Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are people overreacting???

Obviously, a phrase under your name on this message board says absolutely nothing about relevant knowledge or experience in this scene... It was meant to be a fun thing. We picked terms that were closer to the scene, rather than the default terms: "Junior Member" or "Member."

I think most people took it as kind of funny -- I mean who really cares how many little stars they have. I also agree that some may find it corney, so we are looking at a better system... One thing may be to let people pick their own little sub-title.

Suggestions? Comments?

------------------

- Clubmaster

clubplanet.com - nightlifestyle™

clubmaster@clubplanet.com

i dont really care.. I mean I know how long I've been in the sceen, and by no means do my posts put me in any catagory.. I mean I really dont care.. I think they just like to complain ( it's drama..)...why would anyone get offened.. do you really have that much little time on your hands.. I dont know.. I'm not trying to diss anyone.. not at all, but i hope that you all are kidding about this.. everyone crying over it.. gimme a break.. what matters your status? or you experiances? CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

I am eager to find out why Dmitry's post are being censored/deleted. IMO, he made this site what it is. Political bullshit I suppose.

I think the labels are pointless. I guess that y'all are trying to get people to post more often, but why give each person a status, label or stars beside their name? Let their words speak for themselves.

I can assure you that I've posted on this site many hundreds of times over the past 4 years, but it's not beside MY name.

At first I did feel slightly insulted at being called at "Newbie" and then "New to the Scene." Come on, this isn't elementary school, do we really need to encourage posters in that way, while discouraging peoples credibility at the same time?

It’s also going to promote people posting useless information, just to get another number beside their name. We can always use less pointless information.

Loose the labels – it’s an exhibition, not a competition.

lecy, what you're saying is right on...agree with it all except for the last line. if everyone agreed, or was on the same level of awareness, then perhaps we could all get along. but what fun would that be? speaking for only me, i find a much greater stimulation in diversity, as opposed to repetition.

biggrin.gif

------------------

conflict is what i predict...

Romulus - Your points are well taken. They seem to be well thought out. We will be re-thinking the categorizing thing for posts.

Also, we do not delete any posts that are clearly presented -- either good or bad. We are opposed to shameless self-promotion, however and will filter those posts.

------------------

- Clubmaster

clubplanet.com - nightlifestyle™

clubmaster@clubplanet.com

Clubmaster I have to agree with the deleting of Dimmitri's posts.. I read both boards. Anyhow I was saying I agree with some of the people on the reasons why his posts were deleted.. and it's true there's been other posts that have been totaly unrelated and such.. and remained up on the board. I think it was a little un just... and so what if his thought wasn't well organized.. it's an opinion.. and well I just thought that was a little foul on your part. a lot of the members post on both boards or read them... it leaves an uncomfertalbe feeling among the members.. where's the truth in it all? confused.gif

just my $.02

------------------

the best things in life are free

lecy337@hotmail.com

SERIOUSLY... who CARES...

this is so "3th grade" bullshit... "She has more milk in her cup then me!!"

Hello??!! How old are you people, who cares how many stars you have or what title is under your name. I think there are some more important issues in life to worry about, and if not - you need to get a life and QUICK! Also, how many messages boards/club related web sites can one world have?? Why does everyone and their mother have to start their own.. is that the new "cool" thing to do?

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Hey C'mon do you really think that those stars and the little titles are for fun....C'mon be honest almighty clubmaster. Thats the reason that some people are attracted by the site. Some people are competive like that especially their titles. As for me I don't care what you do. The reason I come here is for the good vibe and the real people that are members of this site. I can understand your marketing plan you are running a business. But for those people who rant and rave over your stars and your titles...remember we are not in pre-school and these aren't for good behavior and this not high school and you will not be on the honor roll or you will not receive magnum cum laude for your titles and stars!

Hmmm...it seems to me, that the folks are bitching about the stars and stuff are just like the guys who complain about Howard Stern but listen to him every day just to find more stuff to complain about.

Nothing wrong with that, ya know...I suspect they're all secretly posting their complaints to get more posts undertheir belts and get a new rating (which is completely automatic, I believe).