Clubplanet Nightlife Community

God vs. PLUR

So here's fairly interesting subject that I've never seen put up on this board. What does everyone think about the dance culture values taking the place of more religous values. Basically they're the same. But it seems to me that there's a fairly large number of people out there, including myself, that live by mostly christian morals, but attribute them to their culture and lifestyle, not to traditional religous beliefs. I don't know about everyone else, but I haven't believed in a higher power since I was 15, let alone feel it necessary to live by thousand year old religous values, but since getting involved in the scene I've adopted many of the morals and beliefs that were hammered into me (unsuccessfully) throughout my childhood. So let's sum it up and say that at least in dance culture (which is obviously growing by the minute) are teh roots of those beliefs being taken over from any concept of religion. Whadda ya think?

This is interesting, I think I agree with you.

The way we all worship the DJ who is raised above us all in his pulpit. Raising our hand in the air as if in praise. The "this is my church, this is where I heel my hurts" line by faithless. The endless "is Todd..." (or substitute with your fav DJ) "God?" T-shirts.

On Saturday 3 million people around the globe were all united for the love parade. 3 million people all out on a Saturday for the love of one thing... music.

The church was around to teach values that are outdated now, they don't have any bearing on the modern world (well ok thou shall not steal/kill etc are still ok). But in toady's society PLUR (if it's meaning is Peace Love Unity & respect) is a much more accurate set of commandments for toady's society.

PLUR teaches no segregation/racial tension. Make love not war. No gay/straight boundaries, and that everybody no matter who they are everybody deserves respect.

The church teaches that being gay is a sexual deviance. Love thy neighbor so long as they are not breaking the spurious rules set out over 2000 years ago and then only love them if they repent. Science is bad.

Give me PLUR anytime. Unless the promoters start passing round collection boxes and starts demanding 10% of our annual income.... well actually they get more than that from me now!!

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

It's not just about the notes played, it's about the spaces in-between.

top.gif

B2B - My point exactly. You can't tell me the Love Parade has no comparison to any type of religous pilgrimage thousands of years ago. That's sounds retarded first off, but think about it for a minute.

LOL about the collection boxes - too true!

The love parade must have something to do with getting in a group to worship something.

But the scientist tell us that we don't have any "knowledge carry over" and the only thing that effects or psychology are genes and cognitive development. So why?

-----------------------------------

Richie Hawtin is my god.

the church and all other religious institutions were created to control people and get rich. though shalt not steal and other morals should come from within yourself and in your upbringing from your parents. in the immortal words of a great mortal, "music is the answer" not god.