Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Little Louis Vega in Cetral Park?

Was anyone dancing? Oh my god, thousands of people were moving, Louie is a master and would make move someone dead for 4 years! It was an amasing afternoon, here is a copy of a review from another board (MB writes it much better than what I would do):

MAW at the park was amazing. "Little" Louie started the day with an amazing selection of Dance Classics, many of which were featured on the Stop and Listen 5 compilation. He started mellow but became more intense as time went on. Summerstage went ballistic when dropped Vertigo/Relight My Fire (which reinforces the reason why it is one of the GREATEST Dance records ever). Everyone was so into the song that Louie let the crowd sing Loleatta's part almost in its entirety. This started a mini-set of Dance favorities including Bring Down the Walls and French Kiss (keeping in mind that this was a family

crowd, Louie mixed out of French Kiss before the moaning started). Louie amazed the crowd with his skills, dropping out the beat at key moments. Louie brought the crowd up and it was time for the concert (after a few brief

words from our sponsors).

The show started with the Nuyorican Soul Orchestra playing a melody of Jazz/Funk favorities accompanied by Dance Fusion. They started with City Country City and ended with Los Chocolates Rhythems (I think I got the name wrong) with at least two more favorities in between;. Dance Fusion busted out the moves as they paired off in various combinations until they "collasped" in the finale.

Jody Watley took to the stage and sang while doing some of her own dance moves that members of the audience appreciated (particularly the male audience members). She was just the warm-up for Roy Ayers who did a duet with Jody on Everybody Loves the Sunshine. Roy sang his heart while he went

through Running Away, Roy's Scat, and in honor of Tito Puente, Sweet Tears. Roy and the band proved they were true professionals by maintaining the performance while the stage crew changed his electronic vibes twice, by rearranging the songs while fitting in the vibe parts. Everything was tight and

on point.

Then DJ Jazzy Jeff came on stage and showed everyone what Hip-Hop is really about. He rocked the party vibe before going into Jazzy Jeff's Theme with the band.

Jocelyn Brown took the stage and started belting out Ain't No Mountain High Enough. Everyone was already high from the day's highlights and Jocelyn took them higher. The band played their parts to perfection and Jeff's scratching added an early eighties Electro vibe to this Disco chestnut. Jocelyn knows how to work the stage with her stage banter and the occassional teasing of the crowd (when to hold back and when to let loose). When the first notes of Somebody Else's Guy started the crowd started roaring. The crowd sang along to every word. Then she went into Knights Over Egypt and Always There with an explanation on how God is "always there" for her. She left the stage then came back with all of the performers for a rendition of It's Alright, I Feel It". Everybody was just vamping and having fun with that end set. Jody got down with Dance Fusion and showed the moves that made her a Soul Train Dancer. Roy and Jody took turns singing with Jocelyn and Jazzy scratched along at key points. It was an amazing encore with Jody getting the last word.

But we were reminded that the party wasn't over and the strains of Elements of Life got the party again. Louie started with some current Dance Ritual hits (like El Barrio and Wishing You Were Here) before going into some more classics. He slowly mellowed out before bring the night to a close (despite the

break between the two sets, he kept the over all vibe of the party before closing, showing why he's a master).

Yesterday was magical. I thank MAW for presenting this special event. Let's hope it doesn't take another three years before another full out Nuyorican Soul show.

MB

Plur,

Joël S.

Did anyone check him out yesterday? How was he? Was anyone dancing? Cause when Alex Gopher did his set in the park, no one was really paying attention to it, especially not dancing to it.

------------------

BAC

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,

perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

Little Louie was incredible!! The music was HOT, everyone was dancing.

The performers especially, Jocelyn Brown, created a great vibe, but it was Vega that was the absolute highlight

I cannot wait for Body & SouL!

------------------

Din Da Da

I was there for Louis Vega's first set. He definitely built it up. Just before the performances started, he had that crowd jumping. Too bad these Summerstage events are not programmed as an outdoor party. 'Cause just like Body N Soul last year, the dj was the highlight of the day. They should keep the performances to a minimun and let the dj do his thing. Anyway, I'll go again to Body N Soul at Summerstage in August.

Had Louie's set been longer, he would have killed a few people from over excertion, me included. I couldn't stop moving. Only draw back was that they set up chairs in most of the area and that kinda killed the vibe for me. I had an awesome time as well as many people that I knew. I think it's safe to say that deep house and garage are here to stay and flourish.

Peace

------------------

Nestor

"That's House!"

What was up with the families LYING DOWN around the chairs? I fully believe in music for all, but what was needed was room to dance...not chairs and people sleeping..

See ya @Body&Soul...

------------------

Din Da Da