Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BRING BACK THE TUNNEL??

PETER GATIEN...

CLOSE THE PLACE DOWN TOTALLY..

RENOVATE IT TO THE FULLEST..

HIRE SOME DECENT PROMOTORS AND A WELL KNOWN DJ...

DO A BIG PROMOTION..

HIRE NEW STAFF...

CHANGE IT FROM 18 TO 21..

HIRE A REAL DOOR PERSON, AND ENFORCE A DRESS CODE..

GET RID OF THAT KURFEW PARTY...

EVERYONE AGREE??

------------------

I totally agree!! I remeber going there back in '95 & '96 when Junior played there and the door people were very picky, but still filled the place with an interesting mix of people. All I can say is the Tunnel used to have a fabulous crowd and music.

The tunnel is one of the best clubs layout wise, but currently the atmosphere there sucks!! They should definitely get some new promoters and new DJ's. But I don't think those old days of the Tunnel will ever come back. frown.gif

India

------------------

oh god, i think i should change my screen name to tunnel queen, i always post about the tunnel.

anyway, i also agree about the revamping of the tunnel, but i liked the fact that there was no dress code. this allowed all types of people to come, whether or not you liked it or not. don't you agree? this was the club i would hit if i just wanted to raver clothes and sneakers.

and please tell me of a club that ever plays chicago house, and it's not geared toward a younger crowd. that's what i loved best about the tunnel- the chicago house room. and they would definitely get rid of it if it were 23+.. ergh!

but nonetheless.. it would be nice. they should also put in better lights.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

I 100% agree about the chicago house room, or speedy room as some of us call it. The club needs to be shut down for a while. First of all so the necessary changes can be made, but also b/c this would create a hype for the a repoening of the club. Bring in a good dj and replace the horrible system and lights. The 21+ thing is a good idea and then let it be 18+ for the younger crowd on friday. After hours at the tunnel would be great again, bring it back!!!

-Rob

------------------

Well, sorry guys, But I heard from a very reliable source on Saturday that Peter (AKA One-eyed-Willie) is selling the Tunnel and putting his emphasis on Limelight.

I started promoting @ Limelight, Tunnel, Club-USA, and Palladium in '94. Tunnel was great from '94-'96. I used to go every week.

I'll post something as soon as I find out.

Peace,

------------------

Darrell G.

HAZE Promotions
/>http://people.goplay.com/hazedg

i think what alot of people aren't realizing is that tunnel is really a hip-hop club. tunnel is the hottest hip-hop spot in n.y. and maybe even the country. alot of people say that gaiten doesn't spend $$ on tunnel but he does. look at the hip-hop stars that are there almost every sunday. all he cares about is that sunday party.

------------------

Originally posted by kitty19:

anyway, i also agree about the revamping of the tunnel, but i liked the fact that there was no dress code. this allowed all types of people to come, whether or not you liked it or not. don't you agree? this was the club i would hit if i just wanted to raver clothes and sneakers.

Well, if I agreed with you about the dress code, I wouldnt have posted about changing it.. rolleyes.gif

------------------

look.. it's not that easy. there are complicated issues that most young naive clubbers are not aware of..laws,regulations, taxes, mafia, time tables etc... i don't think the peter guy is an idiot he knows more about club management than you do. in real world things are more complicated so just wait and see what happens.

Originally posted by tranza:

PETER GATIEN...

CLOSE THE PLACE DOWN TOTALLY..

RENOVATE IT TO THE FULLEST..

HIRE SOME DECENT PROMOTORS AND A WELL KNOWN DJ...

DO A BIG PROMOTION..

HIRE NEW STAFF...

CHANGE IT FROM 18 TO 21..

HIRE A REAL DOOR PERSON, AND ENFORCE A DRESS CODE..

GET RID OF THAT KURFEW PARTY...

EVERYONE AGREE??

------------------

Originally posted by souvlaki:

look.. it's not that easy. there are complicated issues that most young naive clubbers are not aware of..laws,regulations, taxes, mafia, time tables etc... i don't think the peter guy is an idiot he knows more about club management than you do. in real world things are more complicated so just wait and see what happens.

Ok guy, I just posted what the club needs to do, to bring the party back to 27th st.. Not like it's gonna happen anytime soon.. I was bored, so I posted what I did.. Calm yourself.. I never said I was a club manager, nor do I ever want to be one.. biggrin.gif

*COUGH*

------------------

tranza, i guess you don't agree with my dress code theory! i was getting just hyped up about the tunnel! redface.gif

so whaddya like to wear to the tunnel? your 3 piece suit and spit shined shoes and slicked hair? cool. smile.gif

do your thing! i'll do mine eek.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

i agree with what you say- for some clubs, i like to get dipped out, and other times, i like to dress sillie- and i wouldn't want the silliness factor taken out of the tunnel. i like to portray myself in various ways, and different places call for different methods..

besides, i get so dirty at clubs (hey i'm a klutz, watch out for that drink! it'll probably spill on me!), it's a shame if i ruin nice stuff.

ahh wells point being. bring back the tunnel.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Tunnel has several things that will assure its comeback;

an amazing space and layout, a world-famous name, a neglected following that will come back once the party is changed, and most important of all: a cabaret license.

Mark my word: TUNNEL will be back in one form or another. There's too much potential there for the right owner/investor group. All they need to do is dump some money on it to get it fixed, pay the right people to get it relicensed, and have a grand reopening. I'll be there.

------------------

Peter is not selling Tunnel right now.... while they don't have their liquor license they are planning a few raves on Fridays here and there.... Saturdays are still the same ol Saturdays....

As far as emphasis goes... Peter wants to do the 21 and up crowd at Limelight.. the dressier corwd... and at Tunnel is where he'd rather have the 18 and up wear whatever you want type crowd....

Tunnel is not a hip hop club at all.. BUT... the Sunday night parties do make him alot of money..... and right now Tunnel is barely making any money at all!

Corbett

------------------