Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Darker... this is the new trend in NYC music...

darker.

tribal.

primal.

its where the music has gone, with good reason. its raw and accessable but still unacceptable. its too sexy for mainstream society.

with everybody on the "techno" bandwagon these days, there is the danger of mainstream cheese invading our party. fortunately, the underground *will* live 4ever cause it knows how to adapt. with more and more average kids getting sucked in by our coolness and our wicked, mind-altering drugs, the only thing keeping the scene real is the music.

mix it darker. mix it sexier. make it sound dangerous. our world is not for the timid. some average betty or ned doesnt want a mind-fuck? then they better stay away from us!

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by gabrielll:

Anybody notice how the style of some dj's; Sasha & Digweed, Boris, heard Oakenfolk as well, is gettin darker and darker... Is this the new trend or the direction that were heading into???

Digweed has always been dark, he's not following any trends. Same goes for Danny T.

The darker, the better...

oakenfeld is candy ass, and boris is just plain nycheese. diggs and dt have always been dark. i like pappa and tilt and slacker. they're not so much totally dark, but their style is so smooth and the sounds so lush its incredible. if u havent heard these guys checkem out in october at twilo, u wont be disappointed.

------------------

cwm42.gifhttp://www.sausagenet.co.uk/pi/grapeape1.jpg grapeape

I read an article about something similar about 5 years ago.

When D&B became big in the UK, people were asking why it was getting dark.

The article pointed out it could be a back lash to the "loved up" generation. You have to say that throughout history it (musical taste, political opinion, fashion etc) has always gone from one extreme to another.

Punk - new romantic.

Disco - Rock.

Garage - Drum & base.

It's just the cycle, doing it's thing.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

uk_md_wht.gif

Originally posted by back2basics:

I read an article about something similar about 5 years ago.

When D&B became big in the UK, people were asking why it was getting dark.

The article pointed out it could be a back lash to the "loved up" generation. You have to say that throughout history it (musical taste, political opinion, fashion etc) has always gone from one extreme to another.

Punk - new romantic.

Disco - Rock.

Garage - Drum & base.

It's just the cycle, doing it's thing.

Poison - Nirvana - Puffy

I don't know about all the REAL dark stuff that S&D seems to be spinning these days but I really like the break beat (nu-school breaks to some) and I really like that tech-house sound.

BlueAngel

------------------

"· Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new."

- Henry David Thoreau

angel.gif

DT and diggers and the "global" sound has been dark..thats the way they are.... The difference is its filtering into the mainstream. I love how people feel everything is "changing" because they discover the underground....interesting... I highly doubt you will hear the commercial dj's go "dark" though... They are governed by the promoters, and promoters want guidos and numbers, and only the fast dramatic ny cheeze pulls in the big numbers.

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl

Originally posted by raver_mania:

I LOVE darker...thats why S&D nights are the best for me...really slow build-up most of the night and then bangin choons from 5/6 onward...I can still remember Digweed's final set the last S&D.

Digweed totally killed it last time! again, for sure this friday!....although deeper, not as deep as usual i thought.

cwm32.gif

Originally posted by raver_mania:

I LOVE darker...thats why S&D nights are the best for me...really slow build-up most of the night and then bangin choons from 5/6 onward...I can still remember Digweed's final set the last S&D.

Digweed totally killed it last time! again, for sure this friday!....although deeper, not as deep as usual i thought.

cwm32.gif