Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mafia

i've always been curious about the mafia in ny area but i don't think i haven't seen them yet ever since i moved here 2 yrs ago. do the mafia guys look like those from mob movies? old, fat and in fancy outfits? i heard the italian mafia is dead and now the russian and chinese mafia are rising to the top?? is that true? tell me about the current mafia i m curious.

Guest crystalmethodny

Hey

AndWhySee - I like your Screen name, very creative.

Why do you have such a fascination with uncovering the criminal element?

I can tell you the Chinese mafia and or Triad (not sure if they're one in the same, dont care to find out) is very much alive. Hardcore, and very dangerous. You see a Triad marking, don't hang around.

Just a piece of downtown knowledge for you.

Russian Mafia exists from stories I hear, never met a Russian Mobster, and... again, I have no desire to.

I'll be eating donuts with the NYPD thank you

LOL

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

ITALIAN MAFIA DEAD???? HA! NEVER!

That's like ending the catholic religion!

But ususally..no ..mobsters aren't dressed the way you see in films (unless they're somebody's dad and he's oldschool hehe)

Bottom line, you're not gonna spot one unless your FRIENDS with one and then he tells you what the dl is.

Yes, I am seeing alot of asian and russian gangs. But, in my opinion, they are never gonna reach the status that italians have.

Just my .2

and by the way, im not Italian.

-Iliana

Originally posted by iliana:

But ususally..no ..mobsters aren't dressed the way you see in films (unless they're somebody's dad and he's oldschool hehe)

Bottom line, you're not gonna spot one unless your FRIENDS with one and then he tells you what the dl is.

Yes, I am seeing alot of asian and russian gangs. But, in my opinion, they are never gonna reach the status that italians have.

Just my .2

-Iliana

maybe not totally dead ...but definitely very weak at the moment

------------------

signature.gif

the itailan mafia is stronger then ever. they are all over and were on the news the other night and about a month ago.. one for the stock market how they were controlling brokers, and another for bribing poilitical leader.. us italians run shit

------------------

i only speak the truth

peace

Guest crystalmethodny

You guys dont run dick.

LOL - Our great and corrupt Government does. We run the world.

Get real

No offense Msoprano, I think you're cool... I just say it how it is. wink.gif

------------------

we're all around you wink.gif,

believe it or not, the mafia(italian,chinese,french,whatever) has their hands in everything that seems good and wholesome, thats the front ...

remember, The devils greatest trick was making everyone believe he didn't exist ...

------------------

dancer-10.gif Put some pep in your step DANCER-11.GIF

BELIEVE IT OR NOT SOME OF THE OLD SCHOOL ARE STILL AROUND AND YES THEY DO DRESS LIKE THAT WEARING 3000 DOLLAR ARMANI SUITS AND GUCCI LOAFERS. IF YOU ARE ITALIAN YOU CAN JUST LOOK AT SOMEONE AND TELL IF THEY ARE INVOLVED

------------------

THERE AINT NO GUEST LIST TONIGHT BITCH!

Guest crystalmethodny

On an underground and social in your face level, yeah.

It'll never blow up to anything huge in the esscense of true politcal control

Bribing a Republican local council member is one thing... but going up the ladder is nearly impossible.

Why?

Checks and balances, and eventually, if more and more leaders are bribed, it will be checked. And then some hard core mofo dude with a phat Secret Service jacket is going to bust some heads or something funny like that.

------------------

Originally posted by teddyruxpin:

BELIEVE IT OR NOT SOME OF THE OLD SCHOOL ARE STILL AROUND AND YES THEY DO DRESS LIKE THAT WEARING 3000 DOLLAR ARMANI SUITS AND GUCCI LOAFERS. IF YOU ARE ITALIAN YOU CAN JUST LOOK AT SOMEONE AND TELL IF THEY ARE INVOLVED

very, very true ...

------------------

dancer-10.gif Put some pep in your step DANCER-11.GIF

yup, u bet theyre here, they dont really wear name tags that say 'my name is sal and im a gangster'. perfect example, i was in bay ridge the other week, and theres tis yellow lamborghinin diablo on the street, im like WOW!!! and i see this dumpy little short guy wearing sweats and sneakers open the door to it and drive away...now tell me what he does for a living???? fine outstanding citizen? i think not. i knew a few of those guys when i lived in brooklyn, and theyre just bad news.

south beach was notorious for those guys, but ever since chris pacielo got busted, theyve calmed their act down.

dont be so fascinated about them, they really are the scum of the earth.

Be careful.

There is a new breed of mobsters out there. Armed with brains and money from technology, these skinny guys are creating quite a stir.

Bill Gates ring any bells?

Think twice about plowing through pencil necks at the clubs.

Better recognize, mofos!

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

You guys dont run dick.

LOL - Our great and corrupt Government does. We run the world.

Get real

No offense Msoprano, I think you're cool... I just say it how it is. wink.gif

no offense taken but most people on this board seem to agree with me. but you are righ the gov't runs shit, but those are the most corruot mother fuckers around

------------------

i only speak the truth

peace

Originally posted by Randy:

Be careful.

There is a new breed of mobsters out there. Armed with brains and money from technology, these skinny guys are creating quite a stir.

Bill Gates ring any bells?

Think twice about plowing through pencil necks at the clubs.

Better recognize, mofos!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif hehehe, you make me laugh!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

things to see, people to do... hehe

lavkrap@aol.com

i went to a bakery once to buy bread, i'm waiting in line & this guy double parks his caddy across the street, he's dressed in very nice tailored suit. he crosses the street without looking walks right into the bakery, goes straight to the back, lifts up a jar, takes out an envelope, while he's walking out he's stuffing the envelope in the inside pocket. he didn't say two words to the clerk, just stared hard at her. no way is the mafia dead.

------------------

lavkrap@aol.com

Originally posted by msoprano13:

the itailan mafia is stronger then ever. they are all over and were on the news the other night and about a month ago.. one for the stock market how they were controlling brokers, and another for bribing poilitical leader.. us italians run shit

If your talking about sum boiler room shit

out here on the island Russians are the only ones ripping off poor yokels on fake stocks

I heard out in Brooklyn its the same shit

------------------

When the going gets weird

the weird turns pro... docmorph.gif

and for all you newbies, just moving into astoria... watch out, there are a couple of cafes on steinway street that are mafia run, and have backroom poker games. you were warned....

oh and just for fun, i'll add this:

there is another baker who's side of his face was dipped into a pot of boiling oil, cause he didn't want to pay. he still owns the bakery & is still the baker. but i;m not telling which one!!

mafia dead, haha

------------------

lavkrap@aol.com

i gotta agree that the mafia's out there. but as for the italian mafia, it's not as strong as it used to be, no doubt.. i was raised old school sicilian and i have one of those dads that goes to coffee bars in his armani suits and a cigar (big belly and all lol).. if u saw the dude off the street, u'd certainly think he was a mafioso, but he's not... strange thing is, if i ever ask him about it, he refuses to answer me.. hmm... i think i'll have to rephrase something:: he's not in the mafia, well, as far as i know!!!

eek.gif

------------------

"Ooh baby, I feel like the music sounds better with you..."

Mafiosi are a very real part of business in the NYC area, for sure. Italian and Russian are the only ones who cross ethnic neighborhood boundaries - Asian mobs stay mostly in Asian communities. Little Odessa in Brooklyn is unbelievably controlled, and they are into the Coney Island area, as well as import/export business with northern and eastern Europe. Italian mafia tend to be in "legit" businesses. From what I know of the current situation, they want to deal with the 'management' end of things and keep their hands clean. Let the new mob types get busted by the high-tech FBI.

And believe me, many of the businesses on the east coast are connected to some organization even if unintentionally. You see that kind of thing in my current line of work. frown.gif

In other words...La Cosa WHAT?

------------------

STFU, Class of 1999

ackoop.gif

Originally posted by iliana:

Just my .2

-Iliana

I agree with Iliana.........sometimes you can't tell, actually alot of times you can't tell.......and its not something that they talk about...........someone the other day said something about me or my father being in the mafia because I'm sicilian and it was loud and in public....I didn't like that, it was embarassing.......but never ask the wrong person

Originally posted by mareluna:

i gotta agree that the mafia's out there. but as for the italian mafia, it's not as strong as it used to be, no doubt.. i was raised old school sicilian and i have one of those dads that goes to coffee bars in his armani suits and a cigar (big belly and all lol).. if u saw the dude off the street, u'd certainly think he was a mafioso, but he's not... strange thing is, if i ever ask him about it, he refuses to answer me.. hmm... i think i'll have to rephrase something:: he's not in the mafia, well, as far as i know!!!

eek.gif

hey.....my father goes to his cafe's and social clubs too! they probably know each other, but he's not involved........knows a lot of people for like 40 years .......he never got involved and those guys respected him for that!

some of the italians are still sick hot heads, but every race has their share...but for the most part they are all a bunch of rats these days...the russians are the sick bastards...the ones the italians got to do their big time dirty work...doin time in the US is paradise compared to serving time hanging from there thumbs in a 10 below siberian prison..i doubt youd hear any of them rat out each other