Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anybody know why johnny viscious has sucked lately?????

I heard Vicious this past Thursday at this club in LI. I've never really heard him spin before, but I've heard mixed reviews. My opinion....he's inconsistent. There were times when he'd dish out some slammin' beats, but then he'd kill it a couple of minutes later. He did seem to get better as the night progressed though.

vicious can't mix for shit, true. but i like his track selection. i was there the first week and he was bustin out some good joints. not the same garbage that everyone wants to hear in every other club. maybe thats why he's getting mixed reviews, everyone wants to hear the whitney houston 45 minute remix garbage they play at factory. he plays a lot of imports and people just don't wanna hear it. its' fine w/ me cuz i love his track selection and will continue to hear him spin.

my $.02

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 09-04-2000).]

i was at tunnel and he blew ass. it was these shitty trance drum beats hed play over and over agian. nothing special at all. i hope it doesnt keep up. i mean what the hell is going on? i wish they would just switch exits djs with tunnel djs, then the world would be such a better place..

-cory

------------------

"My penis is probably most likley a 100% bigger than yours"

Originally posted by calvinlicious:

i was at tunnel and he blew ass. it was these shitty trance drum beats hed play over and over agian. nothing special at all. i hope it doesnt keep up. i mean what the hell is going on? i wish they would just switch exits djs with tunnel djs, then the world would be such a better place..

-cory

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ROTFLMFAO!!!!

switch exit's dj w/ tunnel. that was great.

seriously though, that is such a good idea. the music at tunnel would be soooooooo good if they did that rolleyes.gif

-Rob

------------------

I was at Tunnel Saturday, Exit on Sunday...I gotta say though---in the personality deparment Tunnel beats Exit hands down. It gives you a total different feel when you compare the two. No matter who's spinning.

As for Vicious--he's got his moments. Love most of his track selection.

spikes, very true. i think if he manages to get his mixing skills together somewhat then tunnel would be perfect.

i also wish we could turn it into an afterhours joint once again. i don't like having no choice for afterhours on saturday nite other then factory. can't get my friends to hit twilo on saturday cuz of the large gay pop. i would love tunnel to run late into the morning cuz then afterhours on saturday wouldnt' be so repetitive w/ jp. i could mix it up and hear vicious one night, and jp the other.

oh well. maybe in the fall the party will pick up.

-Rob

------------------

I dont know if anyone heard Johnnys show (level 5 ktu)But it was the bomb. I think the trouble latley is that tunnel is a new party,and there are a lot of changes occuring in club music today the climate is changing as well as the "Genres" of the

music(ie Trance,house,progressive tribal)things are getting blended and stripped as occours every few yrs or so. Its a matter of finding your vibe as a dj or an artist or a producer and building on it. Johnny has been around since the beginning,his infuences are many (MANY)hes working out the kinks at his first NY residency in a while..grow and experiment w/ him or dont.He deserves respect and a little time to get comfortable in his new home. My advice ? Dont sleep on Johnny Vicious.

i definetly agree voice.

the party's only been running for 3 weeks now. people need to give it a little time before they give up. i mean opening in the summer is not the easiest thing in the world to do, since the majority of people other than the tourists are at the shore.

give vicious some time to feel out the crowd and create his own vibe. imo, people who don't wanna hear all the same whitney and deborah remix's are gonna see that they can go to tunnel for a change.

-Rob

------------------

i agree artful, he has slamming tracks like hurricane. whats his fucking problem. My bro is 17 and can mix better and has better records. and why doesnt he play his own records, hey let me go to another club to hear JV joints when JV ius spinning live. how hard is that

------------------

i only speak the truth

peace

and another thing, if youre a dj why would you not try your hardest, to me thats your job and youre soppose to perform,, i understand you can have a bad night no one will blame you for that. but please give it your best effort

------------------

i only speak the truth

peace

Originally posted by msoprano13:

and another thing, if youre a dj why would you not try your hardest, to me thats your job and youre soppose to perform,, i understand you can have a bad night no one will blame you for that. but please give it your best effort

What makes you hink this guy packs all his records gets in a cab and hauls his ass to the club JUST to slack? Are you kidding me??

We just said its NEW there hasnt been the same crowd there for three weeks? Different people evry week.. Let him catch a vibe for God sake,New room new system Jeez. Also as a Dj Who wants to play all ur own shit If you wanna hear Veronica go to Abyss,NJ, Johnny is a deep deep man Let him get comfortable he DOES work hard and Im sure hes aware of what his JOB is, Hes there and your brother is not.

"ALWAYS remember the Music"

[This message has been edited by voice (edited 09-05-2000).]

Originally posted by msoprano13:

i agree artful, he has slamming tracks like hurricane. whats his fucking problem. My bro is 17 and can mix better and has better records. and why doesnt he play his own records, hey let me go to another club to hear JV joints when JV ius spinning live. how hard is that

*Yawn*

Believe me, I'm sure Johnny Vicious knows what to play and when to play it.. Everyone bitches about mixing skills.. I bet more then half of you bitching couldnt get a record on beat if you sat there for an hour.. I BET half of you are so fucked up that you couldnt even tell if he was off on a mix.. All you Tunnel patrons bitch and complain that Tunnel needed a new and good dj.. Now they finally have one, and you STILL bitch and complain.. Maybe it's not the Tunnel, or the dj, maybe it's just impossible for you to go out and enjoy yourselves.. MAYBE you should stay home or MAYBE you should find something else to do on your weekends..

BTW Tony Soprano, Hurricane is well over a year old.. Did you know that?? Did you know djs are supposed to stay ON TOP of the new releases, to keep the people comming back?? Sure an older track is fine to throw in every now and then, but you gotta understand that Johnny Vicious gets tons and tons of new and amazing records a week.. Go to his record store once a week and see for yourself..

So you think your 17 year old brother has a better reocrd collection, and better mixing skills then Johnny Vicious, who has been producing and spinning for probably 2/3 of your brothers life?? I would really love to hear him play.. Where does he spin??

As for him playing his own productions.. Are you on top of his remixes?? I have friends that went saturday and heard him play his Dido remix, his Technotronic remix and a few others that I cant remember ( I'll get back to you ).. He does play his own shit.. Maybe your unaware of it because it's not Lula or SRC or any other JV remix gone ktu..

I listened to his set on the radio saturday night.. If he spun anything like that in the Tunnel then the music was definitely proper..

Tracks I remember from his set..

Dido - ?? Forgot the name ( his OWN remix )

Technotronic - P.U.T.J. ( his OWN remix )

Beam vs Cyrus - Thunder In Paradise

Olive - You're Not Alone ( 2000 White lable Remix )

A new Zombie Nation remix ( heard its a Dj Escape mix.. MUCH better then the original, and sounds nothing like it.. )

Russian Mafia - Go

And a whole hour of classics done properly.. And his mixing was fine.. No complaints..

Go ahead, lets get started.. rolleyes.gif

------------------

Something's Gonna Happen, Something Wonderful..

Again people, the dj feeds and reads of the crowd. If the crowd is wack, which is ussual for the tunnel, then the dj is not going to be at his best. End of this topic.

very simplae thing, Bad crowd + no vibe = dj not playing his best.

------------------

YOU WANT THE TRUTH, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

i did know that hurricane was welllover a year old. and this is a public forum and we both have the right to say what we want. but i do know what i like to listen to and what type of music i like. i didnt know that everone in the world like the same thing. that would be odd wouldnt it

------------------

i only speak the truth

peace

Originally posted by tranza:

*Yawn*

Believe me, I'm sure Johnny Vicious knows what to play and when to play it.. Everyone bitches about mixing skills.. I bet more then half of you bitching couldnt get a record on beat if you sat there for an hour.. I BET half of you are so fucked up that you couldnt even tell if he was off on a mix.. All you Tunnel patrons bitch and complain that Tunnel needed a new and good dj.. Now they finally have one, and you STILL bitch and complain.. Maybe it's not the Tunnel, or the dj, maybe it's just impossible for you to go out and enjoy yourselves.. MAYBE you should stay home or MAYBE you should find something else to do on your weekends..

BTW Tony Soprano, Hurricane is well over a year old.. Did you know that?? Did you know djs are supposed to stay ON TOP of the new releases, to keep the people comming back?? Sure an older track is fine to throw in every now and then, but you gotta understand that Johnny Vicious gets tons and tons of new and amazing records a week.. Go to his record store once a week and see for yourself..

So you think your 17 year old brother has a better reocrd collection, and better mixing skills then Johnny Vicious, who has been producing and spinning for probably 2/3 of your brothers life?? I would really love to hear him play.. Where does he spin??

As for him playing his own productions.. Are you on top of his remixes?? I have friends that went saturday and heard him play his Dido remix, his Technotronic remix and a few others that I cant remember ( I'll get back to you ).. He does play his own shit.. Maybe your unaware of it because it's not Lula or SRC or any other JV remix gone ktu..

I listened to his set on the radio saturday night.. If he spun anything like that in the Tunnel then the music was definitely proper..

Tracks I remember from his set..

Dido - ?? Forgot the name ( his OWN remix )

Technotronic - P.U.T.J. ( his OWN remix )

Beam vs Cyrus - Thunder In Paradise

Olive - You're Not Alone ( 2000 White lable Remix )

A new Zombie Nation remix ( heard its a Dj Escape mix.. MUCH better then the original, and sounds nothing like it.. )

Russian Mafia - Go

And a whole hour of classics done properly.. And his mixing was fine.. No complaints..

Go ahead, lets get started.. rolleyes.gif

TRANZA!!! Thank God Bro!! Everybody is a DJ they can tell ya what to play and how to play it,but only from the dance floor Love you Love you!! Check out my other post.

maybe i picked a bad night and i never said i knew how to mix, but the people speak for a reason. i went to the tunnel on july 28 when JV was originally soppose to be there. the music was off the hook and everybody was dancing. what can i say but i know what i like, just like you know what you like

------------------

i only speak the truth

peace

Originally posted by voice:

I dont know if anyone heard Johnnys show (level 5 ktu)But it was the bomb. I think the trouble latley is that tunnel is a new party,and there are a lot of changes occuring in club music today the climate is changing as well as the "Genres" of the

music(ie Trance,house,progressive tribal)things are getting blended and stripped as occours every few yrs or so. Its a matter of finding your vibe as a dj or an artist or a producer and building on it. Johnny has been around since the beginning,his infuences are many (MANY)hes working out the kinks at his first NY residency in a while..grow and experiment w/ him or dont.He deserves respect and a little time to get comfortable in his new home. My advice ? Dont sleep on Johnny Vicious.

This broad does vocals for Johnny V. so I would hardly call this an "UNBIASED OPINION".

Did Johnny pay you extra to write this post??

ha ha

Originally posted by whitneyrmxr:

This broad does vocals for Johnny V. so I would hardly call this an "UNBIASED OPINION".

Did Johnny pay you extra to write this post??

ha ha

I do lots of vocals for lots of people, my opinion comes from knowing Johnnys ability and... yours comes from... Being Fucked up at the club?? Listening to him Dj a couple of

times? Gosh.. your right.. and MUCH more qualified than I to Make the assumption he SUCKS.. Further more Im outta Here..haha Never to post again Ya'll are corny!!!