Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who remembers "real"techno

I'm bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher,there is no other... I'm the one and only dominator!

--james brown is dead

--the witchdoctor

what was everyones favorite tracks?

dj repete used to spin back in the day..

[This message has been edited by trinity23 (edited 07-18-2000).]

I enjoyed mushy gerber food when I was a baby.

The music has progressed a lot, but the original "rave" tracks lacked a lot in the music dept. Sad thing is that most of the current tracks at raves aren't much better.

SIne you're in LA now, I used to hear James brown is dead on 105.9 KPWR Power 106 way back when. What stuff are they playing now?

it actually used to be a decent station with a great old house/disco mix on sunday afternoons

Originally posted by Randy:

SIne you're in LA now, I used to hear James brown is dead on 105.9 KPWR Power 106 way back when. What stuff are they playing now?

it actually used to be a decent station with a great old house/disco mix on sunday afternoons

power 106 plays mainstream hip hop now... : (

- sundays they still do go old skool not too much disco though.

there are a couple of stations that have slots for electronic music but not much...

so you left LA for hoboken? I grew up on L.I

then upper east side - wanted to check out LA for a while... it's fun for now!

peace

I moved to dc in 93 just a few months before the northridge quake rialed the area. Quakes are cool smile.gif

I'm entering my 4th year of college this fall. If I don't stay in NYC after I graduation I might move back west. The clubs are all here, but JBL is back there smile.gif The all you can eat soup/salad places are cool too. Magic Moutnain has some memories...............

Seconding B2B's comment. Detroit was, is and always will be the home of Techno as we define it.

Most of my tastes were semi-industrial:

Front 242, early Praga, Lords of Acid, Frontline Assembly.

Life was...interesting back then.

------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are the music makers,

and we are the dreamers of dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Real Techno is not "James Brown is dead" that's the beginning of the NYC progressive sound. Real Techno was created by people like Juan Atkins, Kevin Sauderson, Derrick May , Derrick Carter, Jeff Mills and many others from Detroit. FYI.

------------------

Nestor

"That's House!"

Originally posted by republix:

INSOMIAC -DJPC

Dominator -Human Resource

This is Mother fucker- digital Boy

Prodigy -Charly <---- still AMAZING!!

Keoki spun this stufff @ Disco 2000 back in '92 anyone used to go?

THOSE ARE THE SONGS THAT WILL STICK IN MY HEAD FOREVER

I was only 16 attending the limelight for Disco2000 and future shock Fridays

Remember new years 93 to 94

Rob Gee live

repeat

Originally posted by Nestor:

Real Techno is not "James Brown is dead" that's the beginning of the NYC progressive sound. Real Techno was created by people like Juan Atkins, Kevin Sauderson, Derrick May , Derrick Carter, Jeff Mills and many others from Detroit. FYI.

i am sooooooo aware of that but James Brown is dead was the first song i ever heard

i want a mixed tape with all of those old commercial techno songs like insomniac-dominator and james brown is dead

you want to go back in the 70's

KRAFTWERK

trans europe express

numbers

tour de france

autobaun

europe endless

they were the originals

(when people mention detriot they always leave out

Eddie "Flashing" Fowlkes

WHY

he is OLD SCHOOL

and he is the man)

INSOMIAC -DJPC

Such memories...I went every Wednesday night religously, I would purposely plan to have NO Class on Thursdays. Did you have Airplane lights? Anyone remember Mayday (I forget who did it)? House of God and Little Fluffy Clouds. The ORIGINAL It's a Fine Day. Bring it BACK!

------------------

"Love is supposed to make you more than you were, not take things away..not close any doors"

INSOMIAC -DJPC

Such memories...I went every Wednesday night religously, I would purposely plan to have NO Class on Thursdays. Did you have Airplane lights? Anyone remember Mayday (I forget who did it)? House of God and Little Fluffy Clouds. The ORIGINAL It's a Fine Day. Bring it BACK!

------------------

"Love is supposed to make you more than you were, not take things away..not close any doors"

Originally posted by Nestor:

*************probably true, I should have

said "real techno" as far as I know, I only started so early, my mom didn't spin records at home so I only got to Limelight so early. I usually only speak from my own experiences.. Seriously, Thanks for filling me in though...

peace!