Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anyone in here go to raves? what kind, where, why Do you believe in PLUR?

tranza,

roseland is getting shut down? do you know when/why? oh shit. which raves did you attend at roseland?

more recently i went to brass monkey, and it was nice- not the best, but nice.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

screw plur

screw the thugs

screw the drug addicts that takes it overboard

yes raves are overpriced

40 dollars + 5000 people = promoter with a new beamer

yes it is filled with underage patrons

but when you are one among 5000 the underage is the minority

but what it boils down too is if you want to hear commercial ktu crap hit up CERTAIN clubs

but if you are into good electronic music

that gets beneath your skin and puts you into a trance where you can ignore all around

enjoy a good rave

Originally posted by kitty19:

tranza,

roseland is getting shut down? do you know when/why? oh shit. which raves did you attend at roseland?

more recently i went to brass monkey, and it was nice- not the best, but nice.

I think I went to all of them.. Funky Monkey, Monkey Buisness, Brass Monkey 3D, Brass Monkey 2000, Cybertek 3, and a few others I think... I hear it's supposed to close after the summer.. Seems Manhattan needs another Parking lot rolleyes.gif

------------------

F U...

kitty19 i think i saw you at SoUnDfActOry. girl with purple hair. it looked ill. i was wondering if you could help me out. i dont know what to do july 4th weekend should i go peep electric circus or go to exit on sat.

help?

[This message has been edited by euge (edited 06-28-2000).]

to tell you the truth man i've been to a couple a raves (in nyc and out) and no doubt they hold their ground with their music and the environment is chillin but they play some commercialized crap too. for me i enjoy the club scene more. admissions price depends on what time you get there but cant go no more than 20 to 25, raves now they just want the money, tickets be going anywhere from 30 to 50 dollars.and truthfully it aint worth all that. but no doubt raves are definitely an experience. positive side to raves security isnt as tight as the clubs. but all in all if know what your doing inside and you get by the wall of big muscle heads you set straight. gotta be creative. so security anywhere aint a problem and music is music only difference is commercialized music is good thats why they play it on the radio. but of course it gets played out. come on now! alice deejay, better off alone. that song is ill but now all radio stations got it (z100, 103.5, 92.7)

played out...okay now whats up, i wanna win a dreamcast or is that little thing over? haha

Yup thats why i prefer raves because the music is original its not on z100 or on ktu.

when i go to a club or a rave id wanna hear stuff i havent heard everday on the radio thats just boring.

so is anyone going to the rave at the tunnel on friday the 14th?

More original music?

Listen to one of the bobby skillz vs nicky twist vs space monkee vs whoever just once and please try to tell me their songs sound creative after that.

If ktu or z100is playing better off alone, that does not make it any more or less of a song. That goes for any track. Rave is not underground and most of the music played at raves is only unkown because it is horrible.

The club vs rave thing is so funny. Each group thinks their music is better or each crowd is better. In reality the music is just as uncreative and boring and the groups stand for the same thing.

DJs at raves get one fucking hour to work with. Their demos are longer than their sets! Many club djs get a much longer time to work with but still take you nowhere.

Sigh, it's fun to watch.

Originally posted by Randy:

If ktu or z100is playing better off alone, that does not make it any more or less of a song.

i'm not saying it would be less of a song?

it would just SUCK

not cause it's commercial

cause it would just SUCK

I heard good shit on ktu once

Armand van Heldan use to do Sunday afterhours from 4 to 6 and it was hot

now that he's not there

i could say the whole station SUCKS

Jesus God besides Howard Stern and Opie and Anthony

the radio just SUCK

(krock on occasions is good on weekdays with Kanes show comes the weekend I try to hear Liquid Todd but he SUCKS too though)

When I first moved up here I heard a good song on ktu. They actually played Olive's "Your Not Alone." It's one of my all-time favs and after hunting a year and a half, I found two copies of the vinyl smile.gif. I haven't listened to anything on the radio besides stern and O&A in about a year and a half as well.

except...........

WNYU. 89.1 It's a cool statiojn to dial in jsut to see what the hell they are up to. All indie/experimental stuff.

Spider Spaz, SPider Spaz smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i heard all the ravers died in a massive flood. there are a few still in existance in antartica or something. i can't remember; i saw something on the dicovery channel; they were huddled inside a dead whale eating the remains of a candy neclace.