Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Was everyone's FaVorite Experince @ LimeLight!?!?!

How are Fridays? I know that doesn't answer your question, but we were thinking of heading to Limelight & I hear Friday is better than Saturday -

I can tell you that Thursdays always sound fat as hell, but I always have to work on Fri.... D & B this Thurs @ Lime

i dont no? Cause i just got back to the city, and i havent been to limelight since the last disco 2000 party? LOL! And im going to all the old spots, and not likeing it, Exit sucked, Tunnel, is so diff, SF was ok

Miss CArbon? And Robots, |(for afterhours)

And Expo, Im gonna go to limeligh this friday i think? for my first time in 4 years

Scared to see how much it changed

The monthly Emergency Room nights @ Disco 2000. If you were there and got to see the doctor for a prescription, you went home in an ambulance.

I also think that Keoki was a pretty big influence as far as future music tastes and how I got addicted to it.

DJ REPEAT

ROB GEE

PETER THE GREAT

FRIDAYS IN THE YEAR OF 93

LORD MICHEALS

A PROMOTER THAT KNOWS GOOD MUSIC

(YEAH I TALKED ALL THAT YING YANG ABOUT STORM RAVE AND IF YOU WERE AROUND YOU KNEW THERE WAS MAJOR BEEF BETTWEEN FRANKIE BONES AND REPETE BUT TECHNO IS TECHNO AND I WAS THERE)

WHERE HAS PETE REPEAT BEEN THAT SELL OUT HERB

Hell Yeah!!

Disco 2000, Richie Rich and The Hot Body Contest

I remember one night, this chick was on stage and got butt naked and grabbed a

Blow-Pop from this kid standing in front of me and put it up her.... *Meow*

Then, she gave it back to him, he licked it and gave it back to her and she put it up her ass and gave it back to him and he ate it!!

That was sick!! Needless to say, she won the $500 that night.

I practically LIVED at Limelight from '94-'96 I was there Wednesday - Saturday almost every week.

Keoki

Junior

Corbett

Gonzo

Rob Gee

Ahhh The Memories!!!

Saturday nights at Limelight are really phat now. Corbett definately tears shit up!!

He had me on the floor all night this week!!

You old-Skool heads should definately check it out!!

Just say HAZE List at the door for reduced admission.

E-Mail me at HazeDG@Gateway.net for more info

Peace,

------------------

Darrell G.

HAZE Promotions
/>http://people.goplay.com/hazedg

Disco 2000 Every Wednesday. I haven't been back to LL since and I think I am afraid to. I miss the craziness, getting DRESSED to go to limelight, no glowsticks rolleyes.gif but Airplane lights. It'll never be the same. frown.gif

------------------

"Love is supposed to make you more than you were, not take things away..not close any doors"

Guest crystalmethodny

*shudder*

I'm having violent but rather pleasant flashbacks.

*drool*

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

dancing ALL night - "james brown is dead!"

crazy shows on stage - real "techno"

girls walking around with "candy" trays...

And lots of "did you see that?" Did I just see what I think I saw!!!!

lots of bass, from the speakers on the dance floor!

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by jaysea:

i dont no? Cause i just got back to the city, and i havent been to limelight since the last disco 2000 party? LOL! And im going to all the old spots, and not likeing it, Exit sucked, Tunnel, is so diff, SF was ok

Miss CArbon? And Robots, |(for afterhours)

And Expo, Im gonna go to limeligh this friday i think? for my first time in 4 years

Scared to see how much it changed

- you will be scared! and disappointed - just because it won't be what you remembered

BUT - they have done alot with the place, rooms and decor are cool - the building is the same, just chill and have deja vu

: )

HEY!! all the old school heads! Do you remember how limelight was never :cool" untill after michael started throwing his party there?

Everyone though it was a hot spot, when really no one wanted michael to throw it there, Because of peter,

WOW**

I'll Never forget this one night,

i meet James St James, in like 1991'

And we just ended up being in the same click

So i had new james for a few years, i think it was like 93" And me and him and like a bunch of us all went over to Palladium,

It was like Me, James, Astro,Linda love,

Michael,His little 15yr old boy friend,

and jenny,cybercunt, and like 10 little ravers, who we dressed all up!

And we walked up to the door @ palladium

all freaked up, i had a prom dress on, and big 15" platforms "and we were nasty as ever,

and the door guy was pissy, so james threw him a 8Ball of snow, and we walked in, and that was the beging of the End

Sat. at Limelight is definitely better than Fridays..Corbett is there on Saturdays...music is great...not your typical nyc synth sound....darker, more underground with an occassional anthem.....Friday is also a younger night!

Nicole

If it wasn't for Peter back then... no one right now would probably even know who Michael was....? maybe, maybe not... but on the other hand.. associating with Michael... might be just one of the things that landed Peter where it landed him... and had Michael not been attracting so much drugs to the club.. or for that fact killing people etc... maybe the clubs would still be fun today... and not have so much political pressure on them to close down etc....

Now thats another way to look at it,....

Corbett

Corbett,

Do u think that Michael Alig really had that much effect on the drugs in the Limlight and the same with Peter...come on that investigation was on way before Michael got in trouble...I am not defending Michael or Peter...also look at the other people Peter was employing such as Lord Micheal Caruso, probably one of the biggest pieces of trash in the city...he also had the Latin Kings chillin in there constantly...also TF members...these are not the type of people you want to hang around your place

Hey Suprstr02....

I didnt mean to say that Michael Alig was the ONLY person that had that affect... but he was definitely a major influence their.... of course Caruso, and Plenty of other people had ALOT to do with it.... but Michael was the flamboyant one... the one that stood out in the crowd... the club kid that everyone knew... so I think he had more of an affect on the public image with drugs etc... than the others...

Those were the good ole days of course... and many of us miss them.... but... we can't turn back now...

Corbett

Here's something for you old skool heads:

The end of the Earth is upon us

Pretty soon, it'll all turn to dust

So GET UP!!

Forget the past

Go outside and have a blast

Go a thousand miles in a jet airplane

Go out of your mind, Go INSANE!!! eek.gif

Ha Ha !!

Witchdoctor!! eek.gif

Those tracks definatley bring back some memories