Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any word on the autopsy from Twilo

Does anyone know if they found the cause of death from that kid at Twilo?? I refuse to believe he od'd on e alone. I dont believe in it. I bet it was a mix of that and K and he had a heart condition and heat exhaustion. Regardless they are gonna use this as ammo against e to create a real negative image.

This death is a horrible thing..and I feel for the guy's friends, family..etctec..

But does anyone else besides me think it's a bit ironic.. that a "PRE MEDICAL" student from Johns Hopkins (which is a VERY hard school to get in to) over did it..

I'm just thinking...that someone like this..who must be intelligent and have studied the human body would have been able to realize what is "too much" mixing up their stuff...but apparently not..

Not ironic at all...my uncle is a cardiologistguess what he drinks for fun....he has a job because people die from heart disease and he works 14 hours a day most of the time, is rich as hell yet enjoys mass quantities of alcohol...hes pretty damn smart too.....unfortunately these "vices" as people call them are hard to let go i guess.

I completely agree that it was way too hot at twilo on friday. On top of that, I don't think I've ever seen it that crowded. Your thoughts?

Oh and this is a bit off the topic, but I thought I might ask, if you don't mind, what did you think of the new dj booth vs. the old one?

Guest blckraven

All I can say is I feel bad for his family. I hope that this a sad reminder to all that drugs are safe. Once in while is ok I used to think, considering all the crap that is masquerading out there as X, best thing to do is to stay away or to start testing like how they do in England. As a Twilo regular, i was in shocked how hot it was in there. I was sweating standing still. Normally I dance for 5 plus hours. That night I barely dance 1 hour total. I kept telling my younger friend to stop dancing , go wash up , drink water and cool down.

way too humid and low oxygen.

The new DJ booth to the old one? Well for a DJ it's pretty good. They're up high, good view of the crowd - have a sense that they're really in control - like a flight control tower. They don't have to worry about people spilling, or handing over records or pens to autogrpah directly over the tables. I remember someone handed Sasha a record to sign one night over the tables and my heart skipped a beat hoping the record wouldn't be dropped and fuck up the music! But for the Twilo and DJ wannabe regulars, they can't seem to get that close and personal feeling they used to get when they could stand or tip-toe to peek at the masters in work. I guess the new setup is out weighed in favor of the DJ. Even Digweed can take a shite now. There's a tiolet right behind the booth. Anybody see it?

Here's a question - what about all the artwork and illustrations all over the place? I don't get it. It gives the place a new attitude that I don't think exactly belongs there.

rschnabel, i couldn't agree with you more in the sense that the new booth is definitely better for the DJ. I mean if you were there last friday for pvd you saw how into the music he got as compared to when he was there in may. a much more serious pvd. i like the new booth, but at the same time i loved the old one b/c i got to watch them do their thing up close and personal. now for those new drawing/painting things. . .i just don't get it. it really doesn't match the vibe/style of the place. i'm really not so into the drawings they had hanging in the sno-cone/coat room. i don't know if i even like the painting on the new booth. why didn't they just keep it simple and black. i really am just confused about those paintings, i'm glad you brought it up. maybe someone could shed some light on this topic. btw, if you were there in may, did you like those squigly, colorful things that were floating everywhere. i personally like them better than those white boxes/cubes that they have up. your thoughts?

ad

rschnabel, i couldn't agree with you more in the sense that the new booth is definitely better for the DJ. I mean if you were there last friday for pvd you saw how into the music he got as compared to when he was there in may. a much more serious pvd. i like the new booth, but at the same time i loved the old one b/c i got to watch them do their thing up close and personal. now for those new drawing/painting things. . .i just don't get it. it really doesn't match the vibe/style of the place. i'm really not so into the drawings they had hanging in the sno-cone/coat room. i don't know if i even like the painting on the new booth. why didn't they just keep it simple and black. i really am just confused about those paintings, i'm glad you brought it up. maybe someone could shed some light on this topic. btw, if you were there in may, did you like those squigly, colorful things that were floating everywhere. i personally like them better than those white boxes/cubes that they have up. your thoughts?

ad

Hmmm....I thought this post was regarding the autopsy report on the dude who passed away last Friday...

Though, I do have to say those paintings give an extremely weird feel to the place, esp. in the morning when you're all messed up. Its almost like you're having an illegal rave in a museum or something!

The characters in that first room you walk into look like they belong in Applebee's or some cheesy restaurant, not a club. It would be nice if they had some trippy graphics instead... Like the circle silk screens they used to have at Tunnel - Is it true they brought those back?