Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Other Kinds of Music Do You Like?

Just curious what people enjoy other than club music. Club music is awesome but I cannot stick to it all the time. Variety is great. I love all kinds of different music and my CD collection is a huge contradiction. So much different stuff. People get amazed but on the way home from a club, nothing makes me happier than "Shine on you crazy diamond" blasting in my car. ORGASMIC...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crystalmethodny

Pretty much everything.

Music is the answer!

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Like yourself, love all kinds of music.. But, I can't listen to it all the time. Everyone needs a little down time..from house/trance/techno, etc. "DEVIL" music as I call it ..LOL

It guides you on your path to destruction...

But back to my answer, I like some 80's music and freestyle, some hip-hop but not too hardcore or anything.... cwm2.gif

------------------

vampienyc10

i can find a groove to just about anything except country and death/heavy metal.

amongst my top favorite genres:

progressive house/trance, classic jazz/blues, contemporary jazz, r&b, and what i call contemporary folk (sarah mclaughlin, tori amos, heather nova and the like) although i haven't decided if this is the right name for this genre...

------------------

icon9.giflove.gifbiggrin.gif

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

What's wrong with classical and heavy metal? Nothing more romantic than a guy playing something like Moonlight Sonata to you... Opera can be awesome, too. I enjoy it all except country music smile.gif)) And some R&B pisses me off with all that whining that's considered to be talent.

Oh I didn't say there was anything wrong with it but its just not my Earl Grey. I used to listen to heavy metal and was into that gothic stuff (everything black) but I outgrew it. I guess. smile.gif

~*Jam*~

------------------

Non esco con Tizio, Caio e Sempronio. Forse Caio!

Hey it's nice to see another DnB head on this board. Aside from that anything goes, i would have to say that if it's not electronic it's gotta be something very lyric driven. LIke Jeff Buckley,Grant lee Buffalo, or Ani Difranco. peace, Steph cwm5.gif

[This message has been edited by lafera1 (edited 09-19-2000).]

You are all from NYC, no?

Anyone listen to the Groove Collective? Hometown crew, and they rip up places like the Wetlands and The Bowery Ballroom all the time.

Another local act that is great is 'Topaz.'

CHECK THEM OUT - GOOD SHIT

Also try guys like:

Galactic

Charlie Hunter

Ani DiFranco is another favorite

Jeff Buckley, too.

Ben Harper is AMAZING.

John Scofield

Medeski, Martin and Wood.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my trance/house/beats, but there is so much other GREAT stuff out there.

Bagel, Bagel, Bagel, Bagel - sometimes you want a donut, ya know?

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

lafera1:

You're a DnB head too? sept 29 - theres a great south asian drum n bass party at The Cooler...its on 14th and 8th ave..its called Mutiny..not sure if you like Talvin Singh or Asian Dub Foundation...

------------------

..the blackness, the darkness forever...