Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl Cox is the MAN

Had to let everyone know- C. Cox ripped it uplike no other on Fri- OFF THE HOOK!!!!!

Twilo was the perfect atmosphere, the crowd was chill, and the beats were slammin!!!

Don't miss the next Cox party-

I love trance, and I had a better time here than at Sasha Digweed......

Anyone there also? - back me up onthis!

Carl Cox was absolutely, out of control, take you out of your gourd, f***ing AWESOME!!

I totally agree. I had a much better time last night than at Sasha & Digweed's party two weeks ago. I think the crowd had a LOT to do with that. Much more chill last night.

-e

Carl Cox's 2 Anniversary Set was Amazing! Much better than Sasha & Digweed 2 wks ago. Beautiful crowd..last night..wow! It's a shame that his contract wasn't renewed. The vibe and energy of the crowd was great...no one was sitting. Can't wait for PVD next week...see u on the dance floor.

Daphna

Thanks - sorry to hear Carl contract was not renewed. I thought Master's opening was amazing! Anyway, being somewhat new to the scene, anyone know where Carl and/or masters are going to spin or where I can go to hear similar?

Thanks

carl cox's 2nd anniversary was probably the best night that i have ever had twilo! i got there around 2 am, and the place was packed!

i was a bit disappointed at the crowd, it was a bit homogenous (was it me, or was EVERYONE wearing khakis and a black shirt, both men/women?), and i was wearing my lavendar wig, UFO skirt, sneakers, glowstix, whistle, pretty much ravered out (it was all about dancing at carl cox). but very friendly, chill crowd! mad people came up to me and just introduced themselves.

mark lewis and jim masters opened up with some pretty tight beats, i was surprised to hear a bit of funk, deep house, breakbeat, and even a bit of dnb, all mixed well with the ongoing 'ultimate b.a.s.e' that gives this party it's name.

i was a bit out of commission from 3-4 am b/c i had eaten shrooms and was a bit dazed and confused, so i was chillin out in the lounge area outside of the main dance floor, getting myself together. if you guys ever sit out there, if you look up, they have these weird drawings of people holding swirly circles, it was buggin me out!

but anyway, i digress! i finally got my ass on the dancefloor from 4-7:30 am! the place finally cleared out, and this is definitely when the music started to get mad hard. it was fuckin so tight, for the people that stayed. carl cox started to spin some hard trance, i heard a nice remix of "you're not alone", along with other trance anthems.

they were blowing that kryptogenics crap (however you spell it), it was tight! i wish that it would fill up more of the dancefloor, but it only blasts in the middle. the lights were on point, but i have one complaint; they have so many lights, that at some points it's TOO bright! it was a bit annoying at first, but the lights dimmed out at the end of the night.

and i met, i suppose, the grandma of twilo. she is this old woman, named lila (i believe), and she is all ravered out! with piercings, platform shoes, wig, everything. what a sweet woman, i was dancing with her for a lil bit too. smile.gif did you guys see her? haha.

well overall, it was good night. i wanted to head out to tunnel for the rave, did anyone go? i want to hear about that. i hope everyone else at carl cox had a good time also! it was so tight. smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

I have to agree and am soooooooooo glad my friends asked me to try Twilo! But the great Jim Masters opening and Carl Cox set creates a new problem. Unless I follow Carl around where can I go and expect to hear similar music on a somewhat (ok - some nights are better than others) basis?

Thoughts?

It was a good one Nolimit.... at the crowbar.. bloody missed my name on the CD cover though. At the begining they took everybodies names and printed some of them on the cover.

The thing about CC is try and find the mixes of tunes he plays... it's very difficult.

Yeh it was a little bit in between. I havent listened to the hour that they used on the CD yet. Lots of the harder Ultimate base sound with very hard to find mixes of house classics mixed in.

But he rocked it.

Carl Cox... bringing it back home.

Are you going to WMC next year nolimit?

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 07-18-2000).]

Carl Cox is my fave. I think he's the world's number 1. I've been to all of his shows during his two years at Twilo and I'm saddened that his contract was not renewed. Unfortunately the party doesn't draw the crowds that S+D and PVD do. On a good note Carl promised me he would back and not to worry. No specifics from him, but I'm sure he'll be back at Twilo for guest spots.

b2b,

Ofcourse I'll be at WMC. I'm a miami native that has been going steadily since '94.

I remember being at a Twisted party featuring Danny Tenaglia. My friend and I were probably the only locals there.

Only 50 people attended but we all the time of our lives.

This past March, the party moved from Groove Jet to Space and it was 3,000 strong.

That goes to show you how much bigger dance music is today than 10 years ago.

I'm actually trying to sort out a Monday poolside party w/ upcoming djs along w/ a special surprise. It's still in the works, but the planning has already started.

b2b,

Ofcourse I'll be at WMC. I'm a miami native that has been going steadily since '94.

I remember being at a Twisted party featuring Danny Tenaglia. My friend and I were probably the only locals there.

This past March, the party moved from Groove Jet to Space and it was 3,000 strong.

I'm actually trying to sort out a Monday poolside party w/ upcoming djs along w/ a special surprise. It's still in the works, but the planning has already started.

b2b,

Cool, i am just organising renting a house for the week. Were going to be running some pool parties too, you better get yourself down there icon12.gif .

Swap an invit for an invite icon12.gif .

Well that is if we can find a nice house less than $7000 for the week icon11.gif .

So do you know somewhere where we can rent some 1's & 2's?