Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Voice-Undergroung Post

Morning, morning. I just saw your post about the underground scene. I'm tired of peope talking about DT, JP, the other DT, JV, AVH, CC, PO, S&D, etc etc. Yeah, each one of them has set good standards, but the underground is what fuels the entire genre of club music. I mostly hit up Vinyl when I go out, but I'm into everything. Smack a good list of DJ's to hear and what nights and I'm there Voice. P.S. I've still yet to hear ClubNYC dj IllHouseYou yet. I'm going to try and hit Joy this Tuesday where he spins. Anyways, peace, Saint!!!

------------------

I went to a party called tru-skul a couple weeks ago (detroit/chicago party on saturdays, previously at Flamingo, which has now moved to the LES somewhere) and it had the potential to be a great underground scene, but unfortunately it was almost totally empty.

It's bad enough most smaller venues in this city don't allow dancing, but then there's one that does and it can't attract an audience... what's up with that?

-tg

Why it's hard for underground movements to succeed. Most underground establishments rent a space for the evening, and part of the clubs financial success stems from the sale of alcoholic beverages. Most underground club peeps are into the music and minor club drugs...not alcohol: Hence, the club owners profits dwindle and so does the potential underground music.

Plus, most underground movements are advertised within the underground subculture, not through mainstream Dolce & Gabanna poster stunts, ya know. I'm sure those are some very big reasons why many underground movements are blocked. Saint!!!

P.S. If you find out the name of that party/place, let me know, stjamesr@hotmail.com

------------------

Im at vinyl alot.Danny is a good friend of mine,and we also share the same manager,so Ive probably seen you there. I will post or e-mail you some info on some DL spots,cant right now @ work,but Im glad you feel me.

all of those"BIG" djs were little djs once,

they had their small crowd and nites when noone showed,but dope is dope,skills are skills and soon enough the people came.

Ive seen enough "up here" time to go back "under" hehe

plur

------------------

Say, DT was raised in Greenpoint right? I grew up in the North Side, Williamsburg, about 1/2 mile away. I can definitely see where some of his influences came from...Saint!!!

------------------

Saint O:-),

You can check Eau, above Punch, on Broad betwn 20 - 21 on Tuesdays. Pretty kick back trance style. You can try Izzy Bar for Fluid on Tuesdays as well. I think it is on 10th near 1st. Gaby is the Dj. His stuff is pretty

Deep. I have never been there for Fluid but

I've heard Gaby before.

------------------

Originally posted by Saint:

Why it's hard for underground movements to succeed. Most underground establishments rent a space for the evening, and part of the clubs financial success stems from the sale of alcoholic beverages. Most underground club peeps are into the music and minor club drugs...not alcohol: Hence, the club owners profits dwindle and so does the potential underground music.

P.S. If you find out the name of that

Plus, most underground movements are advertised within the underground subculture, not through mainstream Dolce & Gabanna poster stunts, ya know. I'm sure those are some very big reasons why many underground movements are blocked. Saint!!!party/place, let me know, stjamesr@hotmail.com

Good point about alcohol. I went with 4 people and all of us ordered seltzer. I almost never drink these days but i suppose i can nurse a beer to support the scene.

I found a flyer for Tru Skul at temple records. The listing on Citysearch (http://newyork.citysearch.com/E/E/NYCNY/0014/65/89/) is confusing about where it's happening this weekend. I emailed them and will let you know.

Tru Skull is a wicked party. I wanted to go 2 weeks ago for their first night at 113 but I couldn't. I'm surprised it was empty.

I may go there after the hardcore concert this next Saturday if I don't go to Destiny.

The adress of 113 is 113 Ludlow Street, it's almost on the corner of Delancey Street.

I like very much this club 113. It's a nice Underground spot.

I will post something later about the Underground, NYC scene, invasion from Europe (I'm French and I'm invading you, muahahahaha) etc... now I have to work, duh!

may_back.jpg

may_front.jpg

http://www.foundationteam.com

See ya,

Plur,

Joël S. cool.gif

[This message has been edited by JoelS (edited 05-25-2000).]

bad news about Tru-Skul.

I got the following email today from the promoter:

---

unfortunately the last show has been cancelled and the weekly has been put

on hold for a while...

we will be having a FOUNDATION one year anniversary party in june (30th) at

centrofly...Nick holder will be playing as well as some very special guests

from detroit...more info will come soon...the website will be updated with

new info next week so check it out then...

take care..

vikas

FOUNDATION www.foundatioteam.com

---

-tg

Sounds good Bro, let me know smile.gif Although I expect with the crowds coming back from memorial day and the parties these past 4 days that it will be slow but who knows...

Voice if you are who I think you are, I just want to say I love your new song...

Old School Represent smile.gif

MC eek.gif

------------------