Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My bank lost $3000

OK kiddies...

Living proof that the ATM deposits don't always work like you want...

I was wondering why after I deposited a check for $3G's my account didn't seem to have that much money in it.

I checked my accounts online and discovered that the deposit didn't appear in my account activity... WTF. I call citibank about it and they tell me it will take 5 - 7 days to investigate, while my draft protection accrues interested and shit!!!!!!!!! Now I gotta fucking waste my time finding the bank receipts and calling the other bank where the check came from (it cleared 5 days after I deposited it)

I'm gonna fuckin' crack some heads!!!!!!!!

cwm23.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

Thanks for calling me names for something my bank did.... And just for your info my bank closed all of it's downtown branch offices, so my only choice was an ATM...

Now fucking bite me bitch!!!!

cwm23.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

9805t.gif

doh !!!!!

i never deposit check .. direct deposit for me ! ...

sucks when they dont get the fuckign thing over theer in time liek .. umm , this weeeknd ! ... they just gave memy voided check so my dough better be in teh bank !

hopefully it works out ! maybe u should told them it was 10000 =) ... or see if they will give u a free toaster or somethign for the incovinence

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Oh jees Hugh. I'm sorry hon. I had something very very similar happen to me once. Don't beat yourself up, it is *not* your fault. Banks are responsible for your money...they make money OFF your money so they should take care of it.

What a pain in the ass :-( Call me this week, I'll treat ya to a milk shake! <laughs> (Is poor right now so she can't do much more than that. ;-) )

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

Guest cosmicgirl

quanto,

yeah the same thing happened to me at citibank--it was 2000 and i deposited it through the teller too! dont worry you WILL get your money soon enough, they are really good about that--it just sucks in the meantime.....

------------------

What goes on?!?!

Originally posted by quanto_magnus:

OK kiddies...

Living proof that the ATM deposits don't always work like you want...

I was wondering why after I deposited a check for $3G's my account didn't seem to have that much money in it.

I checked my accounts online and discovered that the deposit didn't appear in my account activity... WTF. I call citibank about it and they tell me it will take 5 - 7 days to investigate, while my draft protection accrues interested and shit!!!!!!!!! Now I gotta fucking waste my time finding the bank receipts and calling the other bank where the check came from (it cleared 5 days after I deposited it)

I'm gonna fuckin' crack some heads!!!!!!!!

Lost your money you were to use for that sex change operation, huh? What to do now? For a fraction of that amount, say $100, I will come over, chop your dick off, then cut a hole between your legs, stuff some shit into your chest. Comes with a money back guarantee, if you can find me that is.

Originally posted by quanto_magnus:

And just for your info my bank closed all of it's downtown branch offices, so my only choice was an ATM...

well, it's very common for ATM deposits to take a few business days -- it sounds like you've never deposited in an ATM before? you should have waited for the next day the bank was open -- at my bank the deposit posts right when you at the teller. wouldn't that be faster?

some banks will put the first $100 available from your deposit and it waits for the check to actually go through until the rest is available.

it's not the bank's fault, just read the notice about deposits at the ATM, esp. during weekends and holidays!!! did you use your own bank's ATM or a diff bank?

i once deposited $200 through ATM at a bank different than mine (because my credit union only has 3 branches!) and it was closer to my work. well, stupid me i typed in only $20 even though the check was for $200 -- i "lost" $180 until that ATM's deposit actually goes through the reserve and they reconcile the tender with the media -- almost 2 weeks!

we'll just chalk this one up to experience and a lesson about ATMs.

------------------

sneak.jpg

http://liz.isfamous.com

Originally posted by ooana:

Oh jees Hugh. I'm sorry hon. I had something very very similar happen to me once. Don't beat yourself up, it is *not* your fault. Banks are responsible for your money...they make money OFF your money so they should take care of it.

What a pain in the ass :-( Call me this week, I'll treat ya to a milk shake! <laughs> (Is poor right now so she can't do much more than that. ;-) )

-Oo

Thanks, but luckily I found all of my receipts and fax'd them to the bank, so it should be cool in a week or so (ACK?). It was actually from another one of my own bank accounts, so I knew as soon as the check cleared (which was actually about a week+ ago).

OK, nuff said. Almost better now

cwm4.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

9805t.gif

That's odd, since Citibank has always credited my account with the balance of my deposits right away -- literally, as soon as I leave the terminal. But maybe that only holds true for deposits below a certain amount........

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."