Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Other Kinds of Music Do You Like?

Originally posted by jeffkaos:

I like MAdball, Murphy's Law, & Black Flag

also like Warzone, I used to know Ray Beez before he passed away Let him rest in peace. he was a Great Guy! I met him believe it or not at Storm Raves back in 91

and he used to come to the limelight with me to chill.

Ray was a great guy (R.I.P.) He gave all he had to the scene & always tried to help people out. I knew him too, met him when you used to work security at the old Ritz.

------------------

"In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing."

"To dream of the person you want to be is to waste the person you are."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a sample list of acts i like.

more-or-less from new to old.

static X

filter

tool

chemical brothers

LL cool J

mobey

ice T

stevie ray vaughn

red hot chili peppers

U2

prince

sisters of mercy

dire straits

joy division

david bowie

bob marley

led zepplin

pink floyd

jimi hendrix

bob dylan

elvis

miles davis

chet atkins

muddy waters

charlie parker

robert johnson

and many more.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by gene2k:

Ray was a great guy (R.I.P.) He gave all he had to the scene & always tried to help people out. I knew him too, met him when you used to work security at the old Ritz.

Holy Shit I forgot about that. Thats when I met him too, when he did security at The Ritz. He was going out with a grl named Tammy and I was going out with her cousin Lisa he would let us into shows thru the back and let us chill backstage and see shows. What a cool bastard. Its a shame. Only the good die young!

R.I.P Ray Beez (1961-19997)

[This message has been edited by jeffkaos (edited 09-25-2000).]

Agnostic Front rules. What about Minor Threat? That's about as old school you can get as far as hardcore.

Originally posted by jeffkaos:

i love hardcore & punk

- Sick Of It All, Agnostic Front, Nofx, Rancid, 7 seconds, Cause 4 Alarm, H20 also love Helmet, Biohazard, & ***Clutch!

i love select rap but no crap i like

WU TANG, Mobb Deep, Nas, Mos Def, Big L, Cannibus, etc

I love Reggae old & New!

i like 70's souls & r&b barry white isaak hayes al green p-funk sly & the family stone etc

classic rock Doors, Led Zep, Hendrix etc

i dig Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana & such

pretty much everything

actually i hate alot of shit---> MTV music Boybands, Britney SPears, Limp Bizkit & all there contempoary offshoots,

i hate Puffy Diddy (he ruined hip hop) i don't like too much of that Dirty South shit either

------------------

It's the 21st Century, there's other ways to get fucked up.

I'd like to hear Black Sabbath's "A National Acrobat" with a fat house beat underneath it. Actually that song is so fucking heavy you wouldn't need to do anything to it.

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Hehe, I was saying the same thing one night. It would be awesome if a DJ would play a non-house song or a remix of an old rock "classic" or something. I'd be in heaven... There must be mixes floating around though. I'd love to hear them also if anyone knows where to get them...

------------------

It's the 21st Century, there's other ways to get fucked up.

Originally posted by thewedge:

Agnostic Front rules. What about Minor Threat? That's about as old school you can get as far as hardcore.

Minor Threat are great, I'm not too fond of his later stuff though (Embrace & Fugazi).

------------------

"In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing."

Originally posted by thewedge:

Wow, I forgot to mention Minor Threat, When i was listing my fave bands , i was looking at my CD collection and Minor Threat doesnt take up to much space on the shelf. They were AWESOME!! I agree with Gene about Fugazi BUT [Waiting Room] is one of my favorite songs!

"I am a patient boy, I wait I wait I wait i wait"

I know JeffEnrage personally, went to Susan Wagner HS with him, I would recommend them they sound like an angry Life Of Agony but harder, in terms of hardcore, I listen to alot of the older bands..

Underdog

Bad Brains

Supertouch

SOIA

AF

Black Flag

Burn

Breakdown

Killing Time

Murphy's Law

Leeway

old Biohazard

some of the "newer" bands I listen to:

Indecision

On The Rise

h2o

Hot Water Music

Refused

V.O.D.

Fear Factory

Avail

Lifetime

Enrage

Madball

E-Town Concrete

Skarhead

Hatebreed

E.G.H.

Southpaw

Ignite

a bunch of others.

Good to see someone else who appreciates H.C.

Unity,Uniform Choice, Dag Nasty, Chain of Strength, Justice League, Supertouch, Quicksand, on and on...

Originally posted by handfulofdust:

I know JeffEnrage personally, went to Susan Wagner HS with him, I would recommend them they sound like an angry Life Of Agony but harder, in terms of hardcore, I listen to alot of the older bands..

Underdog

Bad Brains

Supertouch

SOIA

AF

Black Flag

Burn

Breakdown

Killing Time

Murphy's Law

Leeway

old Biohazard

some of the "newer" bands I listen to:

Indecision

On The Rise

h2o

Hot Water Music

Refused

V.O.D.

Fear Factory

Avail

Lifetime

Enrage

Madball

E-Town Concrete

Skarhead

Hatebreed

E.G.H.

Southpaw

Ignite

a bunch of others.

Good to see someone else who appreciates H.C.

Unity,Uniform Choice, Dag Nasty, Chain of Strength, Justice League, Supertouch, Quicksand, on and on...

Dag Nasty, holy shit, Wig Out at Denko's was a great record, my boy Mike has the Dag Nasty symbol tat2. Uniform Choice "Screaming for a change, still screaming", ahhhhh the memories..

------------------

Dag Nasty, holy shit, Wig Out at Denko's was a great record, my boy Mike has the Dag Nasty symbol tat2. Uniform Choice "Screaming for a change, still screaming", ahhhhh the memories..

While "Wig Out" is good, "Can I Say" w/ Dave Smalley (of DYS) was the ultimate record of my adolescence.

I sold almost all my HC records off w/ the exception of first pressings of the Unity 7", and Uniform Choice's "Screaming for Change"

Selling those would be like chipping away at my soul.

------------------

http://www.bigcharts.com/intchart/frames/frames.asp?symb=wavc&time=6&freq=1&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&comp=&ma=2&maval=13%2C24%2C50&uf=0&lf=1&type=4&style=320&size=3&lf2=0&lf3=0

Originally posted by handfulofdust:

While "Wig Out" is good, "Can I Say" w/ Dave Smalley (of DYS) was the ultimate record of my adolescence.

I sold almost all my HC records off w/ the exception of first pressings of the Unity 7", and Uniform Choice's "Screaming for Change"

Selling those would be like chipping away at my soul.

I still have a bunch of first pressings lying around somewhere, the first pressing SOIA 7" & the GB 7" first pressing too. I still listen to a bunch of that, went to see D.R.I. this past Sunday, felt like a flashback to 1986.

------------------