Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how many of you oldschoolerz used to go to the PALLADIUM?

Guest bonzai

WOW. That place was awesome. Bringz back some good memories.

Design-wise, that had to be one of the coolest clubs i've ever been to. Remember the set-up? Walk up in the place like you are walking into a movie theatre. It had the large main auditorium, with the encircling rafters, the bathrooms all the way downstairs and the huge stage up front.

I first went to that place back in 1995. I used to go on Fridays for hip-hop and then on Sat for the dance party. I remember meeting Foxy Brown and Biggie Smalls there one nite.

Brings a tear to my eye whenever i pass by that spot on 14th st.

peace

------------------

The firt time I tried to get in I just passed 13. I stood about a block away from the club trying to get the nerve to go up to the H.U.G.E. bouncer at the door with my fake I.D. After two hours, and many hoochy gals passing by my nose, I strolled up to the bouncer with my sidekick Luis. We were denied, and life ended for a few weeks. Then I got in touch (again) with the person who fucked my life over, and BOOM, we were chillin in Palladium, barely able to see straight cause we downed gallons of vodka and puffed trees like it was oxygen. I don't remember much back then...I remember the really bad shit that happened, not too much about the music. I wasn't really about the music back then. I was about the trees and titties...straight and simple...but hey, I was 13 wink.gif Saint!!!

------------------

I never even knew the name of the DJ's back then...all I knew was, "Hey, you have nice eyes, wanna fuck". Hahaha, just kiddin. Seriously though, I never even realized I was listening to JV until I was 20...duh! Saint!!!

------------------

Originally posted by Lil t:

I was there almost every Sat night,

J U N I O R !!!!!! A R E N A !!! Memories.....Kevin Aviance put on such amazing shows, Johnny Blaze are you there??? Arena....

Lil t

I'm always here doll. I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon. wink.gif

John John

------------------

Palladium was sick! I remember working an eye contact relationship with Aphrodita so I'd get vip'd in without a girl while 80 jerkoffs were pushing up on the rope trying to look good. Has anyone seen her lately? The last time I saw her was a few months ago at Twilo.

------------------

Guest crystalmethodny

Arena... Junior...

As for Aphrodita, word has it she's managing a club out in Brooklyn.

-CM

------------------

the memories that place brings back...it was the most beautiful club new york has seen in our generation...there were so things that made that place the best...the steps, so many places to lounge, the dance floor that was not segregated by poles...lighting system that was amazing...my 2 fav. parties were the parties with Charlie Cassanove w/MC Romeo....and of course ArenA

Suprstr02

------------------

Guest bonzai

I cant even go near that block anymore.

Fucking NYU had to take it over, why couldnt they take the PC richards right next door...lol

Does anyone have any pics. of that club?

I had a few but i lost them...

Back in 95 with CASSANOVA & HEX HECTOR!!!

------------------

Ahhh...

Palladium!!!

I went there '93-'95. Does anyone remember the Bliss Parties? Rob Gee in the boiler room? Bump after Bump!!! I don't even remember who spun there then. I was too much into the party favors. I just knew the music was Off Da Hook!!

Limelight was and still is my favorite club.

The new party is bringing back some Old-Skool Vibes. Especially with Corbett, Michael Francis and Myself running Shit.

Keep it Real cool.gif

------------------

Darrell G.

HAZE Promotions
/>http://people.goplay.com/hazedg

R.I>P> Arena...........

nothing like it will there ever be again!

I went for the last year of arena.

If the kids today had a perty like arene was...they would be embarrassed by the way things are now!

postal

------------------

dsmn,, palladium,, that was my first club experience,, i was like 14, for some reason aphrodita liked me, she knew my ID was fake (it was one of those 10 dollar bullshit IDs) and she still let me in. I felt like the shit heheh 14 yrs old goin to palladium every weekend, walkin right in ,, no line ...

Now when i go out im like ILL,,, I was 14 and walkin RIGHT into clubs, LoL, I AM NOT waitig on this line..hheehehe

Anyway, that place was the BEST,, had much fun in the bleachers biggrin.gif

peace!

------------------

I think I'm gonna cry.. frown.gif..I use to promote for a few parties there a few yr.s before it closed.... I really loved that place...it was the 3rd club i had ever gone to ( tunnel 1st. the Lime 2nd)... I really loved that place.... well it's in Club heaven now... let have a moment of silence... oh the memories.. theose pictures brought back.. thanks wink.gif

Originally posted by Spitfire:

Check it out:

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.fletchergensamer.com/HTML/Palladium.html" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.fletchergensamer.com/HTML/Palladium.html</A>

------------------

the best things in life are free

lecy337@hotmail.com

Yes thank you palladium was IT !! The start of my clubbing carrier. from 93 till closing for me!!! it was the place no place will ever be like it!!! ahh the memories if I only knew then what I know now!!!!

------------------