Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is ROXY Fridays coming back??? HELP WITH INFO!

djbrians

Originally posted by risa06:

Jason Ojeda??? wait...I thought AtoZ will be spinning there on Fridays?!? They really need to bring a great Dj there and then we'll have a great place to go on Friday nights smile.gif

There is already a great place to go...VINYL with Danny Tenaglia smile.gif

Someone else already posted it before, Jason Ojeda is scheduled to play at Roxy Fridays coming this winter...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

it.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

they need to bring a godd resident with better DJs that how successful parties run ... when scotto was throwing that friday there a couple monthes ago it was dope but no one was coming. i went like every week and he brought threw sme sick talent . that what we need a roxy friday !i love the roxy even though it migth need a face lift ..

dollar

------------------

lets go jets .....

This Fri. they are having some sort of salsa night @ roxy. A friend of mine invited me via E-mail and the invitation says to forward the e-mail to as many friends as I want. I will check the E-mail again and forward the info to any one that wants it.

I do know that it is partly sponsored by Mega 97.9 radio. cwm1.gif

------------------

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. icon26.gif -BJ

I'll HOUSE YOU, I went to Vinyl once and I like the musik...I thought it was...mnnnn good...but I think I liked Roxy better...much better (and I am NOT trying to put anyone down). If Jason will be spinning there on Fridays I think I'll be there very often smile.gif

Gabriell, I KNOW Boris can do much better than what he is doing right now at Exit...You are right..give him some time...and ATTN. DOOR PEOPLE...PLEASE DO NOT forget to bring your glasses to work!!!

Anyway, I just think that it was one great party in NYC...BIG FRIDAYS AT ROXY smile.gif miss you

Talked to Boris over e-mail earlier today, he dont like the crowd neither. He'd prob never say it but I know the owners were tellin him how to spin. He never plays hard stuff like that all night. He spins totally diff on sanctuary's than he did at exit on the ninth. He takes you on a roller coaster ride.

I'm not too sure about bringig two phat dj's to one club, spinnin at the same time. Magz and Boris. They need to work on fillin one part of the club before they go splittin the crowd who wants to here magz more. Don't get me wrong the more additions the better but how big is that room supposed to be. Someone told me it was real big. Exits been light lately, not sure how good of a move it is right now anyway... <a  href="]http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/smilies/cwm10.gif' alt='cwm10.gif'>

I may get shelled for that one, i dont know...

[This message has been edited by gabrielll (edited 09-20-2000).]

I'm sorry but I don't really think that if musik sucked at Roxy people would still come just b/c it's Arties and Joe's party...just mo. I think what made Roxy as great as it was is a com. of a good promoters and a great Dj.

BTW, we are not talking and sure not comparing Denny to Boris...I don't think Denny ever spunn at Roxy...and Roxy is what are we talking about smile.gif

Fran26 never said that Denny spun at Roxy and Boris is what made the people come back to Roxy every friday, yes promoters can do a good job at getting a party going but you need a great dj to keep it going.Fuck I dont know why Boris left Roxy that party was great he could of done with the Roxy what JP did with SF, and Junior with Twilow. I'm hoping Denny can get that chance with the World. He's got a great thing in summer at tempts but I would like to see him do it in nyc. I think it would be better if there was no hip hop and everybody was togeather in one big space like tempts,you get a better vibe and then the dj plays better.

Risa, In the past I've opened for Jason several times at Cheetah thurs, I wasn't saying he isn't a great DJ, I think he is, Im just saying my musical preference is DT when I want to go out, and currently it in my view is the best Fri party there is...Hopefully I'll get the chance to play with Jason @ Roxy this winter season...

M

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

it.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

THE PROMOTERS AND THE DJS HAVE ALOT TO DO WITH THE ROXY COMING BACK, BUT ALL OF US ARE ULTIMATELY WHAT WILL MAKE OR BREAK ITS RETURN. KEEP WHAT'S HAPPENING POSTED.

GOTTA GO BACK, THINK I LEFT HALF MY MIND THERE.

P.S. FRAN CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MAILBOX. cwm35.gifcwm3.gifcwm3.gif

[This message has been edited by littled (edited 09-20-2000).]

I'LL HOUSE YOU, I've never heared you spinning but next time you will open for Jason please let me know and I'll def. come to check you out smile.gif I think Denny is a great Dj and I know I'll come back to Vinyl again smile.gif But Boris is very special to me...Roxy was my 1st club and Boris was first Dj who intro. me to House Musik (plus he is Russian like me smile.gif )I hope that this party at Roxy w/ Jason will do good smile.gif

Have a nice day everyone smile.gif