Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SAY GOODBYE TO NAPSTER!

Napster's servers were shutdown. There are renagade servers that serve the same purpose. You can modify your napster to use their servers. I will postthe servers and instructions on how to do it.

------------------

Everything will be perfect .... tonight and forever....

I will miss napster... frown.gif

But don't forget...we still have Gnutella.. smile.gif..spinfrenzy...and many other file sharing programs smile.gif

-J

------------------

Music is the answer...to your problems...:)...smoknjilly@aol.com

oh well...who cares...napster was a good thing, it's funny how things change when you have money, I mean look at how these artists started...kinda like dj's handing out promo tapes/cd's etc. I remember how mc hammer would sell out of the back of his car his demo tapes, he made 33 million of his first album, granted he's broke as all hell now...don't forget where you've come from...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

I don't believe for a second that this will happen: but does this mean that everyone will have to go back to buying vinyl like me?

Wow, there's a thought...DJ's having to SPEND MONEY on music that shapes their style.

I've got this little prick who comes to my dj booth every week, writes down my records, and downloads them. Cheap bastard.

Call me a old fu(k, but I still think vinyl sounds better.

Originally posted by DJMAGZ:

They lost the supreme court ruling so they will be shut down immediately

:P

Dschwed definitely knows what he's talking about. I've been using Napigator for a long time now and there a lot of servers where you can download mp3's. Napster may be dead but it really doesnt matter because we can still download off of all of the opennap servers. If we all go to www.napigator.com and get it will be like napster never got shutdown.

------------------

"Life is but a dream

within a dream"

That's ridiculous.

You cannot stop technology with justice decision.

For the industry who wants to make money by selling music, Napster was good because it was overground. Now the music sharing will go underground and there will be no way for the industry to klnow what's being shared. Metallica is going to suffer from this (I hope), a lots of bootlegs should surface very soon.

New software like Gnutella and other non centralized software are gonna take over and there's no way to keep track of what is exchanged with those software.

MP3 is not CD quality but soon, bandwidth will get higher and codex will become more efficients and it will be possible to share real cd quality music in real time over the net.

It's already possible to compress a dvd to a cd. Movies are going to be shared in the same way as MP3s are.

The record industry and movie industry have no clue of what's hapenning on the net. There is no way to stop technological progress. If they want to still get money with this, they have to work with the technology not against it.

They will eventually catch up but it's going to be a juridical mess before that. Lawyers are going to fest.

Support the artists, screw the industry.

Plur,

Joël S.

Message to the Napster Community from Hank Barry, CEO:

source: napster.com

As you know, the recording industry has sued Napster in order to shut us down. Wednesday in federal court, the Judge issued an order that basically would have the effect of shutting down the Napster service as it currently exists.

We will appeal the Judge's ruling to the Court of Appeals and will ask the Court of Appeals this morning to stay the Judge's order during the appeal.

If we do not get a stay, then we have until midnight Friday to comply with the Judge's order. Although we strongly and firmly disagree with the Judge's decision, we will comply with that decision if it is not stayed.

The Judge's ruling is essentially this: that one-to-one non-commercial file sharing violates the law.

We will fight this ruling in a variety of ways to keep the Napster community growing and strong. We will keep you informed and we will ask for your help. Please check our web site and our application for updates and what you can do.

We intend to see this through in every venue, in every court. We believe in Napster and we believe in the Napster community. Thank you for your support.

View the archived webcast of CEO Hank Barry and Founder Shawn Fanning's resonse to Judge Patel's ruling here.

[This message has been edited by JoelS (edited 07-28-2000).]