Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the best club in the world!!!!!!!

Trance did not start in Ibiza, in Europe it could be argued that Germany brought Trance/Techno into the light, like the UK is many times credited with bringing garage (vocal house). As for the US house and techno/trance go back to chicago and detroit. As for the best clubs in the world....it's all a matter of opinion, but Sat. at Twilo.....Junior has definately lost his edge. You can't honestly say that he pumps tracks and mixes amazing sets like he used to.....it seems like he doesn't care anymore. Sound Factory Sat.........not like it used to be. A year ago the Sound Factory was the best place, but then Jonathan started playing his 30 minute "My Love Is Your Love" shit. Again, it's not like it used to be. As for Exit, I think people are just in awe of the size of the place. Not too many supeclubs like that in the US. I must say that these days Vinyl is the place. Danny Tenaglia rocks the fucking house like he used to at the Tunnel (when he first started doing....was it D-Tour). He has been untouchable as of late. That's just my opinion. The "trendy" clubbers who just got into the scene mostly go where the flavor of the month is. Seek out the best DJ's and the best music. The best DJ's and the best music, along with one of the best sound systems.....TWILO. Van Dyk, Sasha and Digweed, Carl Cox, among other greats run the show on Fridays. Not a better place in the world to see top DJ talent.

------------------

Trance did not start in Ibiza, in Europe it could be argued that Germany brought Trance/Techno into the light, like the UK is many times credited with bringing garage (vocal house). As for the US house and techno/trance go back to chicago and detroit. As for the best clubs in the world....it's all a matter of opinion, but Sat. at Twilo.....Junior has definately lost his edge. You can't honestly say that he pumps tracks and mixes amazing sets like he used to.....it seems like he doesn't care anymore. Sound Factory Sat.........not like it used to be. A year ago the Sound Factory was the best place, but then Jonathan started playing his 30 minute "My Love Is Your Love" shit. Again, it's not like it used to be. As for Exit, I think people are just in awe of the size of the place. Not too many supeclubs like that in the US. I must say that these days Vinyl is the place. Danny Tenaglia rocks the fucking house like he used to at the Tunnel (when he first started doing....was it D-Tour). He has been untouchable as of late. That's just my opinion. The "trendy" clubbers who just got into the scene mostly go where the flavor of the month is. Seek out the best DJ's and the best music. The best DJ's and the best music, along with one of the best sound systems.....TWILO. Van Dyk, Sasha and Digweed, Carl Cox, among other greats run the show on Fridays. Not a better place in the world to see top DJ talent.

------------------

Exit has mad potential to put NY back on the map.

A big problem that I see is that the crowd they cater for doesn't care about the music. As long as it goes boom boom, and those cheesy 3 min long drumrolls, it's considered good enough for them. Ask around. See if anyone knows who is dj'ing. Nada! Maybe a handfull at most.

Something is obviously working because they're still packing the place on Saturdays.

------------------

Nolimit...from my own experience, I think Exit does well because of it's atmosphere. I wouldn't go to Exit for the music, but the space and effects and people are pretty cool. The crowd is mixed for the most part and everybody there seems to know how to have a good time...instead of just being in a K-hole. Another plus is that I don't have to wait in line cause I know a few security guards there...so it's basically the first club in which I didn't have to wait in line wink.gif

But music wise, I would like it to be harder...that way, I wouldn't have to push myself into that nebula in which your body moves on automatic (Since I don't do E, I rely on the music for this). If Body n' Soul would host a party in Exit following the Saturday party, that would be one sweet weekend...Saint!!!

------------------

Good to know, I'll have to check it out the next time. Do they have a mailing list for upcoming events?

My favorite Amsterdam club is a party called earth which is usually held monthly at a space called Melkweg. The space itself is pretty small, but the resident DJs, Sander Kleinenberg and Per are great. This year their upcoming lineup looks great, with the likes of Terry Francis, Nick Warren, Sasha, PVD, etc... (guess it depends on what you're into, tho). Their url is http://www.earth-link.nl/

-tg

Originally posted by mbdewey:

My favorite club in Amsterdam is Trance Buddha. Smallish, but with a very enthusiastic crowd even on weeknights. Sigh, I loved amsterdam. Lotsa good little clubs to party in...

Peace...

I think the best club I've been to has to be Nation/Sting in Washington, DC. I've been to all the major clubs in NY, Philly, London, Spain, and Miami, and Nation has the best vibe I've seen. Their lighting is superb, and their soundsystem is where others come to get demonstrations for the top of the line sound system. Bedlam is supposed to be huge (the new club in Atlantic City that will be the biggest in the country holding over 12,000), but we'll have to wait and see. NY's scene has really depreciated in the past year, but we all know why. And running a close second would have to be HOME in London. With Paul Oakenfold as the resident DJ, how can you go wrong.

------------------