Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Everybody that thinks Exit is a piece of shit...please reply...

My personal experience, last time in Exit was Sunday of Labor Day Weekend, and I didn't really have a good one. The Dj Talent was at a Poor Level, Yes, they played a couple of good songs, but nothing to loose your mind for... also,

The lights were ON all Fawkin night!!! We all know we clubbers are no good friends of LIGHT @ 3 am!!!! What the fawk is that!!??!?!?!

Someone also mentioned Segregation in the club... its soo big, people just move out into their little areas, and autosegregate throughout the venue.

The bathrooms were ridiculously small for the capacity of the club, and the A/C could not be felt at all!! I usually dont work a sweat unless I'm really shakin it, but just standing there I was sweatin bullets!!! Fuck that!!

I defeneatley think Exit will have to get much better in other Quality aspects (like DJ talent, AC/Vent system, Lighting, Visuals) before I consider visiting that sh*#hole again.

------------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

ezdreamer,

the nights you are talking about (sunday, labor day weekend, and the time george acosta was there) are nights that are organized by rave crews, park rave maddness has been known to throw parties there as of recent times.

these nights bring in a different crowd (well, more ravers i suppose), in comparison to their usual fri/sat nights. well just wanted to make that clarification. smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

yeh, I think Exit's pretty bad..but I also think Twilo kinda sux too, and tunnel, and soundfactory...but..thats just MY Preference. I'm sure all those clubs do really well because alot of people still go there and still have fun there. They are all just different kinda scenes in New York. And thats what I love bout New york,..the diversity. smile.gif

Originally posted by mp3some:

My personal experience, last time in Exit was Sunday of Labor Day Weekend, and I didn't really have a good one. The Dj Talent was at a Poor Level, Yes, they played a couple of good songs, but nothing to loose your mind for... also,

The lights were ON all Fawkin night!!! We all know we clubbers are no good friends of LIGHT @ 3 am!!!! What the fawk is that!!??!?!?!

Okay, this might have something to do with it. When I first walked into Exit that night, I saw a mad rush of bouncers going making way ... ten seconds later I saw them with a kid, stab wound around his shoulders. This was followed by another kid, I supposed this was the one that stabbed him. Yes, this is not a rumor, I witnessed the above except for the fight itself.

Right afterwards, some friends of mine tried to get in, but they couldn't. They simply wouldn't let anyone else in. Shortly thereafter the FAWKING lights, as you say, came on. Well, I think the stabbing had something to do with it. I heard what led to the stabbing, but that's another story.

But to be honest I had a good time that night. I always do cause I have the mindset to say hey, I can't hardly dance, hell with it, can't breathe, so what, can't move, no problem, damn it I'm here, I'm out, and I'm having a hell of a time. I always wind up talking to new folks that are having a good time under those same set of circumstances and who the hell am I to put a damper by complaining about anything? So yeah, I have a blast, it's a mindset... doesn't matter where I am. Well, I suppose the kid that got stabbed wasn't having much fun...

Also if I get to hear any kinda trance that's louder than my stereo then I'm all set for the night.

------------------

Dream a little dream...

Originally posted by kitty19:

ezdreamer,

the nights you are talking about (sunday, labor day weekend, and the time george acosta was there) are nights that are organized by rave crews, park rave maddness has been known to throw parties there as of recent times.

these nights bring in a different crowd (well, more ravers i suppose), in comparison to their usual fri/sat nights. well just wanted to make that clarification. smile.gif

Thanks. Actually I was there by fluke on both nights. First I was at Centro-Fly. I had never been there before and a friend of mine was promoting it so I went. People were cool, but the music at Centro-Fly was irritating my eardrums. I was nauseated. I don't even know what kinda music they played, but it sucked, to me anyway.

So, me and a bud left the joint and headed for greener pastures. Since Twilo was closed we ended up at Exit. Actually we stood outside the rear doors to see what kinda music they're playing and voila we rushed to get in. Interesting night to say the least.

BTW, if there's any other such events please let me know if you happen to know of them. I get outta the loop sometimes and I hate that.

------------------

Dream a little dream...

Plain and simple, Exit sucks. The music is horrible and the crowd is not from NYC.

And it's not "to each his own". Why don't they have cheezy Tsettos style music on Saturday on the month and dedicate the other Saturdays to other styles? If I had it my way, I would do the following:

1st Sat. - Tsettos

2nd Sat. - Tenaglia and Jeff Mills alternating

3rd Sat. - Deep House by Morales, Vega, Humphries, Claussell, Krivit or Frankie Knuckles

4th Sat. - Trance Fest (all the Euro trash you guys want)

There, now you can honestly say "to each his own" and everybody would be happy and the cheese heads would be exposed to real music and expand their minds. Someone at Exit is real LAME! Right Mr. Happy? Where the fuck are you anyway?

icon9.gif

------------------

Nestor

"That's House!"