Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is this true? birth control...

echostar

so my girlfriend recently got birth control (Ortho Tri-Cyclen). so me being the typical guy that i am say "woo hoo no more condoms!" but then her mom said that she got pregnant with all 4 of her kids while she was on the pill...is that true or was she trying to scare her?

------------------

01200110.jpg

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

its very very possible...so be careful

------------------

I am who I am

What else could I be,

And I'll stand where I stand

I chose to be me,

When you look in my eyes

You get what you see,

Understand if you can

That I am, who I am, who I am....

but 4 kids? i thought that was a little much, but oh well.....

------------------

01200110.jpg

transcend

OK here are the stats...

WHAT DOES THE PILL DO?

The pill prevents pregnancy in a number of ways) but basically it prevents ovulation (release of the egg from the ovary) by maintaining a steady level of hormones at mid-cycle. Without an egg, fertilization, and therefore, pregnancy cannot occur. The pill, when taken properly and consistently, has an effectiveness rate of approximately 99.6%, meaning that less than one woman in one hundred becomes pregnant while using the pill in the course of one year.

It is possible to become pregnant while on the Pill, especially if you miss a dosage or more. While taking the pill it is imperative that you take your pill everyday at the same time for it to be most effective.

As far as your girlfriends mother is concerned, my bet would be that she wasn't taking the pills properly or she is lying. Of course, I dont know what the stats are on birthcontrol some 15 or so years ago.

Best advise, use condoms anyway, or atleast some other form of bc, like a spermicide, a vaginal insert or condoms.

And remember, the pill does NOT prevent STD's like HIV.

Good Luck

------------------

tinkerbell.gif

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Just make sure she takes it at the exact same time everyday. A lot of people say that it isn't important, but it is. Also, if her body adapts well to the hormones, she might give the depo shot a try. You only have to get that every three months and you stop having your period while you are on the shot. Statistically there is no possible way that the mother got pregnant four times while on the pill, unless she stayed on the same pill and the progesterin dosage was too low for her.

------------------

siren.jpg

"No further evidence is needed to show that "mental illness" is not the name of a biological

condition whose nature awaits to be elucidated, but is the name of a concept whose purpose is

to obscure the obvious."

i heard of too many side effects from that shot...we were thinking about it though

------------------

01200110.jpg

transcend

True... the pill has gone through many stages of evolution since it first hit the market.

Nothing's 100% effective, but as long as your girl takes them everyday at the same time they're pretty damn efficient. Especially after she's been taking them for a while. Sometimes even when a woman goes off the pill and is trying to get pregnant it can take a while before she starts ovulating normally again.

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

I have been on the pill (triphasil) for a long time and I have never gotten Pregnant!

I make sure I dont miss a pill and if I do I take it as soon as I remember!

But like everyone else said nothing is 100%

GG

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net

Glowgirl,

I'm also on Triphasil-28, its been 3 years now.

Originally posted by glowgirl:

I have been on the pill (triphasil) for a long time and I have never gotten Pregnant!

I make sure I dont miss a pill and if I do I take it as soon as I remember!

But like everyone else said nothing is 100%

GG

Originally posted by trancend:

so my girlfriend recently got birth control (Ortho Tri-Cyclen). so me being the typical guy that i am say "woo hoo no more condoms!" but then her mom said that she got pregnant with all 4 of her kids while she was on the pill...is that true or was she trying to scare her?

My doctor once told me that the pill does not fail women, women fail the pill. He had never seen anyone get pregnant when they took the pill correctly. I have been on the pill for about ten years and I have never gotten pregnant....

However as someone posted earlier, the pill does not prevent STD, you certainly do not want to catch something that you can not cure.

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.