Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOW MUCH DOES S&D AND PVD GET FOR ONE NIGHT @ TWILO??

well, i would assume sasha and diggers both get paid equally at twilo, so if sasha gets 20g's thats 40 btw the two of them and thats pretty high. unless their pay has gone up w/ the price hike, witch i guess it must have, i don't think they get that much. remember not too long ago it wasn't $35 to get in so they were netting only $15 from people using lists, so i doubt 20k each. prolly more like $10-12k.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

but b2b, even after the price hike at twilo? you dont' think sasha and diggers are smart enough to realize that at $35 a head, they should be making more?

and nye i woulda though they'd be making more like 20-25k , but i'm just speculating based on revenue from admissions and bar sales, i dont' really know enough about it otherwise

-Rob

------------------

there is NO WAY IN HELL that they are only getting 6k a peice. I know of a certain NY DJ (one of the top 4) who gets a lot more than that just to play in a state about an hour or 3 away. Twilo is charging 35 bucks a head. Multiply that by at the VERY LEAST 2000 people (it's actually whatever club capacity is plus 2000 for overcrowding as wll as the people that come and go through out the night) and that gives you $70,000. Now lets say at the VERY LEAST each person buy's one bottle of water. That gives you another $10,000. Also in the winter one jacket per person. I forget how much that costs so lets say $3. That's another $6000. You are up to $86,000 at the VERY MINIMUM.

I'm sure you can at least triple that.

I think it's safe to say that these boys are clearing $15,000 a peice.

------------------

DON'T KNOCK IT

````````TILL U ROCK IT

there is NO WAY IN HELL that they are only getting 6k a peice. I know of a certain NY DJ (one of the top 4) who gets a lot more than that just to play in a state about an hour or 3 away. Twilo is charging 35 bucks a head. Multiply that by at the VERY LEAST 2000 people (it's actually whatever club capacity is plus 2000 for overcrowding as wll as the people that come and go through out the night) and that gives you $70,000. Now lets say at the VERY LEAST each person buy's one bottle of water. That gives you another $10,000. Also in the winter one jacket per person. I forget how much that costs so lets say $3. That's another $6000. You are up to $86,000 at the VERY MINIMUM.

------------------

DON'T KNOCK IT

````````TILL U ROCK IT

you have to rememeber that they're not pulling $35 on a lot of the people. On a large portion of the crowd they net $25 a head. They also have security to pay, bartenders utilities(which you know are high at any club) plus countless other hidden fees that arent' obvious to the business illiterate.

but either way, its safe to say they're doing ok filling their pockets

-Rob

------------------

Remember it's a residancy, one of the best clubs in the world... bla bla.

$25 even for them is too much.

The booking agents take every booking on it's merits. All the European crowed want to make a name so i would suggest they will do it for less. Also it wont be on a night by night basis, they will have a contract based on the legth of their residency.

And there are two people + other DJ's. Ok Twilo make loads of $$ but when has that been linked to how much the DJ's get paid?

I realy dont think they will get more than $10,000 each.

I think the most any DJ has been paid was Carl Cox last NYE when he got $60,000 but he had to fly across two time zones etc.

I would say they do it for alot less at Twilo than a set at space.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

uk_md_wht.gif

Originally posted by back2basics:

I think the most any DJ has been paid was Carl Cox last NYE when he got $60,000 but he had to fly across two time zones etc.

accrding to muzic magazine, i think a dj in england (pete tong, judge jules or oakenfold) made around 250,000 pounds for spinning at 4-5 parties on new years eve. I think it's in the jan or feb '00 issue. can some one confirm??

i don't know how much s&d make but here's what they said they would do if they won the jackpot in the october issue of "revolution":

sasha: i'd probably buy the house that i'm renting at the moment in the countryside because i love it and i have to move out at the end of the year because the guy's selling it. and i've got a garden and i'm definitely going to miss it when it gets sold. i don't know how much it [the jackpot] would change things, really. i'd probably just go out and buy a load of studio equipment. buy one of those old analog keyboards that i've always wanted to have but have been just kind of ridiculously expensive, just very rare. perhaps take a month off, have a holiday. no gold bracelets.

john: definitely, go to Necker island (Richard Branson's island), take a bunch of people out there. maybe buy an apartment in new york, one in san francisco, one in australia. how many more wishes have i got? there's something about new york, this really great buzz; i get really excited every time we go to play there.

sasha: every time we get off the plane and see the sky-line, it's like, "cool, twilo!"

john: i'm very happy, so i can't think of anything that would make me happier.

sasha: i'd probably like to do something for my family, actually, my father and my mum. i'd take them somewhere special, buy their houses, or get them a nicer place or something like that. i've got my life sorted at the moment. anything that money can possibly buy is a little bit of extra time off. but to be honest, after a month i'd be absolutely itching to get back to djing. i'd hire an island somewhere and bring my family to hang out for a while and spend some quality time. it's all very boring, isn't it.

cwm15.gif

i think 6 each is correct...think about it, thats 6 EVERY month. they've paid off the concorde, and other expenses. plus they play soooo many places that prolly pay even more because they are in the middle of nowhere. then there is the europe scene, ibiza, london, shit these guys are prolly making 20-25K each monthly!

My old hairdresser claimed that he dated Junior off and on. Take it with a grain of salt, but he told me Junior gets $10,000 a night (as of 1998). Assuming SnD are paid similarly, I would guess they get $10-$15K each for a show. Whoever mentioned a $250,000 annual contract for both of them sounds right (around $10,000 each per show assuming 12 shows a year)

Originally posted by Crackorn:

Whatever they're making, whether it's 6K or 25K per night, they deserve every penny of it!!!

personally i dont' think any dj deserves 25k a night, just my opinion

-Rob

------------------

i have answered this question in the past, just in regards to what performers/artists/DJs get paid b/c I organize concerts and parties at my school.

DJ Skribbles is $5-7,000 plus airfare, for a set.

Kid Capri is $5,000/night.

DJ Spooky is $6,000/night.

Then you got big performers like:

Busta Rhymes: $40-50,000 for a one hour show!

Jay-Z: $50-60,000 or so, for a shitty 1-2 hours.

The Roots: $12-15,000 for a good 3-4 hours.

Macy Gray: $35-40,000.

So, seeing that big commercial artists get paid that much, you could imagine that DJs do make less. Use your discretion in judging; PvD and S&D probably make more than skribbles, but not as much as jay-z.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

They get paid for how many people show up. For example they charge 35 dollar at the door, then S&D are making at the LEAST $15 dollars per person.

15 x let say for the sake of argument 1000 people = 15,000

------------------

YOU WANT THE TRUTH, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Originally posted by sf97:

Just curious , does this DJ you speak of DJ for MTV?