Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Exit good on Friday?........

One of my friends is having a party on the rooftop there on Friday and I'm curious as to how the crowd is on that night. I've been there on a Saturday when Baez and Tsettos played and the crowd wasn't that good and neither was the music.

I'm so hesitant about going because I haven't heard many reviews on Friday night there. Please help!!

Thanks

India

I've been to Exit on both nights . . . once . . . . and the Friday night was MUCH better than the Saturday night. But I'm not a regular Exit patron, so my opinion my be a lil' iffy. Sorry.

BlueAngel

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

Well . . . when I went to Exit on a Saturday night . . . it was 90% guidoish. Know what I mean? However, on the Friday night . . . it was a very mixed crowd. Some true clubbers, some ravers, some guidos . . . some tourists. I guess that's why the Friday was better . . . for me, cause I like mixed crowds.

BlueAngel

------------------

Originally posted by blueangel:

Well . . . when I went to Exit on a Saturday night . . . it was 90% guidoish. Know what I mean? However, on the Friday night . . . it was a very mixed crowd. Some true clubbers, some ravers, some guidos . . . some tourists. I guess that's why the Friday was better . . . for me, cause I like mixed crowds.

Don't really appreciate the guido comment. 90% guiodo means 90% good crowd, besides its about 90% asian lately. Saturday's are still a better time than Fridays.

The only Asian section I saw was a small corner on the main dance floor. One small corner in that BIG club is not 90% of the crowd, babe. wink.gif

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. You must be a guido. Well . . . (to me) 90% guido means 90% sweaty guys with scratchy arms and no shirts on -- high on GHB -- bumping into people and acting like their shit smells like Channel #5. That's all that means. tongue.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

Blueangel... have you been there lately? Theres a really big asian section at the back of the dancefloor now. Kinda reminds of the HUGE asian section at the back of twilo. Whats the deal w/ that? One of my chienese friends(thinks he's korean, don't ask me why)was talking about going out and about some korean club. He told me i wouldn't get in unless i was w/ him. Oh well, as for exit on friday the music is pretty good and the crowd is very mixed. It clears at a lot around 4 or 5 and then the crowd thats left is pretty good.

-Rob

------------------

And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors.

Rob, pending on which club your friend is talking about. But most likely . . . you'll probably need to be with a group of asians (at least one Korean cause the staff at those clubs don't really speak any english) in order to get into a Korean club.

I don't venture to a lot of the Korean clubs, myself cause their music SUCK and my bf is black but it's an experience. Although don't expect the type of music you're use to hearing cause it is exactly that . . . a Korean Club, so the music is Korean as well. smile.gif

As for the asian section at Exit. Yea, I saw that section on the main dance floor, but like I said before . . . that one section is by no mean 90% of that BIG club.

BlueAngel

------------------

exit fridays are fucking horrible!if you didnt like exit saturdays w/ tsettos & baez which i thought was awesome, your never gonna like the gay ass friday party with 14 year olds jumpin around to the horrible sound of tony draper....he should be spinning at raves.....my opinion anywaY

~A

I definetly like exit fridays better. The music is soooo much better then when tsettos spun, although i hear magz is good so maybe i'll check him out one of these days.

-Rob

------------------

Originally posted by blueangel:

Rob, pending on which club your friend is talking about. But most likely . . . you'll probably need to be with a group of asians (at least one Korean cause the staff at those clubs don't really speak any english) in order to get into a Korean club.

I don't venture to a lot of the Korean clubs, myself cause their music SUCK and my bf is black but it's an experience. Although don't expect the type of music you're use to hearing cause it is exactly that . . . a Korean Club, so the music is Korean as well. smile.gif

As for the asian section at Exit. Yea, I saw that section on the main dance floor, but like I said before . . . that one section is by no mean 90% of that BIG club.

BlueAngel

Oh your definetly right its a relatively small section, i just thought you said there little or no asian section in the club. And your definetly right about the music b/c i've heard some of his tapes.

-Rob

------------------

I have to admit though, a lot of Asians (NOT ALL) tend to stick together to the extreme that there are clubs specifically designed for Asians--look at 32-33 St-- the entire street is Korean, and nothing else.

So all the Korean kids head over there to all the korean clubs, and now, the cool thing to do is go to Twilo/Exit and get as fuct up as possible. Haven't you noticed? I am also Asian, but have never stepped into a Korean club in my entire life- I will not pay to specifically be segregated from other types of crowds, races, whatever. And it's sad that a lot of people can't think for themselves and just do what makes them happy. I know these little 17 year olds that run around in these clubs saying how they are the ultimate clubheads/e-tards, and don't even realize that they are putting a bad name on all us Asians--

so don't be quick to judge a crowd just b/c you see a massive amount of asian people. some of us actually think for ourselves.

thanks. smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

I PERSONALLY LIKE THE ASIAN EFFECT. I AM NOT ASIAN AT ALL BUT HAVE SOME ASIAN FRIENDS AND HAVE CHILLED IN THE HEART OF IT ALL IN THAT CORNER EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT. EVERYONE IS USUALLY CHILL. THE ASIANS ADD TO THE MIX AS WOULD ANY OTHER RACE IN THAT PLACE. THE MORE VARIETY THE BETTER. IT JUST ADDS CHARACTER. I ALSO DON'T THINK FRI. ARE AS GOOD AS SAT. MAGZ HAD SOME KILLER SETS WHEN I HEARD HIM AND IF YOU CAN CATCH BORIS THERE, EVEN BETTER. THE CROWD IS USUALLY PUMPED FOR THE MUSIC, (I THOUGHT AT LEAST).

i was reading over my last post and i don't want to sound all anti-asian-- i am proud of my culture, and i completely agree with cesarleo, it's nice to see a racial mix.. and a mix of types of people- clubheads, ravers, b&t, scenesters, whatever.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Kitty, I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from. I'm Korean as well and I know that the latest fad with the asian community these days are to go to Twilo/Exit, drop and get shit faced. Hence the "asian corner" at Exit and the "asian stairs" at Twilo. And it really sucks that the other clubbers see that (usually) think asian = little kids on E playing with glowsticks. But there are a some of us who are totally in this scene because we love the music and have always been here before this whole thing turned into a fad.

BlueAngel

------------------

actually fridays is VERY GOOD @ exit

and whoever posted if you don't like sats you won't like fridays.... tony draper should be a rave ,

well you are a moron

thats exactly what fridays is

it has 100% more energy

no dress code, everyone is there to have a good time not just to see who has the best "fcuk" shirt.

the music is also better

i got o sat as well, and it is a tottally diff thing. i like fridays for why i don't like sats and i like sat for why i don't like fri

it all depends on what you like

if you like an energetic crowd, lose dress code, and good music FRIDAY is for you

if you like to get dresses and more of an older crowd then go on SATURDAY

------------------

0asisnyc.8m.com

(oasis9389@aol.com)

Blue angle you piss me off with all this racial talk... I am a full fledged Guido in your bood well actually half greek and half italian.... but guido enough. So what we want to dance around with our shirts off because we work out a lot and want to show off our bodies. I have not once tried to grab or dance with a girl with my "scratchy arms" (whatever that means). Do not type cast people. If you want a preppy dress shirt club than go to envy. You wanna run with the big dawgs go to exit and avoid all of us scratchy arm guys. Don't mock the crew you are a part of....peace.

z-dawg, perhaps I was being a bit too general. I'll take back the name "guido." smile.gif

But if you are one of those guys who walk around without their shirts, high on GHB, and acting like a mean bully . . . then well . . . I guess I'm talking about you. Listen, I like a guy with a nice body just as much as the next girl, but is it THAT necessary to take your shirt off and rub your sweat all over everyone you walk by? I mean, what is with that?? rolleyes.gif

Do you guys actually think that us, girls, swoon at the sight? Guess again. confused.gif

Also, I'm not looking for a "preppy shirt club" as you put it. I'm far from being a prep myself, but I do like my guys with their shirts on. Personal preference.

BlueAngel

------------------

so i am assuming you are looking for a guido-crowd? i don't think blueangel had any racial implications by saying that exit has mostly guidos (yea, it started off as a racial slur for italians, but i think that the term 'guido' covers a broad range of guys, regardless of race these days).. i guess you could just say it's a "type" of crowd.

so wassup with asians being there? so were all the non-asian people there just being really "chink-y"? hmmm... confused.gif

just pondering on a slow day at work.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty, maybe ghettohigh just saw a bunch of glowsticks and just assumed that it was a bunch of asian kids. biggrin.gif

Eitherway, I still perfer mixed crowds in a club. More diversity the better.

BlueAngel

------------------

Exit sucks now but up to spring break in march it was pretty good. But then again every club in the city excluding SF saturday nights suck on the weekends in the summer everybodys at the shore.(if you only heard tettos at exit, listen to his music at Tempts its alot better because he has a much better crowd to spin for.)If your going to go to the city in the summer on A saturday go to SF that place is always bumping and JP always spins good all night long.