Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tunnel Fridays (old school) VS EXIT fridays (new school)

NO comparrison whatsoever...bring back the tunnel...someone tell gatien to renovate it and make it bigger and have a grandreopening like carbon did w/ EXIT...i'll be the first one on line ..and will pay whatever you want me to in order to get in

oracle

------------------

I'm obsessed with TUNNEL. I want that place back so bad. And get this: I missed its best times. I only went there last year from the summer until the start of the winter when it still had its liquor license and it was still kicking.

One way or another, somebody gotta bring it back.

------------------

Guest clubkid77

Check it out, if people want it back, you can make it happen, just go, go for afterhours. A party is like 75% crowd anyways. I mean sure music is important, but how many times have you been at a party with 100 people in a basement with a tape playin and everyone having a good time cuz they were there for each other. I mean a club is just a bigger version really. Its all self fufilling, people say "this place sux" people stop going, soon the place does suck cuz the crowd is thin, if the place was packed 99% of the people would be having a better time. I still go, cuz i am loyal to my old party grounds and love the place no matter what. I dj every weekend for Kurfew and some of the nicest people are in there. People say ohh its trash or whatever, but the people are genuine. if anyone has any comments or sugestions or wants a cheep admission, email me for info, my list, jeffk@hotpop.com for kurfew is 10$ with a student id.

-DJ Jeff Phillips

Kurfew @ Tunnel

[This message has been edited by clubkid77 (edited 06-10-2000).]

Yea but I doubt Gatien will put up the money considering that Tunnel is on the selling block for 11 million...Alex why don't you break open your piggy bank and go apply for a loan!

Keep It Real

Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

yea, more threads about the tunnel! you can't even compare exit to old skool tunnel. as big as exit is, you still have a very monotonous and homogeneous crowd- you can never see a crowd like the tunnel anywhere else, really.

i have been talking with my friends of trying to just get one big party going there in the beginning of the summer, but i don't know many people that will go, just b/c they are afraid it will suck. the last time i went there (january), they shut off the music at 4:30 and closed up!! what the hell is that shit?! tunnel is all about the crowd. the music has been on point (in the past), it's just that place needs to be cleaned up. i hope someone that has power at the tunnel is listening to us clubbers.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

ALex.. keep trying to win...lol

I miss the tunnel , but i was there in 93-98.. it's changed soo much.. you have no idea.. or maybe you do... but if they could bring it back.. I'd be right there tryin to help. It was the bomb.. but all things must come to an end kiddies.. and well this just might be it.. It def. need renovatios.. it's screams " i need cleaning!" :P ... but yes.. I miss the tunnel.. It was my first club experiance.... I'll never forget it either. =o).

Elisha biggrin.gif

------------------

the best things in life are free

lecy337@hotmail.com

we can only hope for the tunnel to bounce back to how it was.

there hasen't been a club that can compare.

exit certainly sucks..once was enough for me.

twilo can be scarey, and the factory can have it's moments.

tunnel rats should unite, and bring the beat back.

lata

lola

------------------

we can only hope for the tunnel to bounce back to how it was.

there hasen't been a club that can compare.

exit certainly sucks..once was enough for me.

twilo can be scarey, and the factory can have it's moments.

tunnel rats should unite, and bring the beat back.

lata

lola

------------------

all u tunnel rats out there who talk about havin one huge party to bring it back should just all get together and decide to all go there on a certain nite... if all of u who say u would show up actually do, then there would be one hell of a party that nite, and who knows what might happen after that? maybe you'll all wanna go back again! pick a date and get everyone to go... i would!

------------------

Originally posted by Chelle31:

all u tunnel rats out there who talk about havin one huge party to bring it back should just all get together and decide to all go there on a certain nite... if all of u who say u would show up actually do, then there would be one hell of a party that nite, and who knows what might happen after that? maybe you'll all wanna go back again! pick a date and get everyone to go... i would!

Honestly, the Tunnel has nothing good going for it right now.. Music?? No.. Crowd?? No.. Space?? That's about it.. I think what people are saying is that they want to change the whole party around.. New everything.. I would possibly go back if they changed the party..

BRING BACK DANNY!!!!

------------------

i agree tranza, all around, tunnel just needs to be changed. no doubt though, the space is great- everything else is eh.

tranza, you and i post alot about the tunnel. i am happy to know others are advent about the tunnel as i am.

you wanna hear the crazy part as to why i am so pro-tunnel? besides my memories, the music, the crowd, the craziness, the shadiness..this is soooo crazy, but my fiance became my fiance there...great... wink.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Originally posted by kitty19:

i agree tranza, all around, tunnel just needs to be changed. no doubt though, the space is great- everything else is eh.

tranza, you and i post alot about the tunnel. i am happy to know others are advent about the tunnel as i am.

you wanna hear the crazy part as to why i am so pro-tunnel? besides my memories, the music, the crowd, the craziness, the shadiness..this is soooo crazy, but my fiance became my fiance there...great... wink.gif

EH.. It just seems to be the topic of the board as of today.. I have had my fun there a few years ago, and nothing good lasts forever.. To the people that just started going now, you dont know what you missed back 96-97-98 ( early 98, that's when it all went downhill ).. EVOLUTION FRIDAYS, DTOUR SATURDAYS.. MEMORIES... Time to move on.. Soundfactory on saturdays seems to be my favorite party now.. But like everything else, the party is winding down slowly.. frown.gif

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much internet today.. My eyes hurt..

------------------

Originally posted by oraclenyc:

ok, if we all donate $1 a day from the board.....i think we can raise enough $ to reopen it for one night and have a good time..who's with me?

LAST I HEARD, THEY WERE RENTING OUT TUNNEL ON FRIDAYS FOR $10K..

------------------