Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo last night...

Nolimit

Stayed until 6 am. Howells was amazing as expected and an all around class guy. Congrats to him on a wonderful start of his new residency.

Until next time!

Anyone go? What did you think? I don't think Junior's peeps were feeling it. I'm a little shocked that junior let him spin an extra 2 hours.

[This message has been edited by Nolimit (edited 09-24-2000).]

Ended up going to Centro-Fly instead Twilo Sat night.

So Howells was good? cool. Hope to check him out with Taul Paul next month @ Roxy.

How was the crowd like?

Did Twilo succeed in getting the place to fill up before 4 or 5 on a Sat?

It was my first time at Centro-Fly. Would love to check it out on a Thursday, to get a better crowd going though.

Too many chicks with pocketbooks banging into you.

Regardless, it was all good. A nice way to pass the time until Sasha & Diggers this Friday!

Was there Friday AND Sat (my first Sat). Unfortunately Friday I only stayed from 3am - 5am cuz one of my friends was not feeling well, but Richie Hawtin blew the roof off the place...amazing talent, wish I could have stayed longer.

Need I even say how off the HOOK Howells was!! I could NOT stop dancing...had to force myself to leave at 6am cuz I had to get up in 2 hours. It was almost like being at a 6am Sasha & Digweed night(dark progressive house)! The crowd was not that different from a normal Friday night, though less crowded, and maybe fewer women. Is it normally like that on Sat, or are we now seeing two different "club nights" in one? One thing I thought funny was that they wouldn't let women into the VIP room.

Howells was amazing on sat night. I got there around 12. Although there weren't many people in the club, the people that were there seemed to be there to hear Howells spin. At around 3, it started to get packed. The crowd was more like Twilo wed, which I like better than Twilo Fri. I love the fact that it's 21 and over, instead of 18 and over. The music he played was better that any S & D night this year. He had the whole place dancing, even the chelsea boys that usually only dance to Junior's vocal house! It was actually nice seeing such a diverse crowd. Now that there are going to be top rate DJ's on sat (Howells, seaman, dave ralph), I might actually might stop going on fridays, (which I found to be too packed, too young, too many people fucked up) and go to saturdays instead (great music, way less crowded, 2 different dj's, free b4 1 with my Twilo card!)

Junior definitely isnt out. They are rotating new DJ's on Sat night. Manny Lehman next week. Then Dave Ralph and Dave seaman week after. Junior has been going on late anyway like around 6.

------------------

Everything will be perfect .... tonight and forever....

can.jpg

cwm7.gif Everybody seems to agree: Danny was amazing!!!! As for spinning until 6 a.m., thank god he did, he was so good and the dance floor was packed. I had heard that he was only spinning until 4 a.m., but his publicist told me that he was supposed to spin until 6.... I also spoke to a security guard who said that Junior just keeps getting more & more moody and showing up late all the time. No wonder Twilo management is booking some big names on Saturday nights now....Works to our advantage! If Junior doesn't appreciate his fans, then bring in djs who do!!!

Originally posted by Nolimit:

So u judge a night on how crowded it is??

No comment

You sound surprised. Sadly there are those people who go to clubs just because it has a huge crowd, good looking people and just because of the name. Geez, there are even people who go to certain clubs that have, whoa, a brand new room...oh joy. rolleyes.gif I never came out of Twilo saying...

"Damn, that was a kick ass sno-cone room."

In my eyes, let them go to those places, and in turn, there will be more room on the dance floor for us who enjoy awesome quality music. cwm11.gif

------------------

lpbutton.gif

"Some men get the world, others get a hooker and a trip to Arizona."

"Do you still dream...do you still dream like me...infectious corruptive dreams."

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Danny Howells had a bi-monthly residency but who knows, it could always be pushed up to once a month. That would be the way to go. He's AMAZING!

That's the way to do a set. Minimal, the build, and then the peak. That was a serious journey into different genres.

Shame on those that missed this...