Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AVH last night and the crowd at Centro

AVH was too much fun last night.

It was my first time catching him live and I had heard some mixed opinions about his DJing sets. I wondered how he be since he's really a hip hop head who can turn out money making house tunes in his sleep.

He stayed true to his roots - hip hop, breaks and beats, along with dance anthems, classics and I think I even remember hearing the thong song, yes the thong song. With that much variety you would think it would be hard to keep a groove going. Though you never knew what would drop next I could barely pull myself off the dancefloor (which was the hottest and most crowded I've experienced at centro - next time they'll hopefully overlook the all might dollar and keep more people out).

I left at 4:30 with a non chemical induced grin from ear to ear (got to love those nights).

Re. The crowd at Centro definitely has changed over the last few months but IMHO for the better. It has become more representative of what this city is (was?). Someone commented that the crowd has probably gotten worse . It's becoming less of a see and be seen kind of place and more of house lovers destination. If that's worse I'll take it.

Much respect and love to everyone who makes the parties at Centro and Vinyl happen. Without them the scene in New York would be hopelessly lost.

- David

"Those who can't dance say the music is no good."

hey dave, that's exactly what i wanted to hear. i assumed the crowd has gotten worse only b/c that is how the trend usually goes, but glad to hear it's a music lovers joint. that's what it's all about. who cares about being seen when the music lovers go strictly for...the music!

AVH was amazing! I don't think it could've been done any better.The vibe at Centro was great...i just wish it wasn't soooo crowded....it made it hard to really really dance until around 3:30ish after Armand finished spinning.

I have to agree with you das that Vinyl and Centro deserve props for throwing some of NY's best parties!!

p.s.- anyone know who that awesome sax player is?

I had the most booty shakin" time last nite!!! totally an "untrendy" crowd, Last nite AVH werked me. Centro Fly to me has the right Idea,all types of DJS new guest every week,opening minds to different vibes,w/respect for each by the people that go. Definately,one of the best parties in NY

Vinyl of course being the best IMO.

Love is the Message smile.gif

so, have any of you guys heard his new album? i loved his last one, but i am a bit iffy about his latest..

man, i am so jealous of you guys! i wish that i was able to make it.. but i can't function correctly at work, i've realized, with an hour of sleep. wink.gif

glad to hear you guys had fun!

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

That's great to head DAS! I'm a long time AVH fan, used to hear him on KTU in the early 90's and the man can tear it up with shit no one else has. Too bad I didn't know about this party or I probably would have went.

And I'm glad that Centro-fly is getting looser with the door. I was rejected there once because "no single guys" policy. But I think the truth was that I'm not as attractive as the "model type" people they were letting in, single guys and all. That night I missed Tony Humphries and the Bassment Boys, House music legends.

Peace

cool.gif