Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AAHHH HAAA, Vinyl got raided tonight... now ya know

artful

They keep targeting vinyl because its an easy target. Vinyl isnt geared to making huge amounts of money like the big clubs with the trendy crowds. Its purely for the music people. So without 6 figure door purses, they dont have the political clout that the big boys do. The irony is, most of the problems, drugs, etc. are at the big clubs, mainly because, more people = more drugs. And although some morons say "oh, there must be more drugs there, no licquor license"... Thats totally untrue. They didnt even arrest anyone Friday. There wasnt any obvious problems in sight. Supposedly they found one guy who was fucked up or something. Anyway, I find it ironic, just as Danny Tenaglia is named #1 DJ in the world, his resident club might be in jeapardy. Anyone pick up the new mixmag with him on the cover? He mentioned vinyl in the interview...

-Adam

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl

I'm starting to feel there's definately something MORE political that what's on the surface. Is there any major rehabilitation going on in that area? Are new buildings going up? Maybe something is in the works to build up that area, and if they can get Vinyl closed for good, then somebody could get the land a lot easier...just a thought.

- Peter

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

I think its simply the fact that vinyl isnt doing so well... ANd they obviously know this...and they know if the put enough pressure on vinyl, it will shut down. Then they can flood the press with "one crackhouse down, 5 to go..." That kind of bullshit. I think DT should buy it.. smile.gif

-Adam

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl