Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is SPA is the Greatest Club In NYC?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH RENEE OLD SKOOL!!!!!!!! LOL First off a lot of the people on this board can't and I believe shouldn't go to SPA. SPA is a 21 and over (STRICT) drinking crowd. Fashionable, trencdy, bitchy and all over just Lovely. Jackie Christie completely ROCKS!! Steve Lewis has a great thing with her and Girlina on Thursdays. Tuesdays at Spa are great too. Listen if it's notyour thing cool. But the people are on point so is the decor and music. cwm26.gif

diva...i know alot of the people on tuesdays are from life. two of my best friends were promoters for life on tuesdays.

and as for most of us being 'little kids' who got rejected at the door. im 27, ive been there 5 times and NEVER had to wait on line or have been rejected at the door.

people are entitled to their own opinions, and if people hate spa because all it is are a bunch of snobs who THINK theyre the shit, then fine. but i'll really doubt that you will find anyone who really goes to clubs for the music saying that spa is better than say, vinyl/twilo..etc. in my opinion, spa is nice for a drink if youre entertaining stuffy clients, and to be 'seen'.

and no offense to any "Spinners" (cause I definitly enjoy the show), but what's so wrong with wanting to be seen? I mean why else to people get dressed up/down or spin or what not. If you feel good about yourself then wanting to be seen is fine... ok ok unless u have a huge head and think that your shit doesn't stink THAT gets annoying.... but just wanting to go have a few drinks, listen to some music (even hip-hop), and maybe enjoying a conversation is not a bad thing... is it?

------------------

We Are Not Alone!

well; I was just responding to the initial comment that it was "trying" --- it just hit me the wrong way. seemed VERY defensive and strange, esp if you knew it was the same staff/promos why post that? -- I NEVER wrote "little kids" either.

It's true - SO many of the people who talk shit about Life/Spa say "that freak wouldnt let me in" etc etc....Look, dont like the club for its music, or for its attitue ( i certainly understand that ) but dont dislike a club because they have a door policy - they have every right to have one, and that's not the same thing as saying "the club is full of snotty pretentious people"

I remember seeing 20, 30, 40 yr ols not being able to get in, so its not age either - People go to loungey places for other reasons than the music - i am the biggest house/trance head and DESPISED most of the music at LIFE yet sometimes its nice for a change and to chill without being surrounded by 1000 shirtless sweaty mangled guys! I'll go and bring a bunch of friends and just chill, if eveyrone else is stuck up, good for them, ill still have fun with my friends and relax and not come back and post "SPA is a piece of shit club horrible ugly inside nasty people wannabees"

I just feel things like that come from insecurities and yes, most times, them not getting in! You dont know how many times people would call up LIFE and yes, come back other weeks and yell and scream at us how horrible the place was, simply because their ego was hurt. Thats incredibly poor charachter and just not the way to act. Kenny always used to say, that we did our job - those people are the ones we DONT want inside.

Another intersting note: In the 2 yrs i was there, we got SEVEN bomb threats and FOUR threats on kenny's life (and two attempts) from people he turned away. scary, huh? No, not everyone is like that (and I wasnt saying you were) but after dealing with people like that every night for years...you see my point!

MDiva

------------------

--=== Deep into the vibe of house music ===--

xMissDiva19x@aol.com

Originally posted by MissDiva:

well;

I just feel things like that come from insecurities and yes, most times, them not getting in! You dont know how many times people would call up LIFE and yes, come back other weeks and yell and scream at us how horrible the place was, simply because their ego was hurt. Thats incredibly poor character and just not the way to act. Kenny always used to say, that we did our job - those people are the ones we DONT want inside.

MDiva

Sure, some people might not get in and bash the place in anger. But, there seems an equal chance that people who get in just might hate it and feel like expressing their opinion. You seem to be saying that anyone who doesn't like it got turned away. I think there are also a lot of people who get in, are bored stiff, and then wonder what all the fuss is about.

As for people threatening the doorman's life, they are psychopaths. Hopefully no one on this board has done that

cwm6.gif

Nolimit,

From what I gather about you from your posts, it would be torture for you to go there. The music is mostly very played out mainstream hip-hop with a few played out Bob Marley house mixes in the side room, which you can't hear anyway due to how bad the soundsystem is. I only went once and it was on Saturday. I stayed less than 1 hour because I couldn't take it. I did hear it was better during the week, so if you have to check it out you should probably try a weekday.

MissDiva,

I totally agree with you about how lame people sound for ripping on a club because they couldn't get in, and I generally prefer places with stricter door policies. I came of age clubbing in Europe, and I've been out in every major city there, and believe me when I tell you, Spa ain't that tough to get in to compared to a lot of the places I've been. And I went to Life when I was here as a tourist, and I never had a problem with Kenny. I'm just saying the club itself is all hype and not much to it inside other than some cute girls and the odd famous person. That just isn't the reason I go out. No vibe, bad music, count me out. I go to lounges a lot too and I dig them if the music is cool to chill to, but if I go to a club I want to feel something. But if it's your thing, by all means have a good time. smile.gif

JohnB