Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new in town

chillin

Ok,

For your house needs :-

Mad Bar - They have top House DJ's Fridays and Saturdays.

Red Dog - Just across road from Mad Bar. Nice club, good system. Pretty pumping house. They have a good night on a Monday although it's a mixed club.

Cro Bar - they have various nights that are good. Check the Reader (free at most liquor stores) or New City (Free on most street corners) for who is playing.

Red No Five - PURE run nights at both the Cro Bar & Red No Five they put on some good Trance,techno & house nights.

Not too sure about your D&B but try to get to the Chicago Electronic music Fest on the first of July. It's run by www.boogietribe.com who run some of the biggest raves in Chicago. There are a number of Jungle/D&B DJ's and acts playing.

I don't know if you have herd Richie Hawtin but the man is a genius, he is well worth checking out at the smart bar, it's only a small venue but you don't get to hear him very often.

Anyway let me know if you need more info.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

top.gif

• 1 month later...

Welcome! I wanted to add budda lounge (thrus-sat) for house music, berlin on (tues-thrus), it's a gay club, but lots of fun, crobar on thrus, glow on sat after 1, crobar on sundays. smart bar on sat- they fly in dj's, my favorite is myles maeda (house) from cali. best night to go out is thrus.

No not the Budda lounge that Mark bloke who owns it does't have an clue. I have a VIP card if anybody wants it. But there are some nice ladies there!

Nice to see we are finaly getting some Chicago heads in though welcome everybody.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

It's not just about the notes played, it's about the spaces in-between.

top.gif

• 10 months later...

Mad Bar - They have top House DJ's Fridays and Saturdays

I'm pretty sure Mad Bar's still closed...But the ppl behind that are doing events at La Passage as M2o on thurs. (this is pretty pricey and caters to the fashion crowd but i think there's a break on cover if show before 12)

Fifth floor has good house most nights.

Metro--not a club but a great concert venue with the best drink prices in town has a lot of good house stuff coming up on various fridays.

Zentra is mainly house on Fridays.

Slick's lounge on Tuesdays. (generally have big names like derrick carter, etc)

I think at Betty's Blue Star longue on Thurs DJ Mel Hammond is the res. I saw him for the first time at the motionness evetn on the el and he played an insane set. I'm definitely going to be up for a pilgrimage out to Betty's (1600 W grand) on an upcoming thurs.

and lets not forget Frankie Knuckles at HOB on 7/3.

Originally posted by birdj:

Just wondering if Funky Budda Lounge found a clue over the past year. Has anyone been there lately? What nite? What was the music like? What was the crowd like?? Thx

Checking out the archives??? It's different seeing B2B with only 369 posts!

I was at Buddahs a few weeks ago. It's still see and be. People boppin, not dancing-no room. Music was just alright.

Cool sig BirdJ!

-CB

------------------

bartender_blinking_md_wht.gif

"There's always an ounce of pub wisdom in every drink that I serve."-CB

Originally posted by citybartender:

Checking out the archives??? It's different seeing B2B with only 369 posts!

I was at Buddahs a few weeks ago. It's still see and be. People boppin, not dancing-no room. Music was just alright.

Cool sig BirdJ!

-CB

Ha ha!! Shit yeh but it the old back2basics not back2basics- the old one fucked up i lost all my posts and couldn't get back on it..

cwm1.gif

Too much time on teh Chicago board.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Fiat, I would have to disagree with your recommendation of Zentra for Fridays. Zentra is mainly Hip Hop downstairs on Fridays and then you have Justin Long spinning upstairs, he actually spins some tight beats, but I wouldn't call it house, it sounds more Jungle or D&B to me. Check out Zentra on Saturdays though, you can hear house downstairs and also D&B/House upstairs, you can get in free by putting your name on the list, email zentranightclub@aol.com

-----B

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

Your best bet is to basically ask what's going on on that pacticular weekend!!! Let us know when you are comin out! We will show you where to go!

Welcome to the windy city!

------------------

0b32d3c0.gif Life is only complicated because you make it so. Remember what it was like to live carefree - and live that way again!

Originally posted by fiatmusica:

Fifth floor has good house most nights.

Zentra is mainly house on Fridays.

Slick's lounge on Tuesdays. (generally have big names like derrick carter, etc)

I think at Betty's Blue Star longue on Thurs DJ Mel Hammond is the res. I saw him for the first time at the motionness evetn on the el and he played an insane set. I'm definitely going to be up for a pilgrimage out to Betty's (1600 W grand) on an upcoming thurs.

and lets not forget Frankie Knuckles at HOB on 7/3.

Hey Fiat I found thse recommendations on the Plur board. What do you think?.....

Tuesday@Slick's - Derrick Carter's night - 'nuff said

Wednesday@Zentra - 3 Degrees night

Thursday@Le Passage - Jevon Jackson is the resident

Saturday@Lava Lounge - no cover and good house music

If you like dnb, The Seminar at Big Wig on Wednesday's has an off the hook vibe.

.......Since my Club rebirth, I am all about hitting up every place in this city. But the weekdays are kinda hard. So I would rather like to know what is going on before I go out w/ a blindfold on. How is La Passage's atmosphere? Any other comments...

I heard Slicks is really picking things up.

------------------

clubsig.gif

Originally posted by birdj:

Hey Fiat I found thse recommendations on the Plur board. What do you think?.....

Tuesday@Slick's - Derrick Carter's night - 'nuff said

Wednesday@Zentra - 3 Degrees night

Thursday@Le Passage - Jevon Jackson is the resident

Saturday@Lava Lounge - no cover and good house music

Actually I think DC only spins at slicks monthly (but he may hang out there on other tues). Slicks also has great food at great prices. (he also has a monthly at redno on wed). but tues is slick's night. same way mon is red dog..

3degress is at fuse(clark & chicago)...i can't remember if its a <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> deal or not (three degrees is reference to trying to cut six degrees of separation down to three)...you want to get there early b/c fuse isn't that big.

don't know bout lava lounge.

FM

P.S. Bird J: You going to Green Velvet and DC at the Metro on 6/1?

------------------

Disco-02.gif

Originally posted by tranceaction:

Fuse is no longer Fuse.. i forget what it is now..

3degrees moved to zentra

You're right...I sit corrected. I thought i had heard something about the name change, but didn't know 3d have moved (which must have happened relatively recently)

------------------

Disco-02.gif

Originally posted by chillin:

I just moved to chicago from new york and wanted to know the 411 on the club scene. where does everyone go? what is the best night to go out?

So does anyone know what happend to "Chillin". I hope he didn't run into a bad crowd and found himself dancin the night away at Excaliber or Alumni Club!

------------------

bartender_blinking_md_wht.gif

"There's always an ounce of pub wisdom in every drink that I serve."-CB