about accommodation...

i was thinking hostels as i may be on my own, tho some friends have warned me away from them...any feedback??

Guest abbie
you can always 'bum it' and sleep on the beach and bathe in the ocean...

lol

hehehe...yeah maybe not. cheap is good....but not that cheap. i'd like to still have my personal possessions after visiting Miami...!!

so can anyone recommend budget accommodation? i have been looking at 3 hostels on the net: Jazz, Tropics & South Beach...any feedback on any of these?

Guest djjoncowan

if you want value book the shelborne.... 305 531 1271 - included in your hotel rate is VIP comp entrance to all poolside and shine events. confirmed artists include the first annal PACHA IBIZA day and night festival featuring everybody imaginable, Jonathan Peters, Satoshi Tomiie, Sander Kleinenberg, David Morales, Ben Watt, Danny Krivit, Axwell, Victor Calderone, Chaotica/vital talent, Hector Romero, Chus and ceballos, Vibe, Hector Romero, Frankie Knuckles, Jimpster, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Todd Terry, Jimpster, and many more TBA - remember, some door prices go way over $100 per person, with us your in for free just for staying at the shelborne beach resort - 1801 collins ave - 305 531 1271 - oh yeah - best part - it's only an elevator ride to the pool or club party of the Conference.... :shot::balloon:

Guest tijuanarave

^ ^ ^

He's trying to pitch you because he has a business interest with the Shelborne group. Honestly the Shelborne is overpriced and even if you plan to go to their events, it's not worth it.

Save some money by staying somewhere else, and just buy presales for whatever Shelborne party you want to go to.

Guest ChaaChaa

Hello mates.

This will be my first WMC...me & my friend go to Miami from Spain :)

We dont know Miami so we are looking for a cheap accomodation in South Beach.

Lookin throw the net I have found a studio in 5400 Collins Avenue,in front of the beach with pool,free valet parkin for 600 dollars from 22 to 29 of March.

So we think it is a good & cheap option but i would like to know your opinions.

Is this studio near WMC events? I mean clubs.

We will rent a car so we dont mind if u need to drive 10-15 minutes to any club of the city.

Thanks mates!! :)

Guest mbongiovi
Hello mates.

Lookin throw the net I have found a studio in 5400 Collins Avenue,in front of the beach with pool,free valet parkin for 600 dollars from 22 to 29 of March.

We will rent a car so we dont mind if u need to drive 10-15 minutes to any club of the city.

5400 is pretty north, you are looking at $15 - $20 cab ride evrytime you go to and leave the studio. That is a great price though, you definetly won't be walking to any of the events though. The studio you speak of is about 25 - 45 blocks from where most of the events are. The last couple of years I have stayed around 4000 colins because I had free accomidations, but this year I am sucking it to be in the mix and be able to just walk to eveything and go back and forth to my hotel whenever I need. I you stay up at 5400, you need to be prepared to saty out all day and night or you will be spending at least $50 a day going back and forth in a cab (at that is only going back once), you could try to take a bus, but that is a pain in South Beach. All of the action is between 2000 and 100 collins. Hope that helps.

Guest ChaaChaa
5400 is pretty north, you are looking at $15 - $20 cab ride evrytime you go to and leave the studio. That is a great price though, you definetly won't be walking to any of the events though. The studio you speak of is about 25 - 45 blocks from where most of the events are. The last couple of years I have stayed around 4000 colins because I had free accomidations, but this year I am sucking it to be in the mix and be able to just walk to eveything and go back and forth to my hotel whenever I need. I you stay up at 5400, you need to be prepared to saty out all day and night or you will be spending at least $50 a day going back and forth in a cab (at that is only going back once), you could try to take a bus, but that is a pain in South Beach. All of the action is between 2000 and 100 collins. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info,mbongiovi :)

I think we wont take cabs because we will rent a car.

Another question...can i park my car in the street without paying??

The studio has free parking but I mean when we will go to South Beach.

Is South Beach a zone where we need to pay for parking in the streets or we have to pay??

Anyway I try to find another studio between 2000 and 100 Collins avenue...but i think this zone will be expensive

Thanks for your help!!!

Guest mbongiovi

Is South Beach a zone where we need to pay for parking in the streets or we have to pay??

Anyway I try to find another studio between 2000 and 100 Collins avenue...but i think this zone will be expensive

Thanks for your help!!!

Yes, you pretty much have to pay for parking everywhere, and parking & driving in South Beach will be a nightmare because just about every hotel will be sold out and thousands of people will be there all day and all night. I hope one of you plans on staying sober as well if yuo plan on driving back and forth, because there will be a lot of bad traffic and the police will be out in force. And you are right, it will pretty much be impossible to find a rate as good as the one you found up at 5400.

Thanks for your help!!!

DO NOT RENT A CAR!!! you will not be able to drive or park anywhere! you will learn on day 1 that taxis & walking are the only way to move around. you should definitely find another hotel that is south of 20th st.

you can rent scooters...they're a lot more fun and easier to get around in. do not get a car, i can promise you that.

Guest jkfunkee
Hello mates.

DO IT!!!!!! plan ur parties before u rent the car, if u go downtown then the rental car will work.

if ur going into south beach only, the bus runs every 15 mintes until 12 or so, and then 3 times an hour from south beach going north. i have stayed at 5660 a few times, and the bus always worked out super nice. all buses stop on lincoln headed south from 5400, so it doesnt matter which one u catch. from lincoln u can walk to where u want to go. but downtown is where its at man, and bc of that i am staying near the airport. booked on hotwire for a super nice price....

Guest mbongiovi
DO IT!!!!!! plan ur parties before u rent the car, if u go downtown then the rental car will work.

if ur going into south beach only, the bus runs every 15 mintes until 12 or so, and then 3 times an hour from south beach going north. i have stayed at 5660 a few times, and the bus always worked out super nice. all buses stop on lincoln headed south from 5400, so it doesnt matter which one u catch. from lincoln u can walk to where u want to go. but downtown is where its at man, and bc of that i am staying near the airport. booked on hotwire for a super nice price....

Downtown is where it is at if you don't plan on doing any of the hotel day/pool parties which are a hell of a lot of fun.

Guest ChaaChaa

You have scared me with the car

Now we doubt what to do :cwm25:

We thought to rent a car because it would be the best way to move in Miami.

We prefer to stay at South Beach because we would like to go to pool & hotel parties at day;and go to Downtown at night.

And I have allways want to drive a Ford Mustang.....I love that car and I would enjoy driving it in Miami

May be now u thing I´m stupid (U´re right....I am :cwm32:)

I have seen some companies to rent a Mustang convertible.

Apart from the parties we would like to know another things from Miami like beaches,restaurant and that outlet mall in Miami,that i have seen that is the biggest in the world :pimp2:

About the studio I think we are going to rent the one I told you at 5445 Collins.....its in front of the sea, free parking and cheap (that the most important) because only the fly from Madrid to Miami its about 1000 dollars per person. :der:

Thanks for you help mates...your comments are really useful

PD sorry about my english...its not as good as I would like

Guest mbongiovi
You have scared me with the car

Now we doubt what to do :cwm25:

We thought to rent a car because it would be the best way to move in Miami.

We prefer to stay at South Beach because we would like to go to pool & hotel parties at day;and go to Downtown at night.

And I have allways want to drive a Ford Mustang.....I love that car and I would enjoy driving it in Miami

May be now u thing I´m stupid (U´re right....I am :cwm32:)

I have seen some companies to rent a Mustang convertible.

Apart from the parties we would like to know another things from Miami like beaches,restaurant and that outlet mall in Miami,that i have seen that is the biggest in the world :pimp2:

About the studio I think we are going to rent the one I told you at 5445 Collins.....its in front of the sea, free parking and cheap (that the most important) because only the fly from Madrid to Miami its about 1000 dollars per person. :der:

Thanks for you help mates...your comments are really useful

PD sorry about my english...its not as good as I would like

Yea, you can't beat the price you guys are getting on the studio, but it will be a nightmare to try to drive in south beach.

The best beaches are actually down on south beach as well, that is where all the beautiful people will be. Up by where you are staying are a lot of condos, not too many hotels, and a lot of old people/residents. So pool & beach will be kinda boring. I would definitely come down to Sobe for that.

If you plan on going to malls and doing other things in Miami, you should definitely rent a car. Mass trasit sucks in Miami and everything is pretty spread-out.

Personally, I hate mustangs, but it will be cool to have a convertible, good time of year for a convertible, I have one my self and love it (a convertible, not a mustang). You can use the car for going down town and doing what ever non-south beach things you plan on doing, and then just take the bus or cabs when you want to go to south beach.

The other thing to watch out for if you plan on driving downtown, don't be driving around downtown around 12:00 (midnight), when the ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL lets out on Friday night or Saturday night. That will be a nightmare as well. And just be careful driving back and forth from down town to the beach, there are sometimes police checkpoints, looking for intoxicated drivers, on the causeways that lead back and forth from the beach.

Owe yea, there are two really big outlet type malls in the area, one in Miami called the Dolphin Mall and another, the more famous one you probably heard of in Sunrise (just north of miami) called Sawgrass Mills. Both are probably less than a 30 min drive from your accommodations.

Guest mbongiovi

Yea, I hear yea, my wife and I and four of our friends flew to Spain/Ibiza two years ago and the flights were around $1,100.

Guest djjoncowan
^ ^ ^

He's trying to pitch you because he has a business interest with the Shelborne group. Honestly the Shelborne is overpriced and even if you plan to go to their events, it's not worth it.

Save some money by staying somewhere else, and just buy presales for whatever Shelborne party you want to go to.

actually i own the shelborne hotel.... overpriced though? 4 pool parties (door price ranging from 40-75 per day) and 7 shine parties (20-50 dollars per night) all included in our hotel price and you can't see the value in it?? ok then