Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IT'S OFFICIAL: TWILO WILL BE SHUT DOWN BEFORE THE SUMMER OF 2001

This is official and no joke or to start Drama thread. My Aunt who works in the commision of liquor and cigarette license office informed me this weekend that their office with the help of Guliani will retract Twilo's liquor license in the month of April 2001. The paperwork has been submitted and it normally takes 3 months.

I personally think this is great news since Twilo is the type of club that couldn't possibly exist without their liquor license and will certainly shut their doors before the summer. I'm as happy as a pig in shit at this point and the day Twilo Will shut down I am going to party like it's 2999. Fuck all who like Twilo. We finally won.

i'll believe it when i see it .. ..

plus vinyl dont serve booze .. ..

where would all teh big names go ..?

that could be the best thing that ever happened to limelight ... shit i hope so that would be really relally good for me ..

close it down now .. !

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

your such a fucking dork, please stop sniffing your Cheese dick Fumes, and go FUCK YOUR SELF....

and on the other hand, i never really liked Twilo....its just a box, with flashing light's and a good sound system, Yes they got good Dj's but its a BOX! Hahaha

Anyway.

*Me*

------------------

"kill a kandy kid"

4 FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"do u need some help wit your dick?"

:)

There is no way Twilo will shut down, Peter won't let it happen!!! They could definitely function without a liquor lisence, a lot of places do.

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A lighter, $ 1

GETTING HIGH, PRICELESS!!

It's sad but true Twilo is having some SERIOUS trouble. frown.gif I thought it would never happen but now I won't be surprised if they do get shut down. wzbigcry.gif

However, I would NOT want PVD or S&D to go to Limelight!! Are you nuts??!! It's already that packed and crowded in Twilo can you imagine how packed it will be in little Limelight??

My choice would be that they go to Exit ONLY if they improve the sound system. The venue is pretty, definately larger than Twilo OR Limelight and the have one kick ass light system!!

BlueAngel

------------------

"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists . . . in the loved one, perfection." -Sydney Portier angel.gif

BluAnglTek.jpg

honestly....I don't care about Twilo...but do you guys really believe everything that this person has to say??? he/she is just looking for drama......can't you see that?... this idiot gets off on it...........MO

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

Originally posted by exodust:

They could definitely function without a liquor lisence, a lot of places do.

They may be able to function but they will not be able to pay PVD or S&D or some of the other European DJs without the profit that they make from the bar. NO WAY! The only other place I know that makes it without a liquor license is Vinyl. And the only reason why they're able to keep DT there is because DT is not selfish like the other DJs. He's about much more than making money. That's not the case with the DJs that Twilo brings in.

BlueAngel

------------------

"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists . . . in the loved one, perfection." -Sydney Portier angel.gif

BluAnglTek.jpg

Originally posted by risa06:

honestly....I don't care about Twilo...but do you guys really believe everything that this person has to say??? he/she is just looking for drama......can't you see that?... this idiot gets off on it...........MO

If he posted this a month ago then I would of definately laughed in his face. But my bf knows the manager and a lot of the promoters for the club and you can see it on their faces that it's not going too well for Twilo AT ALL!! cwm6.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

BluAnglTek.jpg

Originally posted by blueangel:

They may be able to function but they will not be able to pay PVD or S&D or some of the other European DJs without the profit that they make from the bar. NO WAY! The only other place I know that makes it without a liquor license is Vinyl. And the only reason why they're able to keep DT there is because DT is not selfish like the other DJs. He's about much more than making money. That's not the case with the DJs that Twilo brings in.

BlueAngel

I hear you on this one, but do you really think that the bar is what keeps this club open, hell no! It can't. We must not forget that it is up to $35 just to get in the fucking door! I rarely ever see people drinking there anyway.

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A lighter, $ 1

Originally posted by exodust:

I hear you on this one, but do you really think that the bar is what keeps this club open, hell no! It can't. We must not forget that it is up to $35 just to get in the fucking door! I rarely ever see people drinking there anyway.

Are you kidding?? The bar is never cleared out until like 5:00 a.m. The drunk people leave at 5:00 and the hardcore people party til closing.

Twilo makes crazy cash from the bar and that's where most of their profit comes from. TRUST ME.

BlueAngel

------------------

BluAnglTek.jpg

If he posted this a month ago then I would of definately laughed in his face. But my bf knows the manager and a lot of the promoters for the club and you can see it on their faces that it's not going too well for Twilo AT ALL!! cwm6.gif

BlueAngel

oh...sorry to hear that Blue...I know its one of your fav clubs......I would hate for something like that to happend w/ the club that I love.............

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

Originally posted by back2basics-:

I am sure the only reason Home hasn't picked one of the 3 venues it has been offered is bacause they are waiting to here about Twilo... it's funny how they had a legal team on it then everything stops around the time of the second death.

What do you mean? You think if Twilo gets shut down then Home won't come to NY? Or do you think Home will try to buy out Twilo? Please clarify!! cwm13.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

BluAnglTek.jpg

Originally posted by az-tec:

Honestly..I am NOT surprised.....I think it is going to happen soon. Maybe even b4 April.

SOrry...I love tha place to..But I defoinitely think this is legit.

-A

Okay Andy spill it...whaddya know??? hehe j/k....dont wanna put u on the spot.

------------------

tigger.gif

"Love is friendship set to music."

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

What do you mean? You think if Twilo gets shut down then Home won't come to NY? Or do you think Home will try to buy out Twilo? Please clarify!! cwm13.gif

BlueAngel

Yeh it was well publised last year that Home were just choosing form 3 venues... a freind of mine works for their legal team and they were asked to look into licencing details on 3 venues. Then just after the second death they were asked to stop... now i would read that as they were thinking Twilo may become available after all that bad press. They will still come, it's too big a market to miss out on.

Does anybody know when their licence is up or when the first court case is?

From What i hear its not bullshit.

iv heard something almost Identical, to what he said, sorry about my little out-Burst Earlier, Haha...

I mean if u no anything about The business

Behind club's then u will no that Either the club will be sold to someone who will keep it the same, or it will Shut-down. I mean they did some hard core shit, Hiding people in closet's THATS HARSH,

Hahah

*Me*

------------------

"kill a kandy kid"

4 FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding?? The bar is never cleared out until like 5:00 a.m. The drunk people leave at 5:00 and the hardcore people party til closing.

Twilo makes crazy cash from the bar and that's where most of their profit comes from. TRUST ME.

maybe your right that it will hurt their sales a little but more than half of Twilo is tripping and not drinking, the only reason the bar is packed is cause people are getting waters. Twilo is headed for trouble though, I'll give you that. Remember this summer when that fat kid died? It was my boyfriend and his freinds who helped carry him out. That was some sick shit to witness too. That and those fucking secret rooms is what's going to be the end of Twilo. Gulliani is ready to tear that place a new asshole

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A lighter, $ 1

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Yeh it was well publised last year that Home were just choosing form 3 venues... a freind of mine works for their legal team and they were asked to look into licencing details on 3 venues. Then just after the second death they were asked to stop... now i would read that as they were thinking Twilo may become available after all that bad press. They will still come, it's too big a market to miss out on.

Does anybody know when their licence is up or when the first court case is?

If Home takes over Twilo then I'm all for it!! New management and staff, but the same music? Bring it on! cwm32.gif

It's not the club that I'm in love with . . . only their DJs and their sound system!

BlueAngel

------------------

BluAnglTek.jpg

If Home takes over Twilo then I'm all for it!! New management and staff, but the same music? Bring it on! cwm32.gif

It's not the club that I'm in love with . . . only their DJs and their sound system!

BlueAngel

Thats what I thought too (just loving their DJs and sound system), but come to think of it (really think), I have too many fond memeries of the space itself. Just our routines for the different nights, eg, heading straight to the VIP lounge on S&D nights, and then the dance-floor later, sitting on the pyramid steps near the back bar and looking over the whole dance-floor, the lights, the kryogenifix system, etc. Many people complain about the small space/dancefloor...IMO, thats what creates such a tight vibe. A huge club like Exit couldn't possibly hold an overall vibe cuz of its huge size. Also, the fact that they play different kinds of music in different rooms means you'll attract different kinds of people in the same place. Diversity isn't ALWAYS a good thing.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Well, if HOME does come to NY, i hope they dont use the Old Twilo Building, cause its so SMALL! i mean look SF left, for a bigger space right? Haha, i mean if there coming, please By Tunnel or webster hall, or something that can Be turned into something BIG, maybe even the old USA would be nice,

Bot not TWILO!!

Hahaha

------------------

"kill a kandy kid"

4 FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!