Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tranceport 3 - sandra collins?

i just got tranceport 3 and i think its great. i was kinda skepitcal of gettin it bc the first tranceport isn't really my thing. i got mad respect for oakey though, but he's just not my cup of tea. well anyways, i just wanted to hear your opinions on tranceport 3.

Honestly, I'm disappointe din Tranceport 3. I'm just not a big fan of Sandra Collins, I guess, but this CD left me with the EXACT same impression that I got of her when I heard her spin at Twilo a few months ago: the first 3/4 of her set was hard and repetitive, but the very end was great! I left that night wishing she had played they way she played the last half hour of her set for the whole evening... and that's how I feel about this CD: I adore tracks 10 (C'est Muzique) & 11 (Airwave), but the rest of the CD is just...eh. But I have both of those songs on other CDs already that I think are a LOT stronger compilations of current trance/progressive house music: Trance nation 3 (C'est Muzique) and Gatecrasher: Disco-Tech (Airwave).

Anyway, I am very curious to see how she will spin at Oakie. I'm hoping she will play a little fluffier rather than darker and harder since she's opening up for Oakie. I still wish Dave Ralph was opening, but I gotta give props to Sandra for being not only an American trance DJ, but a female trance DJ, too! Wish that was me...oh well, maybe I'll be ready for like, Tranceport 10 or something!

smile.gif Alexandra

------------------

"Sometimes I wonder if my dreams are wild... Sometimes I know they'll all come true" - Ascension, "Someone"

alexandra@zoggle.com

I like it. And I happen to love that last track on it. Airwave by Rank 1. She played it last time she was at Twilo.

Twilo should bring her there again, this time on the main floor. She's up there with the big boys. She's that good. Anyway, at least I get to see her again in two weeks when Oakey plays at Roseland.