Clubplanet Nightlife Community

O&A or Howard Stern ?????

The last few times I have listened to Howard ihave not cracked a smile.

Meanwhile, O & A had a public sex competition last friday.

Howard has a team of people kissing his ass on the air. Anthony carries the show while OPie tags along. I think Spaz contributes more on the air

I guess O & A is just in NYC because we dont get them in Philly. I actually never have even heard of them. I dont know what I would do without Howard in the mornings at work however. It sounds like they are Howard rip-offs. Im surprised I havent heard him talk about them two yet.

I definitely agree w/everyone here, mostly. Howard totally paved the way and in some aspects O&A are ripping him off but they are also developing their own things and are funny as hell. I don't get to listen to either that much anymore but I used to laugh my ass off in the car on the way home listening to O&A. I can't say that happens that often w/Howard anymore, although he does have his moments. biggrin.gif

O&A are serious Howard rip offs and at first I hated them for it. Now they are growing on me and I find them really funny. I'm all for public sex competitions!

------------------

"I love the things that we should fear"

O&A are serious Howard rip offs and at first I hated them for it. Now they are growing on me and I find them really funny. I'm all for public sex competitions!

------------------

"I love the things that we should fear"

Originally posted by muthaload:

I guess O & A is just in NYC because we dont get them in Philly. I actually never have even heard of them. I dont know what I would do without Howard in the mornings at work however. It sounds like they are Howard rip-offs. Im surprised I havent heard him talk about them two yet.

Contractually neither Stern or O&A can really speak about each other. O&A just mentioned that about week ago. Anytime Sterns name comes up on their show, they clam up. Have no idea what's that all about though.

------------------

When it's all said and done, we've still got the music.

Many people argue that fact that O&A ripped Howard off. I think they pulled a Microsoft. Took someone elses stuff and perfected it "including the Blue Screens".

For those who don't know. 'O&A 102.7' Stern of course 92.3(The old KTU) owned by the same company. Just stirring up shit. tongue.gif

------------------

It's all in the music

Originally posted by Quest:

Contractually neither Stern or O&A can really speak about each other. O&A just mentioned that about week ago. Anytime Sterns name comes up on their show, they clam up. Have no idea what's that all about though.

I am surprised that Howards fans dont bring them up when they call in.

How many years have O&A been on in NYC now? I remember hearing them about 2 years ago in the afternoon & I was psyched because they used to be on up here in Boston. They got fired a couple years back because they announced (on April Fools Day) that the mayor was dead & he was pretty pissed...anyway now the radio station that used to have them has gone way down hill & their competition (who carries Stern in the morning) does the best of O&A sometimes....so I guess if I was still living down there I'd have to say O&A!!

------------------

"Close your eyes & dance like no one is watching"

Guest danmoro

Howard is definitely a legend and the king of all media but I think it's time for him to hang it up. His shit is so used up, he hasn't had anything new and funny on in a long, long time.

O&A are funny about 25% of the time they are on. Just my opinion.

------------------

Dan

Originally posted by Keebler:

You can't even compare the two. Howard is a legend who changed the face of radio. O&A are doing the things Howard was doing 15 years ago. If it wasn't for Howard, O&A would still be doing college radio.

HOWARD IS DEFINITELY A LEGEND

AND O&A GAVE HIM PROPS ON THAT NUMEROUS TIMES

AS FOR THEM RIPPING THINGS OFF FROM HOWARD 15 YEARS AGO?

SHIT I WAS NOT AROUND TO HEAR HOWARD 15 YEARS AGO, BUT FROM THE TIMES HE TAKES HIS MONTH VACATIONS, AND THEY PLAY BEST OF'S

THEY ARE NOT GETTING MATERIAL FROM

THE (RADIO EDIT)ARCHIVES

BESIDES IF THEY WERE JESUS ANTHONY WOULD JUST MAKE 10 TIMES MORE FUNNIER

------------------

TECHNO MUSIC

more fun than 4 hookers and an 8-ball of coke

Youre all right when you say Howard paved the way for O + A....theyre funnier, plus, howard has more commercials than show. as for my commute to work, its 30 minutes, i catch 10 min of the show and switch to my CD player cuz teh commmercial breaks are 15-20 min long...

WNEW is nothing without Opie and anthony. the other shows mostly suck and they had zero market share before opie and anthony showed up 2 years ago.

if its not syndicated where you live, listen to it on the web...its worth it most of the time...theyre funny...

obviously since both stations are owned by inifinity broadcasting, now part of that viacom merger thing, they wont talk about each other....they simply cant bash each other and kill market share for both companies....of course if they were working for different companies, theyd compete head to head in the same time slot.

I listen to both at work. O&A are younger and funnier now. Howard's just not a real person anymore and it takes away from his show. O&A generally have something that will make me laugh out loud at least once a show, which is saying a lot. Also, you might want to check out the Radio Chick before O&A. It's a funny show that's coming into it's own. Good people on there.

radio chickis decent, i hear it when i g o out to lunch but you have to admit that the content and topics are definitely more oriented towards women than men...nothing wrong with that just pointing it out, unlinke o and a and howard...naked chicks and lesbians and all that good stuff...