Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stop Being Such A Bitch!

To the person who had said below that pinkie was me I say HA! Get real, I have not worked this long as a DJ to hype myself up, I never post on this board for this reason, childish bullshit! I thank everyone for all of the comments, positive and negative, I learn from them all, trust me. I will be at Cheetah this thursday and got the job without making fake posts, can you believe that!?! Thanks to Jase from club NYC for bringing me in once every 5 or 6 weeks, I love playing there it is a great party and it is just what the city needs. To everyone in club land keep it real and keep outthe bullshit, people like this retard is what we dont need in the scene....see you all at CPI tonight.

Happy 4th

Jason Ojeda

A.K.A.---PINKIE---LOL

Word Jason, peeps gotta keep the BS out of the scene, I agree...and one more thing, to everyone reading this - BOYCOTT NAPSTER - That shit is killing the house music industry!!!!! How the hell are any producers supposed to make $$ if everyone already has their tracks b4 they come out?

Jason.. I know you use to read this board a lot.. It's nothing like it use to be.. People come here just to talk smack, and spread rumors.. It's hard to believe some of the thing that get posted here.. Dont sweat it bro.. biggrin.gif

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

russ, gota agree with you about NAPSTER in this scene. We definitely should be buying good tracks and not just downloading them for free. Copy all the Metalica you want but the scene will not survive if we copy dance tracks. Some labels are just looking to sell 10,000 copies of a track.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

It's not just about the notes played, it's about the spaces in-between.

top.gif

fuck that !

i am going to kidnap you from cheetah on thursday jason odeja. and i am going to tie you up in my basement, along with eminem and metalica. i am going to force you record your new album and i will release it only on napser.

We are the consumer you are the musician; you need to find out how you can make money off of us, not vice versa.

~plur

YOU BETTER ALL COME OUT ON THURSDAY AND HEAR HIM @ CHEETAH, PLUS IM OPENING FOR HIM & IT'S MY BDAY PARTY SO COME SUPPORT YOUR FELLOW OLD SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS smile.gif

KEEP IT REAL.

Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Napster is not gonna kill anything. People who support the electronic music tend to buy it on vinyl and no amount of mp3s will ever repalce that.

How about all of those bootleg cds that are out thre? hmmmmmmm

Randy think about what you just said it makes no sense.

The only people who buy vinyl are DJ's. Most big name DJ's get there's from mailing lists so the only people who actually buy much vinyl are wannabe's or small time DJ's. DJ's don't actually make the labels money but they do get a song herd in the clubs (which is why some get them free in the first place).

If a song plays well out and is getting reaction the label will invest the money & release the song (@ this stage it's still a gamble for a small independent label). If you lot are all just getting you tracks of napster how do you thing your local labels will survive?

Ok Sony can afford it but if you want your home grown labels to flourish copying there tracks wont help will it? Even a bigger label like Subliminal can't really afford to loose half there sales.

Let Napster kill the big labels I don't care, but I do care about the independents. America will be stuck with MTV if people kill the idenpendants.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

It's not just about the notes played, it's about the spaces in-between.

top.gif

Yeah there are always going to be people who copy tapes. But tapes never got done or broke or whatever. But now with MP3's & CD burners there is a much more permanent easy to use/create threat to the independents.

It's not just about the "if people will copy they will use any form to copy, tape, mp3 or CD". That doesn't make any sense, because it's about how easy it is and the fact that some people will tape a mix cd, mp3's are available for the 12", soon you will be able mix and record back to CD with mp3's.

Life's allot more complicated than the people have and always will argument. For a start tapes used top go round small groups of people, the whole basis behind napster is they make money because of the millions of people that are online trading. So the pool that will copy a track is bigger, and ok the record label isn't making money... but napster is. Who do you want to get the money the artist or Napster, who have done nothing to create the track?

Yeah sorry miss read your last point. But still disagree. People who buy bootleg tape wont buy vinyl, but vinyl is not the way people make money (which was my initial point).

People who buy bootleg tapes will buy mix CD's which have a much greater distribution and are the way most Indies make the money to sign new artists.

I really cannot understand why people don't think it's a bad thing. But I guess it's all this anti capitalism thing at the moment which is in vogue.

And I really don't think I am missing any point. If somebody downloads a song from napster they already know they like it (or have had it recommended), so I don't see that as an argument.

Basically in my opinion, anybody downloading a song they like from napster or downloading it, liking it and not buying it is damaging something I love. For that reason I think it is wrong.

Producers of house and dance music are being hurt directly by Napster because these people are not selling to the same target audience as internationally popular bands like Metalica and REM.....If a record is an athem, it will only sell about 5,000 copies. And, the artist who originally sold the track to a label only gets around 2 grand for the original sale of the record... Thus, they must rely on 6-10% royalties and licenseing fees to make decent money.....If nobody buys a new track because everyone already has it from Napster, how will producers survive?

The people creating and selling those bootleg CDs are profiting in a major way - why shouldn't the artist see some of the returns for his efforts in the form of licensing fees?

Mix tapes, on the other hand, are slightly different, because DJs don't actually play tapes in a club.....