Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Battles....

Guest djway830

Should CJ bring back tha DJ Battle Competion?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should CJ bring back tha DJ Battle Competion?

• yes
    • no

Guest djway830

I luv all of the generalizations. This site is finally interesting to read. Keep it coming folks!!! LOL

This "battle" is NOT going to happen. Let's face it, I don't see anyone taking an initiative to make it this (competition) happen. Plus, it would NEVER be a real "battle"....this was just my way of making a joke. Have any dj's out there ever seen a "battle" of minimal/techno??? NO WAY and U NEVER WILL!!!! Mixing is one thing.....I'd luv 2 watch someone try scratch over a minimal/tech break down and create a NEW sound. I just don't see anyone in Miami moving in this direction....yet.....If only Q-Bert, Craze, Spooky, Shadow, Cut Chemist, Babu, Mix Master Mike (the list goes on) could read this thread!

(I can't believe this made it into 8 pages....lmfao)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djjoncowan
Kevin, no worries bro.... (I revoke my statement, slightly) I was thinking in terms of a "modern" version adjustable pitch CD player. Pioneer released the CDJ 1000 in 2001, it is generally accepted as the first CD player that can accurately emulate a vinyl turntable. I'm curious if many dj's bothered with the dual deck style before then. My guess isn't many---especially in a club setting. Anyone care to add????

actually we had the denon dual deck at groovejet in the 90's... as well as the pioneer 100 which with exception of the effects options and loops and what not plays exactly like the cdj 1000 - i still have one at home today and there is no difference. as for vinyl, I have never nor will I ever play a 100% cd set - vinyl is warmer, sound real, and lets you feel more in touch with the music... who ever also said that the US switched to vinyl because we couldn't get the same music as in europe is an idiot - if you knew where to go or what record pool to join we were just as ahead of the times as anyone..... and if it wasn't pressed we'd cut an accitate.... miss those things.. LOL

Guest MichaelMnML
Ha ha ha! See I told you...hate mail.

I haven't left Ft. Myers? ha ha

You may want to check where I've been in the last 12 years and where I'm going this year :)

Dude, can you not take a joke? I mean, you're the type that gives minimal a reputation as people who think they are god's gift to music and that there is only one type of music worthy of listening.

Have a drink and a smoke and lay down the speed for just a moment.

you took the bait mickey, ur so easy sometimes...minimal is not gods gift to anything, although the approach to production most often times is brilliant...but im not propounding anything to anyone...i just want guys like you to not mess with it...

leave it to the losers in the library and let us do our speed without hearing shit from guys like you, (see xanax dream by mickey mouse)...

ill be into whatever is upfront, so i could care less if it dies tomorrow, i almost welcome it, especially seeing that you know what it is now :-):-):-)

and yea, we were never serious about this battle, as even you came out of the sticks in fort myers to get in on the action...we would have to have to battle in a roadside bathroom instead of a library

good day sir... :-P

this thread had some good info for the noobs out there about sound quality until mickey decided to make the argument completely irrelevant, (but still fun for me)

Guest HUGH
A minimal techno dj battle?......

You could have it at the library. Just a suggestion.

Bro, I don't like the Opera or the Ballet but I recognize them as a superior forms of art.I realize that not everyone can digest and process the intricate web of sounds and effects that M_ is comprised of,that's why they stick with the cheese but come'on dude,its 2008 time to move on.

Guest MichaelMnML

and i know you done some shit and had a bit of success...

i rip on you because if find you destructive to your own relevance...ive seen you talk shit every now and then out of the blue...and your stage name also inspires my onslaught)

its one thing for a meaningless 21 yr old like me to talk shit, i dont own a label and i am not trying to be a star, but youve been around and been successful...

so i find it disturbing to see someone act uninformed and arrogant when they should be professional...

Guest HUGH

Dude,That guy was begging for a Gig the other day because some show got cancelled and he had already bought the Greyhound ticket to Miami.

Guest nightrain music

You minimal guys really need to lighten up. All I did was make a cute little joke and it just ruined your mnml day.

:)

And yeah Hugh, I was really begginf for a gig bro...where did you end up playing? I played that night and have the video to support it. Do you? Where are you playing this year Hugh? Where have you played? Exactly.

Guest MichaelMnML

its wankster djs like mickey mouse that wonder why noone came to his wmc party last year...ill be sure to sleep through your sidewalk label showcase this year maricon...

and by the way u seem really stupid when u compare bookings with an informed partygoer/non-dj, like hugh.....he could have played amore 08 in italy on the 31st with the tracks he has you imbecile

Guest nightrain music

Now see mnml anml mchl,

When you call someone an imbecile who never did anything wrong to you, when you don't know their level of intelligence then YOU look like a self conscious idiot who really has side issues. Name calling really shows your age as well. And Hugh could have played at Amore but I thought you said he was a "non-dj". That's a bit of a contradiction.

And Michael,

Minimal doesn't need you to stand up for it if it's such a solid music style so ease up there killa. :)

Guest djway830
actually we had the denon dual deck at groovejet in the 90's...

Jon, it's good to know music history. Thanks 4 responding! ;)

Guest djway830
dj way likes ballet

TRUE!!! LOL I love the dancers (not gonna lie) and the music is way more fun than Opera (IMO) b/c of the 'dance' feel. I highly recommend everyone on here to check out our local talented Miami City Ballet (Def 1 of the top 5 ballet companies in the United States)

Guest djway830

I Didn't Want 2 Create So Much Bs From This Thread!!!! Imo There Is Too Much Hating Here. Give It Up People. Give It Up. Get Back To The Task @ Hand.....competition (not Battle)???? Yes/no, What Is It??

Guest Mr. Negativity
I Didn't Want 2 Create So Much Bs From This Thread!!!! Imo There Is Too Much Hating Here. Give It Up People. Give It Up. Get Back To The Task @ Hand.....competition (not Battle)???? Yes/no, What Is It??

It's a battle of wits.

Nitwits.

Guest djway830

Mr. Negativity-

You are Positively without question my favorite poster on this ridiculous site. Thanks 4 keeping things in perspective. Cheers mate.

-Way

Guest Mimi82

I know you said that there would not be a battle, but with so many responses, why the hell not? Ok, let's see if anyone wants to get this thing going. We have several DJ's that want in, let's pick a date, time, whatever...

Guest djway830
Will it be in oil?

LOL. Funny times on tha DJ "BATTLE" board, however a "battle" will never happen! Sorry. ;) Now let's get back to making music, presenting music, and showing luv 4 EDM in general.....All this "battle" talk makes me puke in my mouth! Seriously. Grudges should be put aside now. Let's collectively move forward in a positive direction by showing luv for all in our small community.

Much respect

-Way

Guest MichaelMnML
Cristina says she will battle MiMi for a pair of shoes...what do you say :shot:

'twas a joke monsieur Way...Mimi knows Cristina would smoke her in a psychedelic/hardcore-downtempo battle....

I was kidding my friend... :balloon::balloon::balloon:

Guest Philip

Interview with Nicolas Matar (Cielo NY Owner)

http://www.bouncefm.com/profiles/club-cielo-the-bouncefm-interview

WHAT ARE THE IMPLICATIONS OF THE MP3 SOUND TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SOUND IN DANCE VENUES SUCH AS CIELO?

I think MP3 has been very revolutionary. I’m a vinyl enthusiast and collector of vinyl for over 20 years. Nowadays, I’m not going to the record store anymore and I’m downloading all my music online, MP3 format, as long as its 320bps quality, even on Cielo’s sound system, it sounds perfect. We’ve done some testing with engineers on Cielo’s sound system between MP3 at 320 and Wave and the engineers couldn’t tell the difference. I’m a big fan and believer in the highest quality of mp3, nothing lower.