Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the best club in the world!!!!!!!

the best club in the worl is EXIT on Saterday. you might ask yourself why? well let me just tell you, the first time i ever went there i walked in and it was like i was transported to "HAPPY WORLD" the people were so cool and the music was great. the best part about the club is the set up. if you want to dance with everyone and their brother you can go dance on the main dance floor but if you just want to chill out there are many other different rooms that you can go explor. the cool thing is there are like 4 different bathrooms that i found so you don't really have to wait to take a pee. another thing that blows my mind is when things fall down from the ceiling. when you are all messed up it is the coolest thing to see.

------------------

Originally posted by maverick33:

WHO DJ'S AT EXIT ON SATURDAYS? SOME PEOPLE TOLD ME JOHNNY VICIOUS, BUT I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S HERESAY OR NOT. IS IT REALLY PACKED ON SATURDAYS? IS THE MUSIC BETTER THAN SOUND FACTORY?

Jonathan Peters is definately better. Sound Factory is the place to be on Saturday nights

------------------

BTW THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD IS EITHER IN IBIZA OR ENGLAND. I GUARANTEE IT CAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER DJ'S OVER THERE. ALL THE MUSIC INNOVATION IS FROM THERE. TRANCE BASICALLY STARTED IN IBIZA...OUR NY CLUBS PROBABLY CAN'T COMPARE.

Guest clubkid77

UHHH Trance definatly DID NOT START in ibiza

your ignorant if you think trance was invented 3 years ago by the british/ibiza scean/dj's The german techno sound has always been trance going back to the 80 go look up u96. Anyone here remember "Das Boot"?

BTW THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD IS EITHER IN IBIZA OR ENGLAND. I GUARANTEE IT CAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER DJ'S OVER THERE. ALL THE MUSIC INNOVATION IS FROM THERE. TRANCE BASICALLY STARTED IN IBIZA...OUR NY CLUBS PROBABLY CAN'T COMPARE.

------------------

OK guys and girls,

The best club doesn't exist, because everybody has a different goal in clubbing.

you can devide the clubs as following:

1. Clubs where you can smoke a joint without any problem (nobody kicks you out).

2. Clubs where you can drink liquor without being asked how old you are.

3. Clubs for extravagant people, a lot of clubbers like to watch and/ or being seen in extravegant clothes (like : rubber/ latex/ plastic/ erotic/ etc.).

5. Clubs where the music is NR.1, the best DJ's rule here.

6. Clubs with a lot of good looking girls.

7. Clubs with a lot of good looking boys.

8. Clubs with a good party-crowd/ good door policy.

9. Clubs with good decor/ lightshows.

10. did I forgot one ?

If you know a club that has all of the above,

please let me know.....if not, you can always visit clubs and parties in The Netherlands.

------------------

The best club in the world certainly isn't in NYC, you'll be surprised to know that NY sort of lacks in the nightlife dept. Especially after the Rudy changed the rules a bit.

My vote for best club is either Space or Pacha in Ibiza. The vibe is fab, people are beautiful, and music is ace.

Take a trip to Ibiza. You'll see what I am talking about.

smile.gif

------------------

I've only clubbed extensively in London and New York, but I have to say that EXIT is easily the most beautiful club I've been to, has KICKASS progressive house on Saturdays (Denny Tsetos and Eddie Baez are the DJs), and has snowmaking machines on the ceiling to blow snow flurries on the dancefloor. I LOVE THIS CLUB!!!! I agree that there is no BEST club, but goddam I sure do love this place.

In Perfect-Melissa-World a Saturday night in NYC will always be EXIT followed by Sound Factory.

Blue skies,

Melissa

------------------

Next winter, take a trip down to Miami for Winter Music Festival. The atmosphere for partying among all the industry people, mixed with all the wonderful clubs they have in South Beach (and now the downtown Miami area- Space)will surprise you. It may only be seasonal, but Miami has a great club scene, and clubs like Level, Space and Crobar can make New York clubs look very commercial. There's also a bunch of gerat new lounges springing up, in the spirit of New York, but the atmosphere is so much more friendly.

Thanks for the time.

------------------

DO U THINK IBIZA JUST MAGICALLY APPEARED 3 YEARS AGO? IT HAS ALWAYS HAD AMAZING MUSIC, GOING BACK TO EVEN THE 70'S.

Originally posted by clubkid77:

your ignorant if you think trance was invented 3 years ago by the british/ibiza scean/dj's The german techno sound has always been trance going back to the 80 go look up u96. Anyone here remember "Das Boot"?

Guest clubkid77

I didnt say it magicaly apeared there but they werent clubkids and trance @ ibiza in the 70's is was a big hippy hang out. It was the hippy comune vacation resort type place. It didnt become "club mecca" untill the 90's and largely due to the british club culture puttin money and party's there. Go do some research... you dont really have a clue...

DO U THINK IBIZA JUST MAGICALLY APPEARED 3 YEARS AGO? IT HAS ALWAYS HAD AMAZING MUSIC, GOING BACK TO EVEN THE 70'S.

------------------

Guest clubkid77

Actualy let me be more specific, the hippy peep's did listen to music that might be sort of the aucustic great grandfather of trance... if you could pucture "space" and "drums" at a dead show thats what you got goin on, if you know what GOA trance is you would know there are 2 main types, modern electro goa and the more or less aucoustic goa but i dont exactly concider that trance... and GOA certainly isnt an IBIZA thing it comes from and is named after GOA a which is a part of india. So even if you condidered acoustic hippyish GOA the origional trance it still isn't from ibiza. As i see it trance didn't realy come about till you got 2 main ingredients the Roland TB 303 and the 808, and most of what is trance gets its roots from German techno circa the late 80's but many of you think its some british/ibiza thing and that jsut aint so.

I didnt say it magicaly apeared there but they werent clubkids and trance @ ibiza in the 70's is was a big hippy hang out. It was the hippy comune vacation resort type place. It didnt become "club mecca" untill the 90's and largely due to the british club culture puttin money and party's there. Go do some research... you dont really have a clue...

------------------

Nope! The best club in the world is Vinyl on Sundays when Body n Soul happens. Exit is a cool spot to chill but not for the music lovers. See you guys Sunday!

Nestor

Originally posted by heather feather:

the best club in the worl is EXIT on Saterday. you might ask yourself why? well let me just tell you, the first time i ever went there i walked in and it was like i was transported to "HAPPY WORLD" the people were so cool and the music was great. the best part about the club is the set up. if you want to dance with everyone and their brother you can go dance on the main dance floor but if you just want to chill out there are many other different rooms that you can go explor. the cool thing is there are like 4 different bathrooms that i found so you don't really have to wait to take a pee. another thing that blows my mind is when things fall down from the ceiling. when you are all messed up it is the coolest thing to see.

------------------

Trance started from Techno and Techno started in Detroit. Get your facts straight. The Euro stuff is just a watered down imitation.

Peace

------------------

What the British started in the early 90s they call progressive house, which most non-Brits refer to as trance, which is the distinctly British form of trance. The pioneers were people like Darren Emerson, Justin Robertson, and yes, Sasha and Digweed. They were the first to play it at a superclub and get attention, which Renaissance. Actually Sasha had already made a big name for himself playing light house music (I have a 10-yr old mix of his in which he was playing a Whitney Houston track on top of another track, and believe it or not it sounds good) but no one knew who Digweed was at the time. He was Sasha's opening DJ. But the lion's share of what they and most of the British "trance" DJs play is the same "progressive house." Oakenfold plays more trance.

But yes trance was originally pioneered by Germans including Oliver Lieb.

JohnB

------------------

You know what i think? i think twilo fridays and saturdays are the best in NY. Twilo got the sickest line ups and nobody can deny that twilo has this great atmosphere. the people in their are more into the music than in some clubs. the floor shakes when the base kicks, and your body moves with the beautiful, powerful, and masterful music. i think that from all the clubs that i've gone, which is nearly all of them, twilo has the best music and atmosphere together.....

Originally posted by heather feather:

------------------

HEY djone2one,

Where in the netherlands??? We couldn't find any clubs. They told me that the good one burned down. We went to a place called escape, at least I think that's the name, it was ok.

------------------

HEY djone2one,

Where in the netherlands??? We couldn't find any clubs. They told me that the good one burned down. We went to a place called escape, at least I think that's the name, it was ok.

------------------

If you send me an email, I will tell U some wicked places and addresses, where U can go to in The Netherlands and Belgium.

Please tell what you find important in a club.

(DJ's/music/drugs/lights/atmosphere/etc.)

U can party non stop from friday till monday.

If you have only been to the Escape venue, than you haven't seen anything of the UNDERGROUND scene yet !

Originally posted by nancy625:

HEY djone2one,

L8R,

DJ one2one

------------------

Originally posted by nancy625:

HEY djone2one,

The club that burned down was called ROXY,

It's funny that you did not mention the club called "iT", only 1 min. walk from the escape.

You can email me at one2one@cybercomm.nl, or see my homepage at http://www.cybercomm.nl

L8R,

DJ one2one (Frans)

------------------

No shit, all the real shit comes from Europe, not just music....fashion, cars, trends, everything. I went to Italy in the summer of '99 and the music I heard there didn't come out here for months, some shit is still being released.

The original BOLTS

------------------