Clubplanet Nightlife Community

RedNoFive anniversary Party?? Meetup??

bouncyboy

Got this from www.urchicago.com sounds interesting.. especially the surprise guest DJ?? Wonder who the hell that could be.

B2B this is your favorite place.. I think I will be seeing you there.

PURE ANNIVERSARY PARTY

REDNOFIVE/5TH FLOOR

Saturday, June 30, 2001

WHERE: REDNOFIVE/5TH FLOOR, 440 N. Halsted in Chicago. Rednofive, known for its strong dedication to the club and music scene, has not only recently completely remodeled, they continue to improve the club. Since the remodeling the sound system underwent an additional upgrade, new lights were added, and more details put into place to further enhance your experience. The club is in prime form to host PURE's anniversary party this weekend ... and UR Magazine is excited to be co-hosting this event!

COVER: $5.00 if you are on our list, $20.00 if you are not on the list. The first 200 guests will receive special anniversary gift bags from PURE.

DRINKS: UR will be hosting a private cocktail reception from 9:30 p.m. till 11:30 p.m. in honor of PURE's Anniversary. Come celebrate early with PURE founders Charles Little and John Curley. And the party will be going strong till 5:00 a.m.

SOUNDS: While PURE is known for bringing some of the biggest DJ talent in the world to Chicago (including Paul Oakenfeld, Pete Tong, Digweed, & our upcoming BOY GEORGE show at CIRCUIT), this group was founded by some of the most talented DJ's in our City... and we will be showcasing PURE DJ's tonight, as well as a special unannounced appearance by an international DJ who has agreed to surprise the people of PURE with a set in celebration of their success!

From PURE... join founder DJ JOHN CURLEY (Shelter, Crobar, Karma, Transit...virtually every club in Chicago and throughout the world). CURLEY is known for making rooms move, and it is talent both as a DJ and his connections with other DJs throughout the country that has helped to make PURE the leading promoter for those serious about music in Chicago. DJ DAYHOTA is another DJ who has hit our city, our country, as well as clubs throughout the world with her hard house sound and dance floor moving style. DAYHOTA is not only a PURE resident and a member of SUPER JANE, but she is also one of my personal favorite DJs in Chicago and she has promised me that she will be moving the floor for the UR members in celebration of the PURE anniversary. Upstairs DJ FRIQUE & DJ MAJID will be showing off their style, as well. With two floors, a solid line-up and special guest appearances... this will be a night that you will not want to miss!

DRESS CODE: Dress code is in force but relaxed at REDNOFIVE/5TH FLOOR, where the music, dance, lights & sound are the priority!

Every party we have done at REDNOFIVE/5TH FLOOR has been an over the top success! I am confident that you will want to be a part of this night and guarantee you a good time!

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

AOL IM BouncyBy

two things:

1. this is the same time as the seb fonatine deal so you have to choose one or the other

2. i think the "suprise dj" is dave ralph...i guess he's swinging over after opening for seb..(its definitely not digweed b/c he's in detroit on the 30th...just ask trance..he's going)...someone on the pure board said kinetic's web site has ralph listed for r#5 on the 30th..

------------------

"He sought to know all things, but nothing did he learn"

-Gerard de Nerval

Disco-02.gif

Damn, I forgot about Seb Fontaine.... I am thinking that RedNo is a go still. I went there for the grand reopening party a while back and the place was going off. Not to mention how in the hell can you turn down a 9:30-11:30 open bar??? You can't. Maybe RedNo first and then Seb Fontaine after???

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

AOL IM BouncyBy

Well i am definatly off to RedNo5, not a huge fan of Seb although i havn't herd him play his new progressive sound.

But i just like Club Birthdays, they tend to be pretty good.

What's everybody else doing?

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by wombat:

Have a great weekend everybody. I'll be on the east coast getting my fix of salt water.

Mekka tour line-up looks fucking dope

I will be seeing you tommorow, for the twiddling of some knobs.

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by bouncyboy:

I'll be at RedNo,

B2B, you want to meetup before hand to get some drinks?? If so where and what time?

Though you would never ask wink.gif Yeh i am in I think Marcels off on his travels, surfing wombat?

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

surfing wombat?

Hopefully, if the weather is bad. If not we'll some wakeboarding in. I don't care, I just can't to float in the water, and hang out w/ my boyz.

------------------

wombat3.gif

I will be seeing you tommorow, for the twiddling of some knobs.

HOLD ON

first the parade props, now secret rendezvous for twiddling of some knobs -

you two are some sick puppies, man.

cwm3.gifcwm4.gifcwm3.gifcwm4.gifcwm3.gif

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

may the best day of your past be the worst day of your future - chinese proverb

Though you would never ask wink.gif Yeh i am in I think Marcels off on his travels, surfing wombat?

B2B, what did you have in mind?? I know almost everyone else is going to Dave Ralph, I think Kim said she might come to RedNo, that isn't for sure yet. And I think my roommate will be going to. Where can we meetup? I say we try somewhere new? Somewhere with some good food and spirits if you know what I mean?

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

AOL IM BouncyBy

Peeps what can i say, do hous music come from gay culture OR did gay culture come ffrom house music... after some throbing beats and some knob twiddling i will let ya know.

dislaimer - only 303 and or isolator knobs will be twiddled.

BB, not sure i was maybe thinking of that Cobalt bar in Wicker. But i am not sure when it's opening night is. They were laying down some nice beats last time and the place was pretty chill. Know any other places?

I am T Total this week so i will be well up for it.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

B2B, haven't heard anything about that cobalt place? As for anywhere else? Doesn't really matter to me. Some kind of lounge that plays some sweet beats while we eat and drink is cool with me. I guess we still have a few days to figure it out.

Anyone else have any Ideas??

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

AOL IM BouncyBy

It isn't 100% confirmed yet but it looks like ill be hanging at Metro on the 30th for the Seb/Ralph show. Part of the group I would be going with still hasn't committed to it so you never know where we might end up. There all looking forward to Dave so they might take a chance on R#5 if it looks like he's gonna be there. a friend from NY says Sebs sound is kicking now. much better then before.

Peace and stuff, Chaos.

------------------

So it moved on, and i moved on behind.

Originally posted by bouncyboy:

B2B, haven't heard anything about that cobalt place? As for anywhere else? Doesn't really matter to me. Some kind of lounge that plays some sweet beats while we eat and drink is cool with me. I guess we still have a few days to figure it out.

Anyone else have any Ideas??

I posted some stuff down the page about it, i will have a think where does nice food as well.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

have to make sure I party on a full stomach, especially at RedNo, I plan on getting pretty messed up that night. I am do for a good completely mind wasting evening. Brain cells? If you can hear me? I am going to miss you. Ugh, have to drive Bmitch to the airport on sunday though, his punk ass is off to Ibiza already... Have fun Bmitch.. We want pictures/videos........

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

AOL IM BouncyBy

My plans for Digweed got cancelled, too many conflicts..

I'll be at the RedNo5 Thursday & Saturday... the open bar is hard to pass up.

I heard Seb Fontaine earlier this year at RedNo5 and while it was good, it was nothing spectacular. Dave Ralph was disappointing the last two times I saw him, so I dont feel like shelling out $25 or so for the Metro show.

Whelp, as usual the whole weekend changed. Now I'm going up to Milwaukee to see a new club that opened on Friday night and then everyone I was supposed to meet-up with for Ralph has bailed in favor of an underground in Milwaukee Saturday. Might be at R#5 after all.

------------------

So it moved on, and i moved on behind.

Chaos, hopefully you can make it out. I don't think any of the people on this board have met you yet, and let me tell you that I have met some of the coolest people through this board... hope to see you out... maybe meet up with me and B2B before RedNo if your interested???

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

AOL IM BouncyBy

Yeh Chaos get yourself out, we don't bite (often). You may end up pissed though.

SO BB hmmmmmm we still need a meet-up place. What kinda food you like? It's the food and the beats together that's the hard part.

There is this place

http://www.metromix.com/top/1,1419,M-Metromix-Bars-!PlaceDetail-21169,00.html

------------------

b2b6.GIF

B2B, I love Le Passage, the menu is pretty pricey.. We can head over there still. There is nothing like eating and slammin a few drinks while jammin to some acid jazz. We can head over there if you like. I have never eaten there, Just looked at the dinner menu. Your call if your up for checking it out.

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

AOL IM BouncyBy