Clubplanet Nightlife Community

twilo my butt

souvlaki

how can u possibly 'love' a club like twilo? you twilo fans are being used by twilo for profits, you are naive victims of supply and demand economic system.

their systems especially light systems are very cheap, that stupid white round thing that flashes once a hour is no picnic either, the building itselt is a shithole, they sell tab water in bottles etc.. but still charge $30 for admissions. the fan system is just uncivilized. with all those packed crowd and low ceilings you could catch diseases.

for those of you who think twilo is the best, please travel more, if you can't, read the DJ magazines from the U.K. slowly but surely you will realize Twilo is totally overrated.

twilo might be the best club for those 18year old asian kids though.

I love Twilo, I wanna listen to the best DJs from the world there, I wanna live in there, I wanna sleep under the speakers, stare at the stupid white flashing ring, i wanna be buried in there and I wanna party with the 18year old asian kids because they're friendly and know how to have a good time.

For the record, I never had a bad time at Twilo....so there...nyaaaah angryrazz.gif

------------------

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

shadowchaser076@aol.com

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 09-10-2000).]

Originally posted by souvlaki:

how can u possibly 'love' a club like twilo? you twilo fans are being used by twilo for profits, you are naive victims of supply and demand economic system.

their systems especially light systems are very cheap, that stupid white round thing that flashes once a hour is no picnic either, the building itselt is a shithole, they sell tab water in bottles etc.. but still charge $30 for admissions. the fan system is just uncivilized. with all those packed crowd and low ceilings you could catch diseases.

for those of you who think twilo is the best, please travel more, if you can't, read the DJ magazines from the U.K. slowly but surely you will realize Twilo is totally overrated.

hey.. i think your post can be said for just about every major club in nyc... just about all of them are greedy and all prices for anything in clubs are used for some varying percentage of profit!!! the crowd is uncivilized? what do you mean by that?! we can catch diseases bc of the low ceilings? huh?

so what if we love twilo? it's mostly bc we're devoted fans of music..(correct me if i'm wrong, twilo fanatics) personally, i don't think the club itself (design, etc.) is that great (although i must say that the fog is AMAZING) but i don't go to twilo to look at the walls or analyze the lites or worry if the crowd dresses/dances like me.. i go FOR THE MUSIC. (and if anything, what djs cost more than the djs they have there, like pvd, sasha and digweed, carl cox, etc? if anything, twilo is the only club that has justification for their prices, bc they don't serve Much alcohol and they have to pay the biggest djs in the business.) so what were u saying again??

Peace!! --daniela

...and like my mommy said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

Love, Peace, and Hair Grease!!!

For the record I also love TWILO. I also love the "flashing round thing" in the middle. So, we can catch diseases b/c of the "low ceilings and packed in people"? Is the club you go to clean and do they not have the people packed in like sardines? If so, let me know where this club is. I'd like to go sometime. Where is your fav NYC club? I'm sure people could bash your fav club too.

Twilo's venue is what gives it it's character. I have never had a bad time at Twilo...NEVER. The music is slammin' there all the time. The people are awesome. I'm sorry that I haven't made it to the UK. I don't quite have the cash to do that. But.....THAT'S LONDON!! You think Twilo is comparing itself to London? Try again buddy.

I hate twilo, but I have never had a bad time. I love the music and the people there. I would rather party with 18 yr old asians then you anytime.

------------------

~*P*L*U*R*~

Four Simple Words To Live By....

[This message has been edited by e-tarded (edited 09-10-2000).]

Guest crystalmethodny

Amen Mareluna...

And Souvlaki, Twilo has the crispest and clearest sound system you can find.

Not at all cheap.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

for someone who urges others to travel more and open their eyes, you certainly are one ignoramus. (just go back and read what you wrote.)

Okay, I came out of lurking... because I had to reply to this "I hate Twilo" thingie. For the record I love Twilo. I don't care how crowded it gets, I don't care if I have to pay a little extra to support the DJ that I wanna see. I love glowsticks, can't use them to save my life and I appreciate those that do know how to use them. I love those UFO pants even though I don't wear them. I love the funky hairstyles, although I don't have one. Those little backpacks, gotta love those although I have no clue what you can fit in there. Safety flashing lights, love seeing those, the more the merrier. What I do hate is people that bring a bad vibe by letting every little minutia get to them. This sucks and that sucks... well, misery knows no company.

I always have a good time. A good time is a state of mind and I already know that I'm gonna have a great time. People are always nice, even the juice heads can be alright at 3 am, niceness becomes contagious, they will be nice if you're cool with them.

And who cares about what nationality, age, young or old, everyone comes out to their favorite party place to have a good time. Actually it's one of the nicest things about these parties, people of all ages and nationalities in one place having a good time, at least for one night.

Along with everything else I am there for the music and the vibe and of course the people, even if I get to know them only for one night, which is about the only sad thing for me, when the lights come on and the party ends.

"Dream a little dream..."

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

Amen Mareluna...

And Souvlaki, Twilo has the crispest and clearest sound system you can find.

Not at all cheap.

Amen to that my friend. Amen.

Twilo has one of the BEST club sound systems in the WORLD!! I've never experienced ear ringing after a long night there. . . so crisp, clean and LOUD!! Other clubs should have it so good. . .

And the crowd is one of the reasons I consider Twilo a second home. I'm comfy there no matter who I'm hanging with or what I'm wearing. . . one of the first places I've ever experienced where it was first and foremost FOR THE MUSIC.

I always get my money's worth.

noiseboy

Twilo is one of the most respected clubs in the world for 2 resons the DJ's they have for residents Carl Cox, Sasha & John Digweed, Paul Van Dyke, and Junior...and the other is have the best soundsystem in the world...they might charge alot to get in and it might be too hot in there but look at Exit its the same way too expensive and too hot and your not getting DJ talent or a soundsystem that even comes close to Twilo

Why do you always start threads bashing Twilo? Why is there a deep dark hatered of that place??? The space itself isn't great and it does get very crowded but the music the and the sound system are the best in the world. And the lights are awesome too (including the round light in the middle). You say read UK magazines to see that Twilo is over rated - why is that? Because the best DJs in the world are dying to play there? Because there isn't a single weekend with bad DJs there? I guess S&D, PVD, Carl Cox, Deep Dish, Richie Hawtin, Dave Seaman, Anthony Pappa, Parks and Wilson, Sven Vath and Jeff Mills are all overrated and they get no respect in the UK or Europe rolleyes.gif

They all are the top djs in the world and all play their amazing music at Twilo. And afterall isn't that what it's about - the music. Also, if you don't like it don't go -stick to Exit.

------------------

fjetblu2.jpg

From what I saw Friday night with PVD, TWILO is hands down the best party in the city. Nothing compares--from amazing dj talent, to the most powerful vibe around, to the best sound system in the world--you can't beat it.

Why settle for less??? Twilo rules.

------------------

There must be a party going on around here!!!

I've done some travelling in my days and I must say that nothing compares to the overall vibe of Twilo. Sure it gets hot in there, that's Twilo! Have you ever tried talking to "the 18 year old Asians"? If no, you may be surprised to hear that they are some of the friendliest people in the place. If you go into any scenario with the "I'm going to point out every thing I dislike" attitude, you're going to be constantly disappointed in life and very lonely!!

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Personally, i get picked up and carried away by the music at twilo like no other place in the city. the djs, the sound system, the people who are still there at 7am, all combine like a drug to keep me going, even when sober. It's not for everyone though, as i unfortunately found out friday night. I went w/two friends who i thought would like it, and we ended up having to leave an hour after we arrived because the place was giving them a bad trip. there's always next time for pvd, and when your two friends are curled up in the corner you gotta go. i still can't understand why they don't like it, but i do know good, cool people who absolutely can't stand it.

Originally posted by cesarleo:

DIDN'T THIS TOPIC GET COVERED ALREADY?!?!?!

yeah it got covered, and the general consensus amongst twiloheads is the same, the great music and vibe are what make twilo great. this is just the next weak attempt at drama, true twiloheads shouldnt even dignify shit like this with a reply anymore.

------------------

300 barrels of ether and 50 immigrants with fake visas...

I have many friends from UK-all over Europe and they all tell me Twilo is the best. Hands down they will say that the crowd and vibe is the best in the world.

From the look of anticipation on their faces when they come visit me-well lets just say you would have to believe it's true.

usually i'm not rude....this kid's entitled to his/her opinion....as ignorant as it may be...... rolleyes.gif

------------------

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Whatever..... Twilo might not be the most sightly of clubs, but it's still regularly packed and draws some of the most prominent DJs around.

Why are you so down on Twilo? What club(s)have you been going to that put it to shame? Or are you just ranting?

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

I been to clubs all over NYC but twilo to me is the BEST CLUB IN NYC. I like the big fat ball in the middle, I like the low celling, SHIT I FUCKING LOVE the SOUND SYSTEM, I LOVE the way JV spins, SHIT when I die I want my parent to dig a big fat hole right under JV booth and put my twilo dead ass body in there with all the K jars ans XTC PILL............

------------------

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS

WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF DREAMS