Clubplanet Nightlife Community

as requested.. official 2nd meet-up thread Richie Hawtin

back2basics-

So it's May 12th, i will be there with some freinds. So we should get it sorted again, this time see if some people will come to the pre-club meet-up wink.gif

So sugestions on where to eat (or drink) etc etc etc.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Another meet up sounds cool... I know this cozy place on Lawrence, just west of the Aragon. It's a dimly lit "old man's bar" with leather booths. Some friends and I had a few drinks there before the Oakenfold show. Anyone else have any other places in mind???

------------------

Martini-01.gif

Hey BTW, i am unfortunatly looking for elements for the meet-up anybody help out PM me.

Well unless anybody has any better ideas why don't we meet-up at the place bartender says?

Gravity are you comnig to the meet-up or are you just a mupet wink.gif

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

I think I would like a place that is like TGI Fridays or something, lit up, not to loud. etc... Somewhere we can drink, talk, and get to know eachother. Like the other place.

------------------

0b32d3c0.gif Life is only complicated because you make it so. Remember what it was like to live carefree - and live that way again!

Originally posted by kimberlyco:

I think I would like a place that is like TGI Fridays or something, lit up, not to loud. etc... Somewhere we can drink, talk, and get to know eachother. Like the other place.

Sounds good to me... but most things do wink.gif

My criteria

1) a bar.

Thats it smile.gif

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Hey BTW, i am unfortunatly looking for elements for the meet-up anybody help out PM me.

I recently stocked up on supplies during a sale.. However I cannot guarantee what my inventory will be in two weeks... if anybody needs anything, e-mail me so I can set some aside for the meet-up.

If you're going to Dave Ralph this weekend and want to meet-up beforehand e-mail me..

I'm doing the alcoholic drunk thing on saturday. (dont worry, i'm a happy drunk). have to recharge the brain's happy cells.

I vote for this "old man's bar" unless something better comes up.

You're not going to find a TGIF in that area...BUT i think a possible candidate restaurant might have opened about three blocks south (on broadway north of montrose) called frankie j's on broadway...

don't know $, booze situation (but if its BYOB there's all kinds of liquor stores around there)..

i have to go by there this weekend so I'll swing by if there's any interest.

------------------

"What else do you do there except lie - lie to yourself and others, lie about everything you recognize in your heart to be true? You're obliged to pretend respect for people and institutions you think absurd. You live attached in a cowardly fashion to moral and social conventions you despise, condemn, and know lack all foundation. It is that permanent contradiction between your ideas and desires and all the dead formalities and vain pretenses of your civilization which makes you sad, troubled and unbalanced. In that intolerable conflict you lose all joy of life and all feeling of personality, because at every moment they suppress and restrain and check the free play of your powers. That's the poisoned and mortal wound of the civilized world."--Octave Mirbeau

sa1300.jpg

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

I go places,I interact...

(What places?)

Certain, clubs. Like, Paradise. It's not bad.

It's just that feeling when you can take your shirt off and really dance. When the music owns you. Do you understand?

So I guess the "old mans bar" is where it's at! I do not know the exact address, but it is a half block west of the Aragon. It's on the northside of the street. Between Brodway and the Redline. There is a vertical sign announcing it's whereabouts, so it's easy to see from the street or sidewalk. (I think it's called Tony's???)You'll know when you're at the right place because on the right is a cash-n-carry and to the left is the bar.

As far as parking is concerned, I do not think that there are any parking structures, but there are pay lots there.

Anyone want to come up with a time???

------------------

Martini-01.gif

Originally posted by scratchapella:

So I assume your ulcer's all better now?

cwm1.gif

yup i am working on a new one.

Ok somebody bring redbulls i will sort the champagne out... oh we need to check if this place will allow a corkage to be charged.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Oh yum!!! I liked those red bull and champagnes!!! Ok, we need a place where we know the name and address cause I don't know about you men, but women are direction illiterate and we need exacts!! wink.gif We got two weeks to get it then.

Time? around 8 again? What time is the concert at?

Tommy, I don't think your girlfriend would like that very much. (brat :P)

This is my favorite board but does it ALWAYS have problems! geese

Oh yum!!! I liked those red bull and champagnes!!! Ok, we need a place where we know the name and address cause I don't know about you men, but women are direction illiterate and we need exacts!! wink.gif We got two weeks to get it then.

Time? around 8 again? What time is the concert at?

Tommy, I don't think your girlfriend would like that very much. (brat :P)

This is my favorite board but does it ALWAYS have problems! geese

Yes! I found out the exact name and address of the bar... It's Saxony Liquor and Lounge.

1136 W. Lawrence Ave. 8pm sounds alright. Below is a review of the place.

"...the careworn and scuffed Saxony Liquor and Lounge offers a dark, dive-like retreat from the Uptown commotion at Lawrence and Broadway. Much less threatening than at first glance, Saxony is also more low-key and less boisterous than other nearby taverns. Though there are barstools aplenty, the ample red leatherette booths are more accommodating. The super-cheap drinks are just a narrow aisle away. A jukebox at the far end carries rock ā€˜nā€™ roll classics and country standards. Just inside the door before the lounge begins, beer and bottles to go can be purchased from a takeout..."

For our North West subruban friends...

1: Take the I-90 E/N-W TOLLWAY ramp towards CHICAGO.

2: Merge onto NW TOLLWAY (Portions toll).

3: NW TOLLWAY becomes I-90 E.

4: Take the KEELER AVE exit, exit number 44A, towards IL-19/IRVING PARK RD.

5: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto W IRVING PARK RD.

6: Turn LEFT onto N ASHLAND AVE.

7: Turn RIGHT onto W LAWRENCE AVE.

8: Head east, will be on your left before the Aragon

-CB

P.S. Sorry bout this long-ace post!

------------------

Martini-01.gif

"Take the red pill and stay in wonderland and then you'll see how deep the rabit hole goes..." Morpheus