Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do most of you do for a living?

is it me or is everone some wealthy entrepreneur/banker/promoter/genius on this board. any normal people here? me, I just go to college and work a decent part time. it's not what you do its who you are some of the coolest people have crap jobs because working is not the focus of their life. work is mind numbing conformist institutional crap and it would do you some good to avoid it as much as possible. That is unless you're addicted to routine and conformity (many people are)

i am a buyer for an importing company.

sorry, not as cool as you "mr. dicksucker".... biggrin.gif

but i did notice that you are great at managing time, i mean going for your masters and working hard at your great job... and you still have time to log on the little ol' CNYC and talk about meaningless bullshit. WOW you are the coolest person i know, except for crystalmethod (i envy ur cool cardboard box in the nicest alley in SoHo!)

xoxoxox

Meta4z,

You're right that it doesn't make a differance what you do, you can have dignity no matter what. But, if you like what you do, you'll never work a day in your life.

------------------

BAC

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,

perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

To Alexandra eddie247: I like to have fun. That's ehy i party and "cook" my brain. I was homeless when I was 14 and made myself into what I am today. I party with kids I know from the street when i grew up. I'm a success story. And yes I CAN blow my own horn, because I made myself into what i am today, not with mommy and daddy's money like most people. I make more in one year than most people make in 3 years. Hell, my apartment in Manhattan lists for $2,600 A MONTH! I am not perfect. If I want to blow it away by partying on weekends...SO BE IT.

Oh..and to freedomtat: I worked for CIBC untill about 6 months ago in the downtown office. But I knew co workers who partied in the midtown office too.

Evan

Originally posted by G MoNeY:

I think the point of the post was to start shit on the board...

and according to all the responses he succeeded...

ignore the stupid posts... its a waste of time...

.oNe.

.g.

I agree but you must admit that this shit is fun to read! ;-)

------------------

...Ph0eniX

I'm Consulting Structural Engineer working on Wall St designing high-rise structures. (also freelance web designer as a hobby.)

I have been on dis board for 3 years now and seen countless 'cocksuckers' like him... and all of them faded away in their own manure. So peeps let's just chill smile.gif My 0.5 cents. Peace out...

-JohnKush

Aren't we all feeling friendly today?

Well, I work right here at ClubPlanet.com as their illustrious Music Intern. Fabulously paid, benefits up the wahzoo, not to mention glamorous...

Finished up a degree at Pomona College in three years and a part-time fashion model, and breakbeat DJ as well.

-- Cara

cara@clubplanet.com

Aren't we all feeling friendly today?

Well, I work right here at ClubPlanet.com as their illustrious Music Intern. Fabulously paid, benefits up the wahzoo, not to mention glamorous...

Finished up a degree at Pomona College in three years and a part-time fashion model, and breakbeat DJ as well.

-- Cara

cara@clubplanet.com

Boy, what a LOSER you are then :-)) Just like the rest of us who work all week and go partying @ the weekend. "Cookin' up yer brain, cookin' up yer brain, are you all ready for this..." [4 Hero]

Originally posted by Evan:

I wonder how I fit in then? I'm in charge of technology for a firm on the floor of the AMEX (that's the American Stock Exchange for all those who don't know). I have a office on Broadway and a seat on the floor. Before that, I was a CIBC Oppenheimer, Bankers Trust, J.P. Morgan, etc.

I work hard durring the week, and play hard durring the weekend. I have a apartment in Battery Park City (right across the street from the World Trade Center) so I'm not part of the bridge and tunnel crowd.

Cross,

"But, if you like what you do, you'll never work a day in your life.", NICE... words of wisdom are few and far between.

djmissbliss,

wow, if your dad owns a bar & you like soccer your my perfect woman!!

:-)

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

top.gif

LOL This is fun, I have been on the board for like 3 years to...

I'm actually retired now, or semi retired...

let me compete with Evan on this one...I worked for ING Barings a Coporate Investment Banking Firm for the past 4 years, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch & Apple Computer prior to that...I live in battery park city, I don't work hard at all...lol...with the free time ive created myself ive been able to continue with my passion which has always been music because of hiatus due to extreme stress and hard work during the past years...Currently DJ, Produce, Remix/Write...I'll be @ Cheetah Thurs the 6th.

Evan where in Battery Park are you? out of curiousity...

Keep It Real, KOP Project in the 2K smile.gif

Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

FYI: DICKLICKER

Those of us who enjoy clubland and the surrounding culture are and can successful functioning members of society. You hide behind your computer and negative ways all along missing this beautiful life as it passes you by at an incredible rate. One day you will wake up a loney, homeless person seeking free change and cigarettes wishing you could do it all over again...

the right way.

So to that I say, drop the act and let your true self shine. Peace!

Aw man, I feel like I have to compete too smile.gif I work for a brokerage firm, doing webdesign, and administering financial applications. I will be gearing myself towards network engineer/ administrator, and hope to end up on E-commerce. I also go to school(still frown.gif )--business major, and have been a DJ for about 10 years. I also love my clubbing, even though I say every day that I'm gonna stop goin'. I'll keep goin', and stop the .... (you knew what I was gonna say there). See, dickmunch did do something good. He brought this board more closer together (well whoever repsonded to this thread). Good things can happen out of peril smile.gif See ya'.

ILL HOUSE YOU: I live at Parc Place. I'm known thoughout the neighborhoods. I've thrown hundreds of afterhour parties as well as parties on the roof of my building. I'm infamous for all the crackheads I bring to the neighborhood. You can usually find me with some girl I just met at a club walking into the deli at 7:00 a.m. with our eyes huge, stumbling down the aisles. Where you at?

Damn, all you guys on the board who work on Wall St, that is what I want to go into, at least until I make enough cash to start a few clubs. I figure I'll graduate Columbia with high honors, while interning at some investment banking firm and of course going to Wall St. full time after college. I hear that analyst stuff is grueling but its what gets you into B school. Anyway I'll get my MBA from Columbia then go to Wall St. with a real position and kick some ass. Anyone want to get me some connections? Hehe not like I dont already have enough of them, but more cant hurt.

JB

Man I am a male stripper at the Cave in Philly. My role in socitey is so crucial. I keep all of the ladies stimulated! I love to dance my ass off and then get a nice $50 slipped into my G-string. Man flappin my big ass ball-sac around gets all them honnies swimmin'.

In all honesty this guy is a jackass! I am a Financial Analyst for one of the top Mortgage Companies in the US.. I enjoy what I do and that is what makes me happy during the day. But in the evening I am just as crazy as the next "crackhead." I love to party, I love the club crowd and that is that. This guy is obviously very uneducated and just plain and simply has no clue. SO take it with a grain of salt and relax. He did his job.

DRAMA: Everyone is up in arms. For what, so jerckoff that can't communicate any other way than through angst!

Have a nice day everyone and enjoy what you do. If you don't enjoy it, don't do it!

People - i'm intersted in the field of psychology, and have been since i was much younger . . . people like DICKLICKER (lovin the name by the way) thrive on the attention they get from being negative. They're the sick individuals who enjoy getting in trouble so their parents will spank them, and end up having all sorts of problems later on in life. Obviously, this peron is not welcome here, and knows this, so keeps coming back for more. There's no need to get all riled up. If you ignore him, he will go away. Then there's always the chance that it's some little kid who has nothing to do now that summers come. Just leave it alone. I hate to see all this drama because of one juvenile asshole.

Brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

Even remind me where parc place is cause im half dead right now, i live at riverwatch @ battery place, is parc place the one at rector? I usually don't see any crackheads in our area, mainly because i get home so late, or they are rolling with me...lol...This summer is going to be all about the rooftop parties, lemme know smile.gif

Time to relax some more...lol

Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Too right Brandie it all stems back to his childhood. most people who crave attention were neglected by there parents and often stole things or did bad things to get attention. Probably came from a big familiy and was the least popular.

So LETs STOP giving him attention.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

top.gif

I agree with the licker you people are pathetic. You feel the need to reveal what you do for a living. I'm willing to bet none of you do what you say you do for a living. Most of probably do hold down a Burger King/fast food job or work in a sneaker store. I find you people very amusing and after reading these posts. Hopefully one day you will realize how pathetic you all are. As for the licker, thanks for keeping it real!! And you're right about Alexandra.

• 8 years later...