Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PAUL VAN DYK - OUT THERE AND BACK... CD REVIEW...

Although I havnt been listning to much trance latly, I rather enjoy this cd.. I didnt know it was only his productions, I figured it would be a mix of whatever he was spinning at the moment, when he made the cd.. If your a trance, PvD fan, dont miss out on this disc(s).. Not sure when it's release date is ( out yet? ).. A friend brought it back from London for me..Enjoy..

------------------

[This message has been edited by tranza (edited 06-12-2000).]

yo... i read your reviews on tracks and cd's all the time and respect your opinions regarding.

i havent heard this one yet, mainly because i've been dragging my feet getting a copy from blueangel and her man. anyway, the point i wanted to make was that the only other two PVD cd's in my possesion are also complete production by him as well. seven ways and 45 rpms are all his original shit. which is why i respect him as a dj first and foremost, because he writes and produces most of his music. (obviously not everything he spins live, but...) he's not just remixing and not just spinning records.

im glad to hear that you dig it...

peace

------------------

I agree, the cd is really good. Very, very trancey, but what else would it be. If you like him, you'll love this cd. If you want the cd though, there are tons of places you can download it for free from. I just download and listen to it at work. If anyone wants to know the websites, just email me at the address below.

------------------

Keep it movin'!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

I not only love this CD but it has placed PVD in a higher level in my mind.

Actually, there are a couple of tracks on there such as Columbia that is not that trancey . . . it's got a techno feel to it. One thing for sure . . . even for those who are not PVD fans . . . after hearing this CD you'll have a higher respect for him and his talent.

The actual release date is June 20th.

BlueAngel

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

[This message has been edited by blueangel (edited 06-13-2000).]

I downloaded it from napster the other day and can't stop listening to it. Beginning to end, this cd is sick. The best part about it is that unlike his other cds (w/ the exception of disc 1 of vorsprung) it's mixed and not sequenced.

I'm going to london tomorrow and i'm def. picking up the official copy. it supposedly has a bonus disc that has some totally diff. tracks and a video of Tell me Why. It's not coming out in the US till the 20th.

Definitely a must have for any trance fan. And I agree, my respect for PVD and his talent as a DJ/Producer just keeps growing.

------------------