Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help needed

Ok so i worked out a way to throw a party. And a freind of mine has a band that are using some really cool modern teqniques to create a dance based two peice (drummer & guitarist) band. Some of the stuff he is doing is fantastic and we are going to throw a night with DJ's and the band.

So i need a venue, anbody know a good venue with a reasonable system in? I can add to the PA if needed.

Anybody got any info mail me at davids909@hotmail.com

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Do you have anything I could listen too? I could past it on the some peeps and have them keep ya in mind. All good parties like to have aleast 1 live PA on the lineups. It makes for an overall better time. DJs are great, but it alway cool to seem them using instruments and doing it live.

------------------

BirdJ.jpg

Originally posted by birdj:

Do you have anything I could listen too? I could past it on the some peeps and have them keep ya in mind. All good parties like to have aleast 1 live PA on the lineups. It makes for an overall better time. DJs are great, but it alway cool to seem them using instruments and doing it live.

Nah sorry you misunderstand, we are going to do this ourselves. I promoted parties in the UK and Brent (who is half the band) used to do the lights and effects for Cream in th UK.

It's going to be totally different to what you get in Chicago or America for that matter. We have a few tricks up our sleaves.

SO i need a 250(ish) Licenced space, and we are looking for a Breaks (espessially Nu-school breaks DJ and a deep base oriantated house and Techno DJ, somebody who can play across the board.

SO anybody know any DJ's again email me, we are looking to break tallent, not use established people.

davids909@hotmail.com

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Sounds great B2B. I hope you can make it happen. Since I heard Freeland, I have been feening for more Breaks.

Anyway I know some great House DJs in the city. NOne have really done more than a couple of small clubs here and there. I know you are not looking for House DJs, I am just putting it there for you.

You can check some of them out SAturday night w/ Wombat at my pad. If I don't hear more breaks in the city, I am seriously considering spinning my own. Either way I am amped for you.

------------------

BirdJ.jpg

Originally posted by birdj:

Sounds great B2B. I hope you can make it happen. Since I heard Freeland, I have been feening for more Breaks.

Anyway I know some great House DJs in the city. NOne have really done more than a couple of small clubs here and there. I know you are not looking for House DJs, I am just putting it there for you.

You can check some of them out SAturday night w/ Wombat at my pad. If I don't hear more breaks in the city, I am seriously considering spinning my own. Either way I am amped for you.

Cool, well we arn't rulling out House DJ's but i think it would have to be a little different. We we have a listen on Saturday, main thing is to keep if fresh and new. The scene is getting stagnent in Chi-town and Ny for that matter.

I am not saying we could even begin to stir it up, the main aim is to have fun and experiment. And get some 'real' people through the door.

Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday

------------------

b2b6.GIF

B2B, I have a friend that is a resident DJ in Germany that is looking for an excuse to come to Chicago, he wants to spin here. Maybe you could think about using him. He spins some pretty tight beats, breakbeat, downtempo, and techno, depending on what mood he is in, or so he says. Also this may sound cheesy, but you can rent out Aqua any night of the week or weekend, at fairly decent prices. Just a thought for you, but if you are interested in hearing my buddy spin let me know, I have one of his tapes at home, and he is sending me a CD sometime this week.

------B

------------------

jumpinradio_lg_wht.gif80s_rapper_whats_up_yo_lg_wht.gif

Originally posted by p-poppin:

B2B, I have a friend that is a resident DJ in Germany that is looking for an excuse to come to Chicago, he wants to spin here. Maybe you could think about using him. He spins some pretty tight beats, breakbeat, downtempo, and techno, depending on what mood he is in, or so he says. Also this may sound cheesy, but you can rent out Aqua any night of the week or weekend, at fairly decent prices. Just a thought for you, but if you are interested in hearing my buddy spin let me know, I have one of his tapes at home, and he is sending me a CD sometime this week.

------B

Yeh we will take a listen, basically anything GOOD. There won't be much pay for this, unless it does take off. But it's bloody good exposure.

Never been to Aqua, whats the space like? We want a pretty sparce place.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Aqua is a pretty big club. And they rent it out at pretty good prices. Send me an email at BrandonCE@hotmail.com and I will try to find a contact over there for you. I will also try to get you my friend's CD.

------------------

B2B, check out www.aquanightclub.com for information about renting out Aqua, it's a pretty big place, with a stage and everything. It might be worth it. As for my DJ friend from Germany, I will see if I can't dig up something for you to listen to. I have a tape, but the sound quality isn't really that good. And he is sending me a CD, but I don't have it yet. We can talk about it more at the meet up saturday.. you are going right?

------------------