Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Ibiza Review

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you DO want good restaurant recommendations, I'd be happy to oblige. One restaurant I have gone to each of the last five years is Las Dos Lunas. If you're going with your bf or gf, it's very romantic. It's a beautiful place. It's also just about two hundred feet down the highway from Amnesia, so go there on a Thursday before the Cream party. I know the restaurant's owner from Miami, where he used to own part of Amnesia there as well as a couple of restaurants.

By the way, no one has mentioned El Divino. Does it suck this year? Are there no good parties there anymore? I thought they did a great job redesigning the space last year to make the dance floor larger. I was there the first year it opened and the dance floor could only accomodate less than a thousand people. But it was a great place, right on the water at the Paseo Maritimo. Now they've increased the dance floor by cutting back on the restaurant area. It always attracts a beautiful crowd. Moneypennys did there party there. I don't remember if Slinky did as well. I don't think so.

From the looks of it, I'm guessing this is a San An crowd on the boards here. I did that my first year, but then moved to Ibiza town because I found it's cheaper to rent an apt. if you're going for more than one week. Plus it's closer to Salinas. My friends and I are probably going to rent a house this time around. Can I get a survey from everyone as to what types of accomodations they've used over the years in Ibiza and where?

macboy, Miss MoneyPenny, Paradise and MTV Dance Floor Charts are doing their events at El Divino. I just didn't get a chance to go there . .. maybe next year. As for San Antonio . . . well, that's where the sunset is and the candies as well, so it's not all that bad . . . besides the drunk kids that is.

This was my first year, so I stayed in a hotel in Ibiza town. It was a beautiful hotel, but hopefully next year we can get enough people together and do a villa thing, right B2B?? bounce.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"The certain proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe

is that no one has bothered to make contact with us."

The villa thing is on BlueAngle just need numbers?!?!

If your interested mail me davids909@hotmail.com for info.

macboy,

El Divino was great last year they have made some changes (slightly more space to dance). I went to Miss Moneypennys last year, which was one of my best nights. But it's not for everybody, sometime it can be a little pretentious.

As you have said the villa's are definatley the best place to stay (you can stay away from the English then). And they work out just a cheep if theer is a few of you. More taxi's are needed but they are faily cheep in Ibiza.

Role on next September.

Macboy,

What's the name of that restaurant owner in Miami? I know a co-owner of Joia named Nicola Siervo. Is that him?

Fine dining? How about having dinner in the garden? They have plenty of those type of restaurants in St Getrudis. Only a few miles away from the old town. Be prepared to stay for awhile as the spaniards take dining as an experience.

NO Taxis. Rent a Vespa. Trust me. At the end of the week it will have cost each of you much less than taxis. Cost me and my gf about $12 per day and seats two people. I would only recommend against them if you think you'll still be rolling at 8 AM. It takes us to the clubs, then to Salinas, then back to the apt, then back to the clubs again. And it's easy to park. It's almost impossible to find parking for a car if you get to a club after 2:30.

I realize people have died there in the past. But if you remember, at least with respect to last year's spike in the number of deaths, it was people trying to cross the street to catch a bus to go home at 6am or so. These were still heavily medicated blokes who were in no condition to be walking around on a highway. Like I said, if you're still rolling, don't get on a vespa. As for me, I'm always straight by 8 am. I've never has a problem. Obviously, it's a longer ride from San An to Priv and Amnesia, than it is from Ibiza town, but we've never had a problem. I've never felt unsafe. C'mon, it's only a few miles!

No limit, his name is Maximo, and he used to own the now-defunct Bang. I heard he was opening a new place in SoBe, but I won't know what it is until I hit Ibiza in September. As for St. Gertrudis, Amalur is my favorite restaurant in that area, but Can Pau is also good. My first year in Ibiza, all I did was hit those sidewalk restaurants in San An and I regretted it. There really are so many wonderful restaurants to eat at over there. Trust me everyone , there's plenty of time for clubbing there. Take the time out for a good meal once or twice on your trip.

Now on another note, can we also discuss pre-clubbing bars? What have people liked or disliked? I think this will help give a broader picture to those that haven't been there. I hit M5 a lot, which was out of the way, near the airport, but was pretty fun. Also, I don't know if they're doing it this summer, but there were weekend parties at Cala Jondal, near Salinas. Different crowd, many locals, but you meet the people who may be working the door, serving your drinks, or even spinning at the many clubs on the island. Loved that.

Pacha has allot of tables I will give you that, but it's a Spanish socialite club. It goes off in there big time on a good night.

Remember I told you before you went that Gatecrasher wouldn't get on there because the crowd would't fit in? Could see it comming.

strange how you think Europeans can't dance... guess what the perception of american dancing is in Europe. would just like to say I was at Fabric in London on Saturday night and Sasha was really pulling it off there. Is his Twilo set really that bad???

Space in Ibiza is my favorite club since the day I walked in there in summer 97 and witnessed one of the most amazing parties I have ever been to.

Some say that the eauropeans can't dance and can't move, but shit, they can sure party. I met some 5 star generals roaming around the place.

I found that my second time to Ibiza the following summer was a hell of a lot better. I knew where I was going and I didn't wear myself out like I did the first year.

The second, third, ... time around always tops the time before.

Sorry, haven't had much time to post lately. Good to see you and your bf there Blue. I made it to New York today so I'll be in touch this week.

Ibiza is brilliant, but I think the more "real Ibiza" is Space. I ended up just quitting going to the other clubs and getting to Space at 8 am every morning when the afterparties started.

As for the gear, well I got the best I've ever had there and also had some pretty weak stuff. Depends where you get it. You have to know someone to get the good stuff.

That S and D set was the best DJ set I've ever heard. Then Sasha came to Hungary on Friday and had an off night. I see what you mean now Blue about same beat for hours getting boring. I had never heard him play like that before. He got it going for the last 1.5 hrs of a 5 hour set, but my energy had already worn off a lot.

I got the inevitable cold after the last couple of weeks, feeling like sh@t today. If I'm better I'll try to make it to Twilo on Friday, we'll see.

Anyway, see all you guys soon.

JohnB

I think Sasha's Twilo sets are amazing. Then again, I love dark progressive house (which he has been playing more of these days). I wasn't lucky enough to hear his second set two weeks ago, because I had to leave early.

Either way Digweed is THE MAN at Twilo!!

Nolimit, I agree with you there. I liked Space alot too. The vibe there was the best out of all the other.

BlueAngel

------------------

"The certain proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe

is that no one has bothered to make contact with us."

Hey blue angel,

Great review you gave there. Have a few questions about the island though that maybe you or some others could help out with...

Mind if I ask about how much you dropped for this whole trip? I mean, $8 for water...that's nuts? Was thinking of going and wondering how much $$$ would a person need to stay, etc...

Also, I know it's Europe, but is all the music at the clubs mostly trance or is that just what you went for? I've heard a bunch of the DJ's you went to see and am not a fan of them. Is that all that's there??

Do more people drink or were people rolling there too? Was it all over like people say?

Last one...would you go back? Or is it, seen it once and that's it?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance and glad you had a good time!

addaboy

yup I'm up for a barjob for the rest of my life. and I can make spanish drinks like kalimocho (red wine & coke - yes I know it sounds disgusting but you should try it.... there's only one reason why the Spanish run with bulls around the streets of pamplona and kalimocho is it....)

start looking B2B.....

Count me in too! I make a mean kamikaze and I'm trinlingual so I'll help with all the international clubgoers...Ooo...hehe, I wonder what my parents would say if I called them to say I quit and am going to Ibiza for the rest of my natural life...hehe

No not all are that cheap. Depends wher they are, the one we usually get is really near Amnesia & privelege so it's ideal.

The villa in the third picture costs $7000 for two weeks.

http://www.festivetravel.com/intro1.htm

The more people you take obviousley the better. Yeh if your going in September book early or you may have to take a second choice.

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 07-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 07-19-2000).]